5.3 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

ti vu

Not a great fan of mikhi from the start but i don't understand you guys, really. He is not top class and we can get better players in future( ozil) but with him on no10 something is happening. He dribbles, creates, shoots. Always trying to go direct. Do you see lingard on that position? He barelly touches the ball. Just running around. No10 must play football. Mikhi is trying that.
When i see his post match ratings i am bemused. Apparentley it is better play simple rather to try something.
Did you watch the game? Lingard may usually be a easy target to blame in other games, but clearly when he got on, we started to play like proper 11 men. Don't expect much from Lingard average quality yet he matched Mkhi's supposed output this game. Lingard clearly got into game better and help the team, while Mkhi ghosted most of the time, just to pop up in small portion of his playing minute.
Ozil's better than him but I think it'd be a short sighted signing. He has a lot of the same deficiencies as Mkhi and Mata.
The thing is Mkhi despite of his deficiency is being needed in hope of him being able to pull out his strength. We're not looking for the best no10 who has little to none weaknesses. We just need someone who can at least fulfill the duty of his role (supporting the forwards, not killing our attack himself)

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Shocking stuff. There's absolutely no reason for Martial or Rashford to have to watch on as this fellow starts for us. I simply don't understand how he can make such poor use of his talent. Something is missing mentally surely.

Yagami

Good post resistant
The thing is Mkhi despite of his deficiency is being needed in hope of him being able to pull out his strength. We're not looking for the best no10 who has little to none weaknesses. We just need someone who can at least fulfill the duty of his role (supporting the forwards, not killing our attack himself)
Yeah, that's fair enough. Ozil on his day is up there as one of the best #10s but his off days are just as bad as Mkhi's and I'm just not a fan of his general attitude when the going gets tough. Still, if José really is keen on him having worked with him before then fair do's. I'd prefer a younger talent who's already good but has big potential like a Fekir but can see the other sides points in regards to signing him, too.

Giggs86

Needs to sit on the bench for a while, at least until his mojo comes back.

Ace of Spades

Shocking stuff. There's absolutely no reason for Martial or Rashford to have to watch on as this fellow starts for us. I simply don't understand how he can make such poor use of his talent. Something is missing mentally surely.
Forget them, even McTominay must be thinking that he can do much better.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Has it ever really 'come back' for us?

I seem to remember maybe 4 or 5 games when he was on it.

Otherwise, he has been a liability or invisible.

Kostov

Makes you wonder how good we would be with a quality number 10 instead of this guy. He was always hot and cold, but it's getting ridiculous now.

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
Makes you wonder how good we would be with a quality number 10 instead of this guy. He was always hot and cold, but it's getting ridiculous now.
Put KDB, Silva or Eriksen in his place and we'd probably be favourites for the league.

The playmaker \ #10 is hugely important in both our 4-2-3-1 and the 3-5-2 and 3-4-1-2 we saw today.

ti vu

Yeah, that's fair enough. Ozil on his day is up there as one of the best #10s but his off days are just as bad as Mkhi's and I'm just not a fan of his general attitude when the going gets tough. Still, if José really is keen on him having worked with him before then fair do's. I'd prefer a younger talent who's already good but has big potential like a Fekir but can see the other sides points in regards to signing him, too.
That part about Ozil on his bad day is as bad (supporting forwards) as Mkhi as I said in Ozil transfer thread is not true. Ozil has ame deficiency as Mata and Mkhi when it comes to impose when his team midfield being pushed back, but when the ball comes to him, he can still make good decision and be useful. Mata doesn't have the pace to do that in counter attack play. Ozil is not as fast as Mkhi but is still quick enough.

Let's forget about Ozil's Madrid stint, just watch his supposed not pulling his weight in tough games, he's still better than Mkhi when he gets his chance doing his job (no 10). Ozil hardly fails to support the forward. The problem with Arsenal Ozil is that they expect him to carry them while in reality he is more about providing cutting edge. They expect him to be the backbone and lift the team which he is not that type.

Edit: If we're spending big fee for Ozil, then you can argue it's bad business but here we're looking at cheaper to freebies stuff, it's worth considering.

Last edited:

Kostov

Put KDB, Silva or Eriksen in his place and we'd probably be favourites for the league.

The playmaker \ #10 is hugely important in both our 4-2-3-1 and the 3-5-2 and 3-4-1-2 we saw today.
Yes I agree, number 10 is a hugely important role, we need a more consistent and better player. Mkhitaryan is miles behind those 3.

Yagami

Good post resistant
That part about Ozil on his bad day is as bad (supporting forwards) as Mkhi as I said in Ozil transfer thread is not true. Ozil has ame deficiency as Mata and Mkhi when it comes to impose when his team midfield being pushed back, but when the ball comes to him, he can still make good decision and be useful. Mata doesn't have the pace to do that in counter attack play. Ozil is not as fast as Mkhi but is still quick enough.
That's true in that Ozil, even when playing badly, can still make good decisions with the ball unlike Mkhi, but on the flip side Mkhi still gives his all when playing poorly whereas it seems Ozil just gives up trying and points fingers. He'd probably still be more useful than Mkhi as he could at least pop-up with a moment of magic, but he's just as bad for me. I'd get so frustrated seeing him do that in a United shirt.

Let's forget about Ozil's Madrid stint, just watch his supposed not pulling his weight in tough games, he's still better than Mkhi when he gets his chance doing his job (no 10). Ozil hardly fails to support the forward. The problem with Arsenal Ozil is that they expect him to carry them while in reality he is more about providing cutting edge. They expect him to be the backbone and lift the team which he is not that type.
Aye, I remember him putting some good shifts in against Barca and the like when at Madrid which is why I'm not 100% against this transfer. You'd hope Mourinho wouldn't stand for some of the lazy performances he's put in for Arsenal these past few years but, as you said, José would probably use him in a way that's more suited to his strengths than Wenger has done.

Pogbasky

when has he ever had any mojo during his United career? He played like 3 good games in December of last and is living off what he did in those 3 games. Useless. Sad. Sell (Trump voice)

Giggs86

when has he ever had any mojo during his United career? He played like 3 good games in December of last and is living off what he did in those 3 games. Useless. Sad. Sell (Trump voice)
Bit harsh. He's been excellent at the beginning of the season. Didn't he have like 5+ assists in as many games?

Pogbasky

Bit harsh. He's been excellent at the beginning of the season. Didn't he have like 5+ assists in as many games?
That's the problem with the stats obsessed age we are in. He was dirt poor even in those games in which he had assists. Truth is, Pogba and Matic were doing all the hard work, and he was always in a good place to make the final pass. Other than that he was still very erratic in posession and disappeared completely for vasts swats of games. He's been really poor this season.

Kag

He really is in shocking form at the moment. It's strange, because he was never as useless at any point last season. Infact, his goalscoring record was fairly good last season. But at present he doesn't even get involved. We're generally shite going forward which doesn't help, but his own form is particularly bad.

ti vu

That's true in that Ozil, even when playing badly, can still make good decisions with the ball unlike Mkhi, but on the flip side Mkhi still gives his all when playing poorly whereas it seems Ozil just gives up trying and points fingers. He'd probably still be more useful than Mkhi as he could at least pop-up with a moment of magic, but he's just as bad for me. I'd get so frustrated seeing him do that in a United shirt.

Aye, I remember him putting some good shifts in against Barca and the like when at Madrid which is why I'm not 100% against this transfer. You'd hope Mourinho wouldn't stand for some of the lazy performances he's put in for Arsenal these past few years but, as you said, José would probably use him in a way that's more suited to his strengths than Wenger has done.
The Mkhi giving his all is more against him than helping. I meant if these past games were supposed to Mkhi giving his all then Lingard has been outperforming him just by mere effort. The contrast of Lingard being subbed on vs L'pool and this Tottenham game and Mkhi's effort is astonishing. As I put it in my previous post in response to other poster trying downplay Lingard today, Mkhi ghosted most of his minutes on the pitch and we played almost like a man down, while Lingard introduction actually gave us a balance in midfield battle and that connection between the forwards with the rest of the team

As I put it, no 10 role in counter attack play is to be present to help the forward. Failed to do just that despite not providing the workrate of Lingard's short quality, then that no 10 is worthless.

I meant in my previous post that I wouldn't expect Madrid Ozil all the time, but even his worst is not that useless aka not crap bottom level as it is exegerated by unrealistic expectation.

I agree that Ozil would be short term planning, but realistically it is needed to gain every possible edge. We're to fix the long term failure in immediate finding competent coach to succeed SAF. While we might have undone the damage, we are still building up to get back to that level. You need short term flexibilities for this type of situation.

Dante

Average bang
He's a very clever player who can spot a run and make a pass into space. But his accuracy isn't good enough to do it consistently when defences are organised. That Eriksen pass to Alli is exactly the kind of thing I wish Mkhitaryan could do.

He'd be one of the best players in the league if teams played 20 yards further up the pitch. But they don't. And he isn't.

You can see why he flourished in a system like Dortmund's. He's a good player to have in certain situations, but I wouldn't have him in the first XI for the majority of the teams we play against.

antsmithmk

Hates women.
He was a favourite of mine but he has been poor of late. Not sure if Pogba not playing is having an impact but he is just not having an influence in games.

Eddy_JukeZ

If we had Eriksen instead of him, we'd probably challenge City for the league.

He's a complete nothing player.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
That's the problem with the stats obsessed age we are in. He was dirt poor even in those games in which he had assists. Truth is, Pogba and Matic were doing all the hard work, and he was always in a good place to make the final pass. Other than that he was still very erratic in posession and disappeared completely for vasts swats of games. He's been really poor this season.
Yeah, the odd goal here and odd assist there definately masked some very poor performances at the beginning of the season.

Mr Smith

Yeah, the odd goal here and odd assist there definately masked some very poor performances at the beginning of the season.
100%, and Mkhi's poor form has been brought into sharp relief ever since Pogba's injury, and we've been more reliant on the former as the creative focal point. I'm actually so disappointed, I expected this to be his year. Instead it's looking more and more like replacing him is the #1 priority in the next window.

Icemav

I thought all of our players had good games apart from him. Was useless again. We need players to stand up in Pogba's absence and he hasn't at all.

Icemav

I had hopes that he would find his stride this season. After a productive start he has reverted again to being dreadful and looks unsuited to the league. Not worth mentioning him in the same breath as the 3 players you listed.

Darkhorsez

I had hopes that he would find his stride this season. After a productive start he has reverted again to being dreadful and looks unsuited to the league. Not worth mentioning him in the same breath as the 3 players you listed.
That’s what I thought too. I had so much hope and excitement with him. Just hasn’t materialized. It seems he is getting the nod for his pace and occasional assist. Mata would be our best option in his current spot but he simply lacks pace which has been our plight at least until Pogba’s arrival. I don’t know. Can he play in the wings?

Ashley R1+O

He's in a nasty funk, that is for sure. This is a tough league and if you want to keep the ball and dictate play you better be quick and strong, maybe that is not helping him mentally. Not sure where he can go from here to be honest. Which is a shame because I think he's a talented player.

ManuMou

The only positive here is that he has no chance of starting against Chelsea. Malta/Lingard will replace him.

The other positive thing is that Jose will want Griezmann even more now than before. He is coming !

Last edited:

rollingstoned1

In fairness I think it is worth considering why no player in that SS/AM role over the last 6 years has looked anything like we thought they should have considering previous form. Is it the way we move the ball that they find it difficult to get involved or is it just that they aren't good enough? Kagawa, Mata, Mkhitaryan and Rooney have all sucked to varying degrees when being asked to create in the hole.

Maradona10

Woodward’s biggest fan
Had a good 10 mins, otherwise completely ineffective. I think we need to improve upon him.

izec

Oh Mkhi, pull your finger out of your arse. Unacceptable performances, needs to be dropped. He replaced Rooney with shit performances

ThanhlongTDK

Supports
Dortmund
Still remember he had some decent games for us last season after christmas. And then his form dropped a bit. Until the Leicester game which we won 3-0, he played quite well at a #10 and then people keep moaning about putting him in the 10 spot. That there is when he officially became shit. The way he played resemble a wide playmaker, a RM.

Devil81

Too soft to play Premiership football, I would keep him in our squad but look at getting someone in during the next window or summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.