6.2 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ban

Ander Herrera has been slightly underwhelming. Mata has been underwhelming. Memphis has been very shit. I'll wait and see instead of getting hysterical immediately.
Ok so leave us then to be hysterical if you don't want to be. They've been underwhelming, Mickhi has not.

He plays through balls. That's enough for me. :)

Nick7

Ander Herrera has been slightly underwhelming. Mata has been underwhelming. Memphis has been very shit. I'll wait and see instead of getting hysterical immediately.
Again, what does that have to do with him impressing today?

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
His movement is excellent, and his acceleration impressed me the most. Didn't realise how fast he was especially with the ball. Loved how he turned 1 defender and ghosted passed him, ran by another defender and then slipped a pass to Memphis. They are exactly the sort of moments we needed last year to break stubborn defences down.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
Where did Mhiki play and what was his performance like?
Played as a 10. Best player on the field by a country mile.
Could have had a couple of assists, should definitely had at least one that Memphis fluffed. Had a chance of a volley to score, maybe should have scored but was a tough chance from about 10 yards out.
Beat a few men by running past them with ease, a few through balls, couple of nice turns into space.

At the end of the day it was Wigan, but he still had a good first half before being subbed

Raw

Where did Mhiki play and what was his performance like?
As a #10 on paper, but he was floating around the attacking third and looked pretty exciting. Created a great chance for Memphis who messed it up, and also missed a good chance of his own.

Trizy

Good debut, looks a threat all the time.

If he's gonna play in the hole we should try add Mahrez out RW.. has he a clause?

LuisNaniencia

Sky Sports called my bluff
Played as a 10. Best player on the field by a country mile.
Could have had a couple of assists, should definitely had at least one that Memphis fluffed. Had a chance of a volley to score, maybe should have scored but was a tough chance from about 10 yards out.
Beat a few men by running past them with ease, a few through balls, couple of nice turns into space.

At the end of the day it was Wigan, but he still had a good first half before being subbed
As a #10 on paper, but he was floating around the attacking third and looked pretty exciting. Created a great chance for Memphis who messed it up, and also missed a good chance of his own.
Thanks. Just watched the Memphis miss on twitter. :eek:

Interesting he played number 10. Wonder what this means for Rooney if that's going to be his regular position.

Early days but he looks to share Martial's ability to effortlessly ghost past players. Exactly what we need on the right flank and a great debut, even if was against poor opposition.

Slevs

likes to play with penises
Couldn't watch the game but Mkhitaryan is the best player in the world. No one dare say a bad word about my countryman. :D

settembrini

Best player in the first half. Looked on another level compared to the rest of our attackers. Think he will combine brilliantly with pacy runners like Martial and Rashford.

Parry Gallister

Happy with that, can beat a man, clever, good passing and chance creation, direct running when required, he looks good.

Creepy

Account relocated to MaxiPaxi
Doesn't look any better than Wilfred Zaha, should have just got Ben Afro on a free and used the 36 million elsewhere. Meh. Hehe.Joking love my Armenian cousin !

Globule

signature/tagline creator extraordinaire
Just finished watching the first half and he's already got me excited for the season. Not sure if Mourinho sees him as a floating #10 or on the wings, but it's encouraging to see a player dribble past his markers with relative ease. We've missed that.

James_42

The thought of him creating chances for Zlatan gets me so excited.

It looked like an U21 game and he was the only first team player on the pitch, he looked a level above almost every other player on the pitch, I know it was only against Wigan but his quality is clear to see.

jem

Some of the comments, damn. He's a great player and will help Utd but this is still the same player that was just decent in 13/14 and crap in 14/15. His very best season so far was the last one. Some of the comments are very OTT.
Fans note that Mikytaryen is a great player and will help team; VorZakone says same thing in second line of post; VorZakone claims people are over the top with their praise...

izzydiggler

Nice to see a player moving forward with purpose and running at players / playing through balls that come with an element of risk - it's been sorely missed. Only a friendly against weak opposition etc but a very promising start for him and the team under Mourinho.

ChaddyP

The most exciting part of watching him play is knowing he will never be "Van gaaled" !!

Fantastic signing

Carlsen19

Don't listen to my lies RE: Lineups
Very good debut, so much quicker than I thought. Should and would have had an assist if Memphis wasn't dog shite.

Oo0AahCantona

He's the player we've long needed, and the player we expected kagawa and mata to be.

SSSSnake

Some of the comments, damn. He's a great player and will help Utd but this is still the same player that was just decent in 13/14 and crap in 14/15. His very best season so far was the last one. Some of the comments are very OTT.
It's ok he's evolved just like a Pokeman charecter. He's now a super Mikaman with a higher cp.

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
Played well in the number 10 role. Should have had an assist and a goal against Wigin. However, I am sure once he become sharper with more games, his end product will greatly improve.

So far, Mourinho seems like a smart manager. Playing Mhkitaryan in middle with Lingard out wide was a wise choice. I am worried how Rooney will be shoehorned into the team, but nevertheless Mhkitaryan looks quality and an impact player like De Bryune from Manchester City.

I am interested to see how well he plays with Rashford aswell.

Red Stone

A lot of promising performances today. Mata, Mkhitaryan and Pereira look ready to play some ball. Add Zlatan and Martial (and Le Pog :drool: ) to the mix and we've got an exciting team.

sugar_kane

Was surprised how beefy he looks, physique wise, despite his quick pace.

The way he carries himself there's no way he will get pushed around like Mata or Herrera.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
Was bang average and hugely overrated.
Agreed.

Agreed on all players.

FWIW though, he was the best player on the pitch, until he was subbed off.

Acole9

Outstanding
Good start to his career with us, I thought he was by far the best player in the first half.

Jaybomb

Looked like a real difference maker. Pacey, agile, seems to always want the ball. Should have scored that tap in but hey, its only a friendly so it doesn't really matter.

My issue is people calling him "Micky Tarian", its pronounced "Mikit-Tar-Yan" - 3 syllables. It amazes me cause this guy is one of the best wingers in the game and so many people don't know his name.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
Looked like a real difference maker. Pacey, agile, seems to always want the ball. Should have scored that tap in but hey, its only a friendly so it doesn't really matter.

My issue is people calling him "Micky Tarian", its pronounced "Mikit-Tar-Yan" - 3 syllables. It amazes me cause this guy is one of the best wingers in the game and so many people don't know his name.
That's not his he said it in the video of English pronunciation

Devil may care

He was class in his first 45 minutes for us, his control and acceleration as well as weight of pass were great to see, it will be interesting to finally find out where Jose plays him when the PL kicks off.

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
No one has said "he's a great player" in this thread/performance, except yourself. Posters are giving their opinions on his performance in this game. Not the past or the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.