Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Maradona10

Woodward’s biggest fan
Eh yes he was. Just because he wasn't voted the best in the league doesn't mean he wasn't great there :lol:
1 great season, that also under tuchel. He was piss poor under klopp .
He had a decent start like he did this year with us in his first season but was very average overall. 2nd season klopp failed, dortmund failed and he was their main playmaker. TUchel came in third and he played on right attacking mid and was great. He still wasnt top 5 performer in the league. Not a bad player but not as good as many believe.

Another problem with him is he couldnt handle it here mentally. For a person who claimed to have strong mentality and work ethic he just could not do it here. martial and shaw were accused of having poor mentality but have turned it around, specially in case of martial who was said by his coaches to be only stopped by his mentality. Mkhi clearly failed here, in his first game at city he was subbed at half time, reports leaked he cried in the dressing room. I think he is a good player but mentally it wasnt for him to be here.

Moonred

Far too much discussion about Mkhitaryan. He has been crap this season, average last season. But there will be an amicable solution. People need to calm down. Not the first or the last player to have flopped.

cheeky_backheel

I think some of Mkhi's struggles is also due to the roles he has been used in. I see him as 30% striker+30% playmaker+40% WF

I have always felt he didnt have what it took to be the main attacking playmaker at the top level, and is best suited playing off one, similar to the role he had with great success under Tuchel, playing off kagawa in a 4-2-3-1.

Every time he has been made the main playmaker (under Klopp and Mou) has been more of struggles than success.

I expect he will do better at Arsenal playing off Ozil

Needham

Could go down as a Dion Dublinesque legend if he paves the way for Sanchez.

Tony999

DDG

Valencia. Smailling. Jones. Young

Matic.

Mkhitaryan Pogba. Sanchez​

Lukaku Martial

This team should face Burnley

Last edited:

Djemba-Djemba

DDG

Matic.

Lukaku Martial

Why on earth would we want to risk any potential transfer by playing Mkhitaryan?

Never mind the fact he's been terrible for months and doesn't deserve to be starting games.

Dante

Average bang
Feel bad for him with all the abuse/ridicule he's getting. I didn't want him here, and I'm glad he's leaving, but he's always come across as a nice guy.
You'd get a dozen butt-hurt threads about ABU media if a pundit ever said anything similar.

The latter Rooney years were similar on the 'Caf.

It's just a general lack of class from our 'fans' on the internet. And I don't say that as a die-hard supporter of Mkhitaryan (check page 1 of this very thread). I say it a supporter of this club... 'club' being the operative word from my perspective.

pauldyson1uk

DDG

Matic.

Lukaku Martial

well No, first of all Sanchez is not a United player and I doubt will be and if it does go though then Mkhitaryan will be part of the deal , for me place on the bench if about the most he should expect, he has been given his chances and not took them.
I am not going to throw a load of abuse at him , if he stays then so be it, all that means is that he will be gone in the summer.

Ban

All said and done I feel sorry for him. Sure he'll make money and lots of it still but on the other hand he came to United hoping he'll make a career and it didn't work out. Now he needs to go in the middle of the contract to a club he maybe doesn't want to go and his United career is over.
Also the abuse he's been getting in this forum last few days has been absolutely terrible and he doesn't deserve it.
Sure he didn't play good most of the time, especially this year but leave the guy be.

pauldyson1uk

All said and done I feel sorry for him. Sure he'll make money and lots of it still but on the other hand he came to United hoping he'll make a career and it didn't work out. Now he needs to go in the middle of the contract to a club he maybe doesn't want to go and his United career is over.
Also the abuse he's been getting in this forum last few days has been absolutely terrible and he doesn't deserve it.
Sure he didn't play good most of the time, especially this year but leave the guy be.
fully agree.

izec

Yep, he doesnt deserve an end like this, he only had 18 months and probably feels he can turn it around here. All came a bit out of the blue and it is not easy, if the rumours are true of him not being the toughest mentally to pick up at Arsenal. Even if he likes Arsenal, he wouldnt go there if he didnt have to if we are honest, not now in January after 18 months here. But the pressure is on him and he will move, thats the football world we live in. Success comes first for clubs and fans, no place for soft feelings. I just wished people would behave in a respectable way without throwing abuse or making some shit comments to then cover them up as jokes, which they arent. I also want Alexis, but no need to behave like some spoilt childs, wanting their new shiny toy sharpish, as if that helps anyone. It is not just United fans or posters on here, but a lot of nice comments and some really bad comments on Instagram as well.

Ban

Yep, he doesnt deserve an end like this, he only had 18 months and probably feels he can turn it around here. All came a bit out of the blue and it is not easy, if the rumours are true of him not being the toughest mentally to pick up at Arsenal. Even if he likes Arsenal, he wouldnt go there if he didnt have to if we are honest, not now in January after 18 months here. But the pressure is on him and he will move, thats the football world we live in. Success comes first for clubs and fans, no place for soft feelings. I just wished people would behave in a respectable way without throwing abuse or making some shit comments to then cover them up as jokes, which they arent. I also want Alexis, but no need to behave like some spoilt childs, wanting their new shiny toy sharpish, as if that helps anyone. It is not just United fans or posters on here, but a lot of nice comments and some really bad comments on Instagram as well.
Completely agree. All that abuse cause fans are restless and they want Alexis ASAP. Come on Mickhi take anything they offer you and go out, don't ever think about your career.

AndyJ1985

Christ. He's moving to London to play for Arsenal. Hardly slave labour. Some of you wet flannels are going on as if he's being forced to clean toilets. He'll move on and do just fine, and he'll be none the wiser as to what anyone on this online forum has said about him.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
Mkhitaryan does not give one flying feck about this forum. And he will be getting the best deal possible because of his agent. I always find it funny when fans feel concern for players feelings' when players live in a completely different world to normal people.

I hold a similar view to @Ban but with a twist. I find it sad that people are posting hate for Mkhitaryan on a forum; when all this hate will accomplish nothing. The deal will not go faster if you abuse him; you're just wasting your own time.

Ban

Christ. He's moving to London to play for Arsenal. Hardly slave labour. Some of you wet flannels are going on as if he's being forced to clean toilets. He'll move on and do just fine, and he'll be none the wiser as to what anyone on this online forum has said about him.
Yeah it was like that.. :rolleyes:

slored1

Thanks for the Europa League and a great performance against Spurs when it looked like we'll turn our season around. A shame that it hasn't worked for him, but that is the way football goes. Wish him good luck but not against us.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Wish him the best if and when he goes. I like the guy, but in all honesty, I don't think he's applied himself enough here, hence why it took ages to bring him in to the team properly and he never really sealed a place.

Ekeke

If its so great surely Sanchez will sign a new contract and we'll keep Miki

VanGaalEra

Goodbye our sweet Armenian Prince. Was so sure he was going to tear it up for us.

All the best, shame it’s at Arsenal :(

Antonedwin

i think he might suit arsenal better than us, since guy has small mentality , in arsenal there will be less pressure .. wenger is soft and barely put pressure to his player , they will be satisfied in getting top 4 every year , so yeah i won't be surprise if he is kickin in there but won't feel missed either since it's clear he can't handle the pressure in our club

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
He will be very good for arsenal. Their style will suit him great.
He had good periods for us. Was our best player in EL last year. Had good moments in league also and at the end we will get sanchez for him.
So for me he wasn't flop and wish him luck.

Kostov

I've been giving him some crap for some time now. But as the end grows near I feel a bit sad about Mkhi leaving. Wish him all the best nonetheless.

Kapardin

I've been giving him some crap for some time now. But as the end grows near I feel a bit sad about Mkhi leaving. Wish him all the best nonetheless.
He's not going to Turkey or Russia ffs. Arsenal are a big enough club and they could win 2 trophies this season. Not to mention that they will likely be more competitive when Wenger leaves.

Mkhi is getting a deal that is too damn good for him considering his performances. Think he would have ended up in a midtable club in Italy or France if Jose had kept him on till the summer. Its' a glorious second chance for him.

Kostov

He's not going to Turkey or Russia ffs. Arsenal are a big enough club and they could win 2 trophies this season. Not to mention that they will likely be more competitive when Wenger leaves.

Mkhi is getting a deal that is too damn good for him considering his performances. Think he would have ended up in a midtable club in Italy or France if Jose had kept him on till the summer. Its' a glorious second chance for him.
It was more about him not staying with us for longer, since I think he could have. Hope he gets a good deal, and plays shit against us.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
He'll be the perfect Arsenal player.

Will be excellent in very brief flashes - maybe even look top class against some naff opposition, but will go missing most of the time, and be found wanting when the going gets tough.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
Indeed.
99% of pro footballers would kill, to be given the opportunity to play for AFC, living in London, while earning huge sums of cash.

dove

He is just not good enough in the PL. He couldn't adapt to the pace and physicality of it, much like Kagawa. He was good in EL because he suits the 'European' play style. I don't really think he will magically become good at Arsenal because it will probably add even more pressure to perform than he has now as he will be replacing Sanchez. And we all know how he performs under pressure...

ghagua

Love watching Mkhitaryan play when he is on form. I think he will do really well at Arsenal. He will be playing for a manager and team who will suit his style of play.

Arka_BleedingRed

Love watching Mkhitaryan play when he is on form. I think he will do really well at Arsenal. He will be playing for a manager and team who will suit his style of play.
True. He actually suits Arsenal's style much more than ours. One of the best support players, though, he needs a proper playmaker and striker with him to bring out his best. Will do quite well with the likes of Ozil and Auba(if he comes). But, will always be known as a mentally weak player. After a blistering start this season, the way he fell apart, it's absolutely shambolic and is not permitted at a club like ours.

Donsangre

I think some of Mkhi's struggles is also due to the roles he has been used in. I see him as 30% striker+30% playmaker+40% WF

I have always felt he didnt have what it took to be the main attacking playmaker at the top level, and is best suited playing off one, similar to the role he had with great success under Tuchel, playing off kagawa in a 4-2-3-1.

Every time he has been made the main playmaker (under Klopp and Mou) has been more of struggles than success.

I expect he will do better at Arsenal playing off Ozil
Kagawa didnt play much second season. It was more of a game style thing. Royce and Gundogan were injured a lot and in their absence Mkhi was the attacking leader. The first two seasons were different. He picked up during the third season and was a true leader in a lot of games.
The build up play that Man Utd is playing doesn't suit his style much but its more of an opponent issue. Most teams playing Man Utd park a bus and one needs a creator.
I have accidentally watchedsome of Mkhis highlights from earlier this season or last season. He hasn't done any accelerations, fast linkups for a while now. I wonder if its a tactics issue or the player willing to leave the club issue due to the fallout with the coach. It isn't very hard to piss Jose off.

haram

Why are assists for friendlies counted on the caf player stats? Mkhi hasn’t had an assist in 18 games. That’s terrible.

Horrendous run of form but I wish we weren't letting him go to Arsenal, as good a deal as it is. Just feel bad for him as he seemed a genuinely nice guy and was capable of some brilliance, but didn't apply himself consistently. Don't want him to fail at Arsenal but obviously hope he isn't too good, especially against us.

Donsangre

Why are assists for friendlies counted on the caf player stats? Mkhi hasn’t had an assist in 18 games. That’s terrible.
Because he didnt play 11 of those? He didnt even finish playing a single game. Playing to full match is a critical part.

haram

Because he didnt play 11 of those? He didnt even finish playing a single game. Playing to full match is a critical part.
What? He has had 18 appearances since the Leicester game and hasn't got a single assist since. Only 7 of those games are 45 mins or under. Maybe he gets dragged off because he's playing like shite?

Donsangre

What? He has had 18 appearances since the Leicester game and hasn't got a single assist since. Only 7 of those games are 45 mins or under. Maybe he gets dragged off because he's playing like shite?
I highly doubt it. He hasn't played consistently since the chelsea game that was on the 5th of November. That was the 10th week. He started once after that and substituted a few times for 15-20 minutes. How in the feck he was supposed to assist? He only played bad 5 games in the absence of Pogba and you created this whole theory. It is easy to criticize a player if he doesnt play and doesnt get a chance to rectify the situation. Everyone can have a streak of bad games. Yet Mkhi got banished after 3-4 below average performances.

Status
Not open for further replies.