g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });
Henrikh Mkhitaryan image 22

Henrikh Mkhitaryan Armenia flag

2017-18 Performances

View full 2017-18 profile

5.3 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

BarstoolProphet

Why? If I was underperforming at my job, I would be given the boot too. Lots of players have had far less opportunities to prove themselves. This is not a youngster, he’s 29 and in the prime of his career, but proved time and time again he’s not good enough.
Not without a compensation. And you would be free to decide where to work next (if given the opportunity).

Tincanalley

Turns player names into a crappy conversation
I feel sorry for him, he pushed for this move and now he has 600m fans demanding he moves to lowly Arsenal
Yea I was willing him on to do well, stylish player, might have been a personality thing with Mou, or vibes within the squad, anyway he never quite clicked

JohnnyKills

Arsenal is good option for Mkhitaryan, he has no future at ManUtd and Jose more or less confirmed it by dropping him for so many games. He should move to get his career back on track and I don't think there is any club better than Arsenal will make a move for him.
Yeah I would be surprised if he plays for United again. Mourinho seems the spiteful sort, so there's a good chance he'll leave him out in the cold and make him train with the reserves if he refuses to leave.

And yeah Arsenal is about his level.

littlepeasoup

Yea I was willing him on to do well, stylish player, might have been a personality thing with Mou, or vibes within the squad, anyway he never quite clicked
I'm glad it looks like he'll be staying in England. Would really like him to do well in this league. There's a decent player in there somewhere, but sometimes it takes a move, or a fresh start to make it show.

Jojo <3 Mou

I really don't want him to go. Despite his recent performances, I still believe that he can help the team. However, if he is not able to tactically fit into a Mourinho team then it might be best for him to leave. Mourinho is the coach for a least the next 2 years and he is 29 years old so I don't think he has a very/explosive rise ala de Bruyne would cause regret over selling him.

I am also a bit uncertain about Alexis, who is 29 and very petulant when things aren't going well. Will he fit and is he still at his best? How will he impact team morale? I prefer Ozil.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Yeah I would be surprised if he plays for United again. Mourinho seems the spiteful sort, so there's a good chance he'll leave him out in the cold and make him train with the reserves if he refuses to leave.
I don't think so. Mou has used him a fair amount recently and only left him out last night to ensure an injury wouldn't reduce options on the Sanchez deal. I don't get the sense that the Sanchez deal hinges on Mkhi. If Mkhi goes, far less money goes Arsenal's way; or he stays and we pay a greater fee. Sanchez is leaving Arsenal and Arsenal are intent on getting him sold. It would be a calamity on their end to ensure a deal is done.

I still want Mkhi to stay, at least until the summer. We should be aiming to play twice a week until the end of the season and we will need the players. Sanchez's impact on the team could be a catalyst for Mkhi's improvement as much as anyone's. I'm not convinced that Lingard can sustain the required output and Mata is still not consistently delivering either. There's still a spot there in a 4-2-3-1.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
I wouldnt be surprised if this was a signing that was influenced by Riola and now that it has not done well parties involved are pissed off. It looks like he's being pressured to leave, because there was pressure to sign him in the first place.

Number1

Comments towards him in the Sanchez thread are shocking.

Fans regularly ask for loyalty from players, but there’s never any loyalty the other way around, same with his employers in general, the club is not treating him right. That guy left Dortmund as their POTY into a different country thinking he was making a step up and after less than 2 years United are treating him like Topps trading card.

One of the reasons I’m a big believer in players should always look after no1, because soon as you lose it or surplus to requirements fans/clubs will want you traded in for the newer model – See Ronaldo and all he’s done for Madrid.

Reactions: crappycraperson

AndyJ1985

Had a look at the Arsenal forum and they aren't best pleased. They have nicknamed him fatty

soapythecat

Assuming he signs for AFC, Miki is the first departure since Ronaldo who I am pretty sure will thrive and be that ‘why did United let him go’ man.
Perfect team for him and he will get plenty of opportunity at AFC.
Obviously, I hope he signs for them as I think AS is great for us, and I wish him well as he seems a nice guy.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
One of the reasons I’m a big believer in players should always look after no1, because soon as you lose it or surplus to requirements fans/clubs will want you traded in for the newer model – See Ronaldo and all he’s done for Madrid.
Spot on.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
We shouldn't be selling him in January
We need the depth. I also feel very sorry for him. Playing for us was obviously a huge honour for him.
Most of all, I think he's a verybgoid player and I'm worried we'll see that at Arsenal.

Last edited:

K2K

"Can Manchester United score? They always score"

Fans regularly ask for loyalty from players, but there’s never any loyalty the other way around, same with his employers in general, the club is not treating him right. That guy left Dortmund as their POTY into a different country thinking he was making a step up and after less than 2 years United are treating him like Topps trading card.

I agree.

gza the genius

Can't blame him obviously if he doesn't want to go to Arsenal in particular but I don't really see what he thinks he gains by staying here. He seems like one of the most obvious confidence players I've ever seen so if he does stay I can't imagine Mou trying to force him out will improve his performances at all.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline

The concept of "loyalty" in the professional world is complete stupidity. The players own nothing to the fans more what they signed contracts for. Football is a business, players come and go. Some fans are stuck with old concepts.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
It's the best move for all parties. Mkhitaryan is a lot more suited to Arsenals style then United's, Sanchez is leaving arsenal anyway and is perfect for us, arsenal get a good player out of the deal as part of the deal and stop them from spending potentially an additional 40m on a player considering they'll still probably go for Malcom and aubameyang.

Anyway, thanks for the Europa league moments and the screamers he scored last season. But best for all if he leaves. Never going to change much for him here, so if he wants to revive his career, best option is to go.

Jacko21

Tried making this point over in the Sanchez thread - but think it fell on deaf ears. I'm not crazy about how we've handled Mkhi or indeed several other players since SAF's retirement.

p2pZeus

Regardless of the outcome of Sanchez deal, I hope our fans don't target Micki.
Some of the comments in the other transfer thread is really bad, we are better than this. No United player should be booed as long as they were the red jersey

Reactions: Akshay

Nick7

Tried making this point over in the Sanchez thread - but think it fell on deaf ears. I'm not crazy about how we've handled Mkhi or indeed several other players since SAF's retirement.
I don't know what the club has done wrong? Fan's statements? sure, they're disgusting. But what has the club done wrong? Miki simply hasn't turned up at United. The manager has been, for all intents and purposes, quite nice in the media. Hasn't said a thing wrong about him. Mourinho's just lost faith in him to do a job, so we're selling him.

I'm really at a loss to how the club have handled this badly, at all.

Jacko21

The concept of "loyalty" in the professional world is complete stupidity. The players own nothing to the fans more what they signed contracts for. Football is a business, players come and go. Some fans are stuck with old concepts.
It's not so much old concepts, but rather an appreciation of how someone like Ferguson ran the club - there was an integrity/morality to us that Ferguson pointed to as one of the reasons for our success. It feels like we've lost some of that since his retirement - we're quick to jump into bed with agents, we treat our own players will less regard and generally let situations get a tad messy (Van Gaal, Schweinsteiger, Valdes etc).

Of course, there is such a thing as too much loyalty, as Wenger has found to his cost. But Ferguson struck the right balance.

I'd like to think we'd at least listen to what Mkhi has to say regarding his future, rather than packing his bags for him. That's all.

Apologies if this is a bit of a digression.

gza the genius

I think fans being angry at him for not just automatically accepting to go wherever we want him to go is a little crazy but I don't think you can really blame the club for trying either. He clearly isn't working out here so why wouldn't we try to get rid?

Jacko21

I don't know what the club has done wrong? Fan's statements? sure, they're disgusting. But what has the club done wrong? Miki simply hasn't turned up at United. The manager has been, for all intents and purposes, quite nice in the media. Hasn't said a thing wrong about him. Mourinho's just lost faith in him to do a job, so we're selling him.

If Mkhi wants to go to Arsenal then there isn't a problem. If we're offering him up and forcing him out, it's a little jarring. FWIW, I don't think United want to sell Mkhi to Arsenal, but rather Arsenal won't consider Sanchez without Mkhi.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying United are acting terribly - it just feels as if, as a club, we've moved away from how we once did business. But that can be attributed to the times.

kouroux

It's not so much old concepts, but rather an appreciation of how someone like Ferguson ran the club - there was an integrity/morality to us that Ferguson pointed to as one of the reasons for our success. It feels like we've lost some of that since his retirement - we're quick to jump into bed with agents, we treat our own players will less regard and generally let situations get a tad messy (Van Gaal, Schweinsteiger, Valdes etc).

Of course, there is such a thing as too much loyalty, as Wenger has found to his cost. But Ferguson struck the right balance.

I'd like to think we'd at least listen to what Mkhi has to say regarding his future, rather than packing his bags for him. That's all.

Apologies if this is a bit of a digression.
SAF 's model restricted us though in terms of access to great players. He retired at the perfect moment because with this inflated market, where agents earn close to what players are worth during transfers, he'd have gone mad.

Nick7

If Mkhi wants to go to Arsenal then there isn't a problem. If we're offering him up and forcing him out, it's a little jarring. FWIW, I don't think United want to sell Mkhi to Arsenal, but rather Arsenal won't consider Sanchez without Mkhi.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying United are acting terribly - it just feels as if, as a club, we've moved away from how we once did business. But that can be attributed to the times.
I don't think we're forcing him. I think Arsenal want him and we're ambivalent to it. Notice, there were rumours Arsenal asked for Martial. There were follow up rumours saying that the club and the player said no to Arsenal. We never got that with Miki, he seems kind of receptive to the move, if not over the moon about it.

It does come down to him though, If he says yes, he'll move. If he says no, he'll stay here, at least for the moment.

Lets also not forget Fergie has had his clashes with players in the past, including freezing them out.

Revaulx

I wouldnt be surprised if this was a signing that was influenced by Riola and now that it has not done well parties involved are pissed off. It looks like he's being pressured to leave, because there was pressure to sign him in the first place.
I wouldn't either.

It looks to me like the complete lack of footballing nous in the upper echelons of the club outside of the manager has allowed agents to have far too much influence over the club's transfer "policy".

Nick7

I wouldn't either.

It looks to me like the complete lack of footballing nous in the upper echelons of the club outside of the manager has allowed agents to have far too much influence over the club's transfer "policy".
I mean he was a great player at Dortmund. Weird conspiracy, there.

shield

Agree. Had this been the NBA he would have been traded in a heartbeat.

I really like Mkhi, and I would still love to see him make it here, but I think he should give this move some serious thought. Mourinho wants his players to thrive under pressure situations, and sometimes even ends up creating one if there isn't any. He likes rivalries and can sometimes be absolutely brutal on his players. It is just how Mourinho is. Wenger on the other hand likes to trust his players and is not overly concerned about winning at all costs. He is fine with having his team play attractive football even if it means not winning any silverware. This could be good for Mkhi. He might get paid a little less, but he will be a much happier person.

I mean, if he falls out of favour with Mourinho, then he will surely be benched till he decides to leave. Moving to Arsenal looks like a sensible decision.

Jacko21

SAF 's model restricted us though in terms of access to great players. He retired at the perfect moment because with this inflated market, where agents earn close to what players are worth during transfers, he'd have gone mad.
True and the Glazer's austerity will have made it easer for SAF to do so.

And whilst I have some concerns about the way United now conduct themselves under Woodward, so long as the board and the owners are comfortable, then there can't really be a problem. So I should just stop worrying and leave it to the money-men. :)

It's just that the traditionalist in me and the sentiment I have towards United, means that football today, doesn't always sit comfortably with me.

kouroux

True and the Glazer's austerity will have made it easer for SAF to do so.

And whilst I have some concerns about the way United now conduct themselves under Woodward, so long as the board and the owners are comfortable, then there can't really be a problem. So I should just stop worrying and leave it to the money-men. :)

It's just that the traditionalist in me and the sentiment I have towards United, means that football today, doesn't always sit comfortably with me.
I used to be like that tbh and at some point I realized that life is complicated enough so I'd simplify the viewing football part of it as much as possible. The club is rich and keeps getting richer, the rest doesn't concern me basically

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
I feel really bad for him.
It's a shame, but he got a lot of chances and just couldn't deliver on a consistent basis. It's partly our fault for getting him in the first place because he obviously has never been mentally strong, and having someone like this in the pressure cooker of United is asking for trouble. Everything you do here is magnified 100%, and he's way too sensitive for this kind of environment. He's the type that needs lots of attention and constant reassurance. Unfortunately, we're not in a good place to be able to provide that. However, we should have known to look not just at the talent, but also the mentality of the player before buying them.

He's also 29?, so you can't even argue that he's a young talent that needs time. At his age you expect the finished product. So I understand both his and the club's point of view.

Funnily, I actually think he'd do well under Wenger both from a professional and personal point of view as Arsene seems more patient etc.

Sparky Rhiwabon

https://www.joe.co.uk/sport/man-uni...e-they-think-hes-blocking-sanchez-deal-157673
Will our fans please stop abusing Mkh? I know, its a few minority, but Mkh has the right to decide his own future, if he wants to stay or leave for Dortmund/Arsenal and I would be perfectly okay if we still had him instead of Sanchez?
Those comments are a disgrace

I think Arsenal would be a good move for him potentially though - he'd be more suited to their style of football, he should be a regular starter and there is less pressure there than at United

El Zoido

I wouldn’t be sad to see him go, but I do feel a bit sorry for him in this situation. He’s a talented footballer but I don’t think he’s got the x-factor we need. Jose likes warriors and Mhiki ain’t that, and in fact he seems perfect for Arsenal. The proposed deal seems like it would be the best solution all around but I wouldn’t blame him for turning Arsenal down. Professional ambition aside, he’d probably be taking a pay cut too.

Revaulx

If this results in the club not hanging onto players even though they've been terrible for years, then Hallelujah!

RonW

Those comments are a disgrace

I think Arsenal would be a good move for him potentially though - he'd be more suited to their style of football, he should be a regular starter and there is less pressure there than at United
Yes, I agree he will be more suited for Arsenal, because of the football they play. I agree completely, but I just think he has the right to decide his own future. C'mon, we are Man United. We are not like Real who forces their players once they stop performing neither are we Chelsea/Man City. SAF would have never forced Mkh out, and although I think he would be better suited for Arsenal but he should get the chance to decide his own future, and seeing some classless United fans insulting one of ours on twitter is just insulting for a club of our calibre. Today it is Mkh, tomorrow they are gonna go after Mata or Sanchez, once they stop performing too.

Mr Anderson

Eats, shoots, leaves
Unfortunate position for him to be in. He has the makings of a very good player, just not come to fruition this season. Glimpses are all we see, which are now few and far between compared to last season and the start of this season. He's lost confidence in himself, and maybe Mou. You have to be of a strong character to produce form from nowhere. He doesn't appear comfortable anyway when given the chance.

If he stays, I hope he digs down and really pushes on like Shaw has done from the brink. If he goes, wish him all the best. But if Sanchez deal doesn't work out, it's not Mihki's fault - he has to want to go to Arse, not just go because it's the only option.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Raiola is just doing what any agent would and should do for their client - not make it seem like they're being just thrown away as part of a deal for another player. Make them seem valuable as well and an important player. Really hard to build that reputation back up if he doesn't. Right now it's all talk from him though I'd guess. Going to every paper and saying it's not close more just a public stunt, he did the same shit with Ibrahimovic and Pogba even when everyone knew it was done.

Status
Not open for further replies.