Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
Re: hard work and determination, this is the guy who lived in Shakhtar's training base so that nothing could distract him from football.

He clearly is a confidence player but this looks like a poor man-management by Mou

Massive Spanner

The Football Grinch
Considering what has happened when Mkhitaryan has made it onto the pitch is not exactly far fetched to think he might not be doing enough to warrant selection.
You mean the City game? That would be kind of harsh given he was injured and had barely kicked a ball.

Lingard was subbed at half time for bring rubbish too but he hasn't been dropped completely.

Maybe Mkhi is a bad trainer and negative influence although his past record seems to state the complete opposite, so it's pretty hard to look past the idea that Mourinho doesn't like him and as such why the absolute feck did we buy him?

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
1 bad 45 minutes. The rest has been 20 minute off cameos. I am not sure if a player can be judged after giving him so little time.
If he's as amazing as people are suggesting, to the point where Mourinho is some kind of moron for not playing him, he'd have stood out in any cameo opportunity he got.

The most likely explanation is that he's struggling to fit in and taking time to get going. He'll either get there eventually and all will be well, or he'll end up leaving.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
You mean the City game? That would be kind of harsh given he was injured and had barely kicked a ball.

Lingard was subbed at half time for bring rubbish too but he hasn't been dropped completely.

Maybe Mkhi is a bad trainer and negative influence although his past record seems to state the complete opposite, so it's pretty hard to look past the idea that Mourinho doesn't like him and as such why the absolute feck did we buy him?
Not just the City game, but at no point has he stood out which is why I said it's not far fetched that he's not doing enough - in training or on the pitch.

Either Mourinho decided to buy a player he had no intention of using and didn't like, or the player hasn't lived up to expectations so far. Which seems more likely?

Litch

It's not like Mkhi hasn't got history. Common sense will tell you that this isn't about the manager? Honestly I'm always surprised how we are quick to blame the manager rather than the player....

Mciahel Goodman

Worst Werewolf Player of All Times
Staff
If he isn't in the team, I'm certain it's for footballing reasons. Even Schweinsteiger was training with the first team recently. We're threadbare, struggling for form, and Mourinho is under enormous pressure. Yet, people think that he's choosing to leave a player out for personal reasons (i.e., Mourinho knows that he's world class and could be winning him matches but doesn't like him so doesn't play him). I think it's just a nonsense argument.

coolredwine

lameredboots
If he's as amazing as people are suggesting, to the point where Mourinho is some kind of moron for not playing him, he'd have stood out in any cameo opportunity he got.

The most likely explanation is that he's struggling to fit in and taking time to get going. He'll either get there eventually and all will be well, or he'll end up leaving.
tbh, that was the same theory which was put forward when Herrera was being dropped/ignored by LvG. He isn't good enough. Should show his worth in 10 minutes. That's not how football works, especially at this level. We bought him for a certain price, pretty sure there was enough work which was done behind the doors to clear the amount/transfer. Only to reach at this point that he is not good enough? Amazing.

Massive Spanner

The Football Grinch
Not just the City game, but at no point has he stood out which is why I said it's not far fetched that he's not doing enough - in training or on the pitch.

Either Mourinho decided to buy a player he had no intention of using and didn't like, or the player hasn't lived up to expectations so far. Which seems more likely?
He hasn't stood out but I wouldn't say he was bad either, City aside. There's a difference between easing a player into the league like Arsene with Xhaka and what Mourinho is doing here. You don't ease a player in by banishing him from the team after a poor half.

The issue is the lack of consistency. Look at all thr players Mourinho has persisted with despite truly awful performances, why isn't the same happening with them?

I'm not outright blaming Mourinho, there's obviously stuff at play we don't know about here, maybe there's a fault on both sides we don't know about but from the outside its certainly easy to think that Mourinho doesn't like him and we're not likely to see a player we all wanted to see flourish here do so.

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks

I thought he did pretty well vs Hull.

I don't understand the situation anymore...he can't be that bad at training surely

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
tbh, that was the same theory which was put forward when Herrera was being dropped/ignored by LvG. He isn't good enough. Should show his worth in 10 minutes. That's not how football works, especially at this level. We bought him for a certain price, pretty sure there was enough work which was done behind the doors to clear the amount/transfer. Only to reach at this point that he is not good enough? Amazing.
Who said he's not good enough?

I said he seems to be struggling to settle in and get going.

Going from the logic of the bit in bold it'd be impossible for any transfer to not work out.

Smores

The most obvious reason is that he isnt performing in training. How is this such a constant issue of moaning on here?

At least with Kagawa he had periods of form for us that made people believe and thus moan. So far we've not had anything from Mkhit

Oneunited26

Re: hard work and determination, this is the guy who lived in Shakhtar's training base so that nothing could distract him from football.

He clearly is a confidence player but this looks like a poor man-management by Mou
It just makes you wonder why we did not sign mane considering how he has been used

gofelx

Supports
Hamburgers
It's not like Mkhi hasn't got history. Common sense will tell you that this isn't about the manager? Honestly I'm always surprised how we are quick to blame the manager rather than the player....
Then I'm wondering why Mourinho wanted a player like Mkhitaryan in the first place? Everybody knows that he can let himself down when he's not feeling comfortable, he needs to be supported and when that happens he's an amazing threat and a creative force on the field. Dropping him completely, criticizing him in interviews, not letting him play in meaningless Europa League games... There really is nothing that could be worse for a player as fragile as him.

Massive Spanner

The Football Grinch
The most obvious reason is that he isnt performing in training. How is this such a constant issue of moaning on here?

At least with Kagawa he had periods of form for us that made people believe and thus moan. So far we've not had anything from Mkhit
A reason that has been debunked by many Dortmund fans on here cause he was always apparently one of their hardest workers in training. Unless he came to Man Utd and decided we were not worthy of him bothering as much anymore?

Deleted member 101472

Could he have been affected by money? We trebled his salary and gave him a hefty signing on fee.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
A reason that has been debunked by many Dortmund fans on here cause he was always apparently one of their hardest workers in training. Unless he came to Man Utd and decided we were not worthy of him bothering as much anymore?
And you have the same stories at Donetsk where iirc, he used to live in the training center.

Born2Lose

I think this is genuinely pathetic and really shows the worst side of Mourinho, he signed him so he should at the very least give him a run of 4 or 5 games before dropping him.

It's not like anyone else (except possibly Mata). has been doing anything special on the wings this season.

C3Pique

The worst part is the message it sends to potential future signings. Come and sign for us, we'll leave you out of the squad after 2 hours of game time then sell you.

Sparky10Legend

Different man management styles suit different players - not rocket science is it.

That coupled with todays team sheet means If Jose walked out tonight i wouldnt give a feck.

Bobcat

Behind the curtains, leering at the neighbors
I think this is genuinely pathetic and really shows the worst side of Mourinho, he signed him so he should at the very least give him a run of 4 or 5 games before dropping him.

It's not like anyone else (except possibly Mata). has been doing anything special on the wings this season.
Well, honestly i initially thought Jose was out of line here, but he sees him in training every day, we haven't seen him at all.

Jose might be alot of things, but hes not as daft as to buy a player for 30 mil and then just bench him out of spite

Pyroblazer

That's a hot jacket, man
Gone in January or summer sadly. If he would get a chance or a run and just performs bad, I would have no problem with him beeing dropped. But Jose just doesn't care about him. Guess we won't see him again in the next 2 months, then he will have some 20 minutes in a game where he of course won't look that awesome, how should he with low confidence and barely any match practice, and that will be the nail in the coffin. Just a bit annoying to me, a manager should be able to deal with different kind of persons and players. No one expects a super special treatment for him, but in our current situation and with a potentital great player like him, Jose should try the best to get the most out of everyone and improving us as fast as possible and not care about his ego because not everyone is a perfect fit for his methods. It's not like he needs to go with him on a dinner every day, Tuchel gave him a fecking book and it did miracles.

Smores

Sorry what? Whether some Dortmund fans say he performed well in training for them is irrelevant. He's at a new club, under a new manager and new training methods.

Not everythings a feckin mystery to be analysed by fans ffs

Massive Spanner

The Football Grinch
Sorry what? Whether some Dortmund fans say he performed well in training for them is irrelevant. He's at a new club, under a new manager and new training methods.

Not everythings a feckin mystery to be analysed by fans ffs
You are literally making assumptions about him in training in order to disprove assumptions others are making.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Mkhitaryan is the new Salah, Cuadrado, De Bruyne and Lukaku.

Smores

You are literally making assumptions about him in training in order to disprove assumptions others are making.
No, Im drawing an obvious and simple conclusion that if a player isnt routinely selected he's not performing well in training.

There really isnt any other conclusion to draw that isnt just based on far flung theories.

Massive Spanner

The Football Grinch
No, Im drawing an obvious and simple conclusion that if a player isnt routinely selected he's not performing well in training.

There really isnt any other conclusion to draw that isnt just based on far flung theories.
Except it's not actually that obvious at all and won't be until we know more. Everything we say is speculation right now, including what you say.

You're ASSUMING it's due to him not being good enough in training.

JoaquinJoaquin

That's his United career gone.

Such a shame as I really feel he can bring alot to the team. The down part to Mourinho I guess.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Clearly not going to be here long term. People need to emotionally lose any attachment they have to him as he's a cert to go.

Question is why was he brought.. I still think there is something fishy about buying him in the first place.

shaggy

Prefers blue over red, loathed by Spurs fans
Clearly not going to be here long term. People need to emotionally lose any attachment they have to him as he's a cert to go.

Question is why was he brought.. I still think there is something fishy about buying him in the first place.
Yeah agreed. Certainly won't play another prem game for us and will just have the odd Europa / cup cameo here and there before being shipped out in the summer - or even January.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Yeah agreed. Certainly won't play another prem game for us and will just have the odd Europa / cup cameo here and there before being shipped out in the summer - or even January.
Funny thing is I never thought he'd be a good fit for our club but having actually seen him play.. he could be such a useful player if used correctly, or even as a 10. He'll be a huge hit at the next club he's at as long as manager has faith in him.

At a club like Arsenal, he'd be a beastly signing.

Dumbat12

He played very well in the Hull game, as well as his other cameos before the City game in which he played awful. I mean how can you prefer to play Lingard rather than the Bundesliga player of the season?

Rockets Redglare

Some people on here genuinely think he has a chance of playing against Arsenal.
Mourinho didn't want him and definitely doesn't want him now, he'll be lucky to see February.

Loon

:lol:
If all the business about Mourinho binning players because they don't have the mentality is true, this guy was a Mourinho buy, right? Does that mean Mourinho will be spaffing more money away deciding these players don't have the mentality only AFTER he buys them?

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Only Cuadrado is comparable. Di Maria is a better comparison as they were both supposed to be top players but seem to have a fragile mentality.
Mou also thought that De Bruyne wasn't ready yet

Status
Not open for further replies.