6.2 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

LouisDanGaal

Everyone bar Mata and Hererra is underperforming, there's no need to single out Mkhi for not performing to his max capacity. Give the guy a proper run out, persist with him as the alternative isn't yielding any spectacular results atm. It really boils my blood to think we have a 30 mil pound potential assist making machine on the sidelines sulking while Klopp is making Lallana and Mane look like Robben and Ribery.
I'm not singling him out. Its just when commenting in this thread he tends to be the player I focus on. I don't think hes been given a fair chance to not play at maximum capacity yet. What is he supposed to do in tiny cameos? Just put him on the pitch and leave him there until he hits form

NoLogo

This is the most bizarre thing. Surely mikis natural ability is incredibly obvious over lingards, you'd think it was easy, very easy to pick up on.
The problem is that if Mkhi is in a state where he lacks confidence he will easily be the worst player on the pitch every time. We saw that at Dortmund. The natural ability was there but the final pass or finishing a goal scoring chance he usually would bottle it. Mkhi's performances are in a very large part dependent on his mental state and if he is insecure and lacks confidence it will show massively in his performances.

And something tells me that atm José isn't really in the mood to pamper him and give him his confidence back like Tuchel did.

LouisDanGaal

The problem is that if Mkhi is in a state where he lacks confidence he will easily be the worst player on the pitch every time. We saw that at Dortmund. The natural ability was there but the final pass or finishing a goal scoring chance he usually would bottle it. Mkhi's performances are in a very large part dependent on his mental state and if he is insecure and lacks confidence it will show massively in his performances.

And something tells me that atm José isn't really in the mood to pamper him and give him his confidence back like Tuchel did.
I think you might be right. Problem is different players need different approaches. We have a split squad and I think a lot of them need pampering, its what a manager like ancelotti excels at, its clearly different to mourinhos, also successful, style, but for some players they can't adapt to the siege mentality way of playing.

Marcelinho87

I understand people wanting to get mhki into the side but can we stop with the endless bashing of Lingard to suit the agenda.

If you was going to rank the performances of the players so far this season Lingard would be quite near the top of the list. He's a good player and follows the instructions given to a tee. Sure he's not going to start dribbling past 5 people and sticking the ball in the top corner but his movement, workrate and passing ability get him into the team week after week.

If anyone needs dropping st the moment it's Rashford. He needs to be coming on as an impact sub up top rather than playing out wide.
I agree.

Dobbs

Everyone bar Mata and Hererra is underperforming, there's no need to single out Mkhi for not performing to his max capacity. Give the guy a proper run out, persist with him as the alternative isn't yielding any spectacular results atm. It really boils my blood to think we have a 30 mil pound potential assist making machine on the sidelines sulking while Klopp is making Lallana and Mane look like Robben and Ribery.
Are Valencia, Bailly, Carrick, Fellaini, Blind, Lingard, Smalling and Rojo underperforming? I don't think so, I think they've played in line with their ability. Do you think those players have another level they can play at?

It's frustrating with Mkhi but I think you have to trust the guy who watches him every day. Especially when his last two appearances have been a bit crap. We can't always blame the team for individual performances.

K2K

"Can Manchester United score? They always score"
This is the most bizarre thing. Surely mikis natural ability is incredibly obvious over lingards, you'd think it was easy, very easy to pick up on.
Di Maria's natural talent was far and above Young's in that 2014/15 season. But Young was putting in better perfomances and was a crucial feature of us making it into the top 4 that season.

You can't just pick players due to supposed natural talent. That's no better than picking players based on past reputation.

Mkhi has seriously been underwhelming when he has played.

Litch

Are Valencia, Bailly, Carrick, Fellaini, Blind, Lingard, Smalling and Rojo underperforming? I don't think so, I think they've played in line with their ability. Do you think those players have another level they can play at?

It's frustrating with Mkhi but I think you have to trust the guy who watches him every day. Especially when his last two appearances have been a bit crap. We can't always blame the team for individual performances.
I agree. Lots of players have actually played well this season but clearly their best IMO will never be good enough.

Dobbs

I agree. Lots of players have actually played well this season but clearly their best IMO will never be good enough.
Yeah I think lots of posters mix up underperforming with just not being good enough. Then it gets blamed on the manager.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Maybe Miki could use a run out in the reserves? Just to allow him to build up match fitness and play in an environment that's less pressurised?
I don't understand why players aren't doing it this season? Basti and TFM as well. What's the point of not using that resource to get the match fitness? Can't expect people to be thrown in and make an immediate impact if they haven't been playing...

LouisDanGaal

Di Maria's natural talent was far and above Young's in that 2014/15 season. But Young was putting in better perfomances and was a crucial feature of us making it into the top 4 that season.

You can't just pick players due to supposed natural talent. That's no better than picking players based on past reputation.

Mkhi has seriously been underwhelming when he has played.
Yeah you are right. Di maria was a weird player, started so well but despite getting assists throughout was genuinely woeful for the most part. Young was good for us that season despite a low return of goals and assists.

K2K

"Can Manchester United score? They always score"
Yeah you are right. Di maria was a weird player, started so well but despite getting assists throughout was genuinely woeful for the most part. Young was good for us that season despite a low return of goals and assists.
Exactly.Lingard has actually done well .Not excellent either.What he's been very good is his link up play.

I think Mkhi can come good for us.Very talented player.But that shouldn't solely be the reason for his selection.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Exactly.Lingard has actually done well .Not excellent either.What he's been very good is his link up play.

I think Mkhi can come good for us.Very talented player.But that shouldn't solely be the reason for his selection.
If you don't want to select him on that basis then why sign a player who is heavily reliant on confidence, makes no sense imho. Based on his previous seasons he's the last guy who forces his way into the starting XI from the outside.

AN17

I'm not singling him out. Its just when commenting in this thread he tends to be the player I focus on. I don't think hes been given a fair chance to not play at maximum capacity yet. What is he supposed to do in tiny cameos? Just put him on the pitch and leave him there until he hits form
I was referring to Jose, not you sir about the singling out bit.

I was actually agreeing with what you said.

LouisDanGaal

I was referring to Jose, not you sir about the singling out bit.

I was actually agreeing with what you said.
My bad! Jose always singles out a player, its usually club icons, its a bit surprising to see it be a player he himself brought in.

AN17

None of those players bar Lingard competes with Mkhi for the same position, and his performance while tidy haven't exactly been match winning.

Look, I'm not taking sides here, nor saying Jose is wrong or Mkhi is being unfairly treated.I just wish for everyones sake such an important player is not wasted for too long.

Dobbs

None of those players bar Lingard competes with Mkhi for the same position, and his performance while tidy haven't exactly been match winning.

Look, I'm not taking sides here, nor saying Jose is wrong or Mkhi is being unfairly treated.I just wish for everyones sake such an important player is not wasted for too long.
The reason I listed those players is because you said they were all underperforming. Suggesting there's a bigger reason for Mkhitaryans problems.

Sparky10Legend

Get rid in January, but to say its a cluster feck of a situation is a joke.

JM is on very thin ice, already, I had 110% faith in him.....thats down to 90%

El Zoido

It's weird, there's got to be something that's happened behind the scenes. I wouldn't be so quick to blame Jose without knowing the facts, but you'd have to think this guy is better than many of our other options.

Deleted member 101472

It's probably as simple as he's just not being doing it in training, in which case I understand the treatment.

Gandalf Greyhame

If in doubt, follow your nose!
Scout
He's off in January. No doubt. We are a joke when it comes to treating some players. Watch him tear it up at PsG when he leaves.

It's very hard to defend Mourinho. It's a shit lineup out there today, that's totally on the manager.

gofelx

Supports
Hamburgers
It's probably as simple as he's just not being doing it in training, in which case I understand the treatment.
The thing is that Mkhitaryan was known for being one of the most hard-working players at Dortmund and Shakhtar. I highly doubt that he's not trying his best to put a shift in. The problem with him was always his confidence, so I find it baffling how poorly the man-management from Mourinho has been. He's not getting any chance to show what he's capable of.

Deleted member 101472

The thing is that Mkhitaryan was known for being one of the most hard-working players at Dortmund and Shakhtar. I highly doubt that he's not trying his best to put a shift in. The problem with him was always his confidence, so I find it baffling how poorly the man-management from Mourinho has been. He's not getting any chance to show what he's capable of.
I want to see him play as much as anyone, but if he is a confidence player, then it's better to use him once the whole teams confidence is higher (whenever that is)

Hopefully he makes the bench for a few home games where we are 2/3 up ( again, whenever that is ) and he can play without pressure.

Devil81

Sell him in January and replace him with someone Mourinho actually likes.

3KDré

Where the feck is he? Mourinho better not feck this up because we have no good right wingers, and he's one of the best in the world.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
Could be the case that he's disillusioned, and so he's not trying hard enough.

Litch

Clearly something isn't right especially if not even on the bench.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
There could obviously be other factors at hand but it's not as if Mourinho doesn't have a history of doing this to players.
Considering what has happened when Mkhitaryan has made it onto the pitch is not exactly far fetched to think he might not be doing enough to warrant selection.

coolredwine

lameredboots
Considering what has happened when Mkhitaryan has made it onto the pitch is not exactly far fetched to think he might not be doing enough to warrant selection.
1 bad 45 minutes. The rest has been 20 minute off cameos. I am not sure if a player can be judged after giving him so little time.

Status
Not open for further replies.