6.2 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

cyberman

Finally get an answer for the right wing question and people want to play him as a no 10?
Where's the logic?
Everybody's prefered postion seems to be at number fecking 10 these days

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
Finally get an answer for the right wing question and people want to play him as a no 10?
Where's the logic?
Everybody's prefered postion seems to be at number fecking 10 these days
The logic is we all rather see Mhkitaryan as the number 10 than Rooney. However, you do not have to worry because once our captain is back Mhkitaryan will go back to playing on the right side.

cyberman

The logic is we all rather see Mhkitaryan as the number 10 than Rooney. However, you do not have to worry because once our captain is back Mhkitaryan will go back to playing on the right side.
Yes but Mkhitaryan playing out wide with Mata / whoever through the middle is better than starting Lingard or Mata himself out wide.
That problem position still wouldn't be solved.

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
Yes but Mkhitaryan playing out wide with Mata / whoever through the middle is better than starting Lingard or Mata himself out wide.
That problem position still wouldn't be solved.
Not really because Mata or Lingard can become a productive part of the team in that right wide role as seen with some of their performance in that role in comparison to playing with two static forwards down the middle. Moreso, Lingard than Mata because Mata work ethic is questionable. Unless we are playing a 4-3-3 and we have a dynamic midfielder in one of those two center midfield role, then it will be hard to see how Zlatan will form a good partnership with another static player behind him.

ottosec

I was very impressed with him, but let's not forget that Herrera had like 5 assists in his first game for us.

ReDDHDevilS

Couldn't watch the game. From the highlights it looks like Mkhi had a decent debut but I see he'd his customary miss! Should have buried that one. This will drive some nuts next season if he continues to squander some of the chances that fall his way.

stepic

can't see him not playing right wing if we don't sign anyone else besides Pogba

XdanielredX

Enjoy the way he played in the number 10 role, in this game anyway, I know it's only oen game but if it's anything to go by.. isn't trying to be too ridiculously technical or beat a tonne of players or be flashy as feck.

He just gets the ball, turns, runs at the defence and stretches it then plays through a killer through ball highlighted exactly in that video when he played through that ball for Memphis.... exactly what we need.

NK86

Enjoy the way he played in the number 10 role, in this game anyway, I know it's only oen game but if it's anything to go by.. isn't trying to be too ridiculously technical or beat a tonne of players or be flashy as feck.

He just gets the ball, turns, runs at the defence and stretches it then plays through a killer through ball highlighted exactly in that video when he played through that ball for Memphis.... exactly what we need.
That is pretty much what Herrera did in his first few preseason friendly matches before getting coached out of it by LVG.

kr0nix

Love the way he takes the ball on the half turn. He's got great spatial awareness too.

Perrick Dubois

Looked very tidy indeed. I think he'll naturally gravitate to the right hand side when Rooney comes back to play behind the front striker. He will get an absolute swag of assists if he can play off the fullback who is pushed up and get in behind to play the ball across the face of goal for Zlatan. (Exactly like that one for Memphis.) Then if he has time to take an extra touch and set himself he'll get Rooney square inside who will have a pretty routine low drive into the bottom left corner. It will be on almost every time.

It will be his go-to move, our go-to scoring weapon and I think he'll create a lot of chances for us this season. Looks a very good piece of business.

Android1974

Incredibly anal about player positions in lineups
Pretty curious to see if Mourinho will continue to play him centrally in the friendlies against Dortmund and City. Cause Rooney will be there to see him but without being able to take part in the game. Cruel. And if Mkhitaryan continues to play like this in that central position, only a crazy guy would deploy him to the right-wing just to give Rooney some space in the first 11.

Carlsen19

Don't listen to my lies RE: Lineups
He's going to be our most important player this season. If he's not in the PFA team of the year I'll buy a hat and eat it.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Hopefully that was a sign of things to come from him and that he will only improve when linking up with the likes of Martial, Rashford, Zlatan, etc. I'm skeptical of him but he was impressive yesterday despite his miss and it only being Wigan.

NoPace

Obvious class and great mobility. For me, he immediately joins De Gea, Shaw (presuming full recovery) and Martial (at LW, not as a 9, partly because it's harder to find a 20 goal LW than a 30 goal 9) in our bracket of players who are likelier than not to produce a truly top class season. Zlatan is in a race against time but you'd back him too for this year. Hopefully we sign a 6th like Pogba and then considering their ages, strengths and Mourinho's success with CBs there's a decent chance Bailly or Smalling will be up there too. And then smaller chances someone like Rashford or TFM explodes or a guy like Herrera or Darmian has a career year.

As much as people talk about systems and such (and obviously Simeone and Leicester and certain Fergie teams show it's possible to far outperform your talent level) I think the most basic problem post-Fergie has been that we've had 2-4 top, top (God I sound like Redknapp) players and not 8-10.

whereas the top teams in Europe and best Fergie teams (think much of 06-08 where everyone but the RB was basically a star and prime Carrick was often our 2nd worst starter despite being really damn good) boast 8-10 top class, productive players and then find solutions or systems to get production from very good, very committed but not great players (think Ji Sung Park for us or Arbeloa or Casemiro at Madrid or Schmelzer, Bender or Kuba on that best Dortmund team) to round out the first choice XI.

So this year I'd put the over/under at 5.5 if we don't sign Pogba and 6.5 if we do. Halfway there already.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Just seen a highlight reel of him from the game and he looks like what we've needed. Creative and doesn't fanny about. Let's not play him out of position.

baanke laal

banned
Jurgen Klopp said he was not surprised to see Henrikh Mkhitaryan leave Borussia Dortmund for Manchester United and that it was the ideal time for the Armenia international to make the move.

Klopp signed Mkhitaryan from Shakhtar Donetsk for €27.5 million while still in charge at Dortmund in 2013, making him the club's record signing, but the attacking midfielder only found his best form last season when Thomas Tuchel was in charge.

Dortmund opted to cash in this summer for a fee reported to be between £26.3m (€31.5m) and £35.4m (€42.5m) when United made a move for the 27-year-old, who had just one year remaining on his contract.

"I was not swept off my feet when I heard about it," Liverpool boss Klopp toldDie Welt. "If a player plays such a season he gets so much attention and opportunities he never dared to even dream of before."

He added: "It was clear from day one that Mkhitaryan would not be at Dortmund forever. Last season was his year and there could not have been a better market than the current one for him."

He also played down the impact of Dortmund losing captain Mats Hummels to Bayern Munich and midfielder Ilkay Gundogan to Manchester City.

"At BVB we had to deal with the fact that these things happen every year," Klopp said.

"I think it's absolutely OK what Mats Hummels did, even though it feels totally weird. He was at Dortmund for over eight years -- what can you ask of such a player?

"He gave it his all for BVB, and I can understand that he wanted to do something different. However, a lot of people don't think it's cool he joined Bayern.

"Gundogan thought about leaving for a while. It was to be expected."

He said Dortmund had enjoyed an "exceptional" 2015-16 season, when they finished runners-up in both the Bundesliga and DFB Pokal, and said their work in the transfer market was "extraordinary."

He added: "Ousmane Dembele is good, Emre Mor is good, Mikel Merino is good, Sebastian Rode is good, Raphael Guerreiro is good. That fits."

Walters_19_MuFc

Not been much activity in here. Wasn't the best of games for him today. Wasn't really able to get himself in the game, and when he was, like most of our players, he was dispossessed or gave it away.

You could tell when he came off he wasn't happy about his performance, but the positive was that he bagged a goal.

Desperate to see him on the right now. Hoping to see him there against City.

ChaddyP

Had a disappointing game in my opinion. Even with the goal, and you could tell by his body language after that he wasn't pleased one bit.

togg

Not been much activity in here. Wasn't the best of games for him today. Wasn't really able to get himself in the game, and when he was, like most of our players, he was dispossession or gave it away.

You could tell when he came off he wasn't happy about his performance, but the positive was that he bagged a goal.

Desperate to see him on the right now. Hoping to see him there against City.
I really believe he's one of those players that needs a different approach because he thrives on confidence. Fergie would have absolutely nailed this player character wise and the way to get the best out of him mentally, let's hope Jose does the same.

elnorte

Freaky fly day
Makes for depressing reading does the last couple of pages of this thread. Again I didn't the see game but I can only go on what is being said here. Clearly something very wrong has been afflicting the club these last few years and that in turn has seemingly so often sucked all the vibrance and energy out of our players including ones we signed that originally came with such promise. I trust Jose to dispel this malaise as it would quite frankly be painful to see Mkhitaryan suffer the same fate.

lem8sh

Makes for depressing reading does the last couple of pages of this thread. Again I didn't the see game but I can only go on what is being said here. Clearly something very wrong has been afflicting the club these last few years and that in turn has seemingly so often sucked all the vibrance and energy out of our players including ones we signed that originally came with such promise. I trust Jose to dispel this malaise as it would quite frankly be painful to see Mkhitaryan suffer the same fate.
That's the last thing you should ever do.

2ndTouch

Supports
Bayern München
I really believe he's one of those players that needs a different approach because he thrives on confidence. Fergie would have absolutely nailed this player character wise and the way to get the best out of him mentally, let's hope Jose does the same.
He very much depends on the overall mood in the squad. He flourishes when his teammates are doing well, but he isn't someone to turn the tide when things are going south.
He'll be a lot better once he has the first guard by his side.

Jacky Quacky

made eight consecutive posts about Fellaini once
Don't know why he was on the left. Never got the ball and he's not a LW but a AM/RW. He's a player that needs to be played because when he's on form he brings something new to the team. Can't wait to see him on the right.

elnorte

Freaky fly day
That's the last thing you should ever do.
Of course that's true. And that is why I'm trying to refrain from passing judgement so-to-speak at least in this specific instance. Overall I was really talking in more general terms based on past negative experiences and simply just hoping the future will be a good bit more positive.

Acole9

Outstanding
Nice to see him get a goal but apart from that he was quiet.

Riz

Christ it's been 2 pre season games. :lol:

Not to mention he was our best player in the first 1.

elnorte

Freaky fly day

I know, I know. I was just saying I hope to feck things go a little better this time around both for individuals and the club in general. It ain't been pretty these last few years.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
He reminded me of his first two years at Dortmund today, but it's still early days for him.

m1y2

He was as bad as Lingard but people have their favourites to criticise. We could do better but Dortmund turned up much fitter hence the result.. everyone will get better and I am sure Micky will star for us

XdanielredX

Only on the United forum could a player have played 2 pre-season friendlies for the club, in which one of them he was the best player, and be judged that he is not good enough and something is wrong.

Absolutely crazy stuff.

Ramshock

CAF Pilib De Brún Translator
Swimming against a tide of idiots and spoofers
feckin hell :houllier:

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
I know right? I said the same thing in the Pogba thread, I didn't watch the Fortune game but it seems Paul had no impact in it whatsoever, waste of money.

elnorte

Freaky fly day
feckin hell :houllier:
Again, I tried to clarify what I meant first time round with a couple of follow-up posts but I understand I should have expressed myself better in the first place. Of course it's silly to be overly concerned about one pre-season friendly game but I'd take a little more heart from reading positive rather than negative reports. There's been too many disappointing signings of late and it's likely affected my mindset and quite possibly my common sense too.

Status
Not open for further replies.