5.3 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rajma

In this instance Jose is absolutely right to cut our losses with Mikhitarian, guy has no balls. More importantly, he's been disaster on the pitch for the majority of his tenure here, couldn't stand watching him go through the motions as the game was going past him.

I think Lingard is average and has no business being here, however, I was praying for Jose to play him instead of our Armenian pussy, that tells you the whole story.

Tom Van Persie

No relation
He's a talented player but unfortunately he seems to be quite weak mentally and has too many bad games to be a regular starter at this level. I would be happy to see him moved on next month for a better player like Ozil.

Hellboy

I am from Armenia and I think it will be better for both club and him, if he will leave.

He will never fit in Jose's tactics, he is another type of player. Besides tactics, he also needs to feel manager's confidence - he started to play his best football when Tuchel started to play him 90 minutes every match (same situation was during his second year in Dortmund, when Klopp was subbing him in the middle of second half). Jose's player treatment is pathetic, he could be a good sub at least with his current bad form.
Stop with this BS about confidence. All the players need the confidence of their coach to perform. He's just not good enough and too weak mentally to play for a club where you have to win every week-end.

One of the worst signings we made recently, up there with Depay and Schneiderlin.

K2K

"Can Manchester United score? They always score"
I am from Armenia and I think it will be better for both club and him, if he will leave.

He will never fit in Jose's tactics, he is another type of player. Besides tactics, he also needs to feel manager's confidence - he started to play his best football when Tuchel started to play him 90 minutes every match (same situation was during his second year in Dortmund, when Klopp was subbing him in the middle of second half). Jose's player treatment is pathetic, he could be a good sub at least with his current bad form.
He came on as a sub and looked completely disinterested. That did him no favours.

It's definitely best for everyone that he does leave.

Irish Jet

Supports
Anyone but Rashford

The only pathetic thing is his mentality if he needs his manager's confidence to trap a football.

el3mel

So we're supposed to give 90 minutes every match and ignore his form, hurt the team results and frustrate the fans so that he can gain confidence ? please ..

Silverman

I couldn't believe how disinterested he looked against Chelsea. Not even breaking a sweat. He has to pull his socks up and start working or leave the club.

Pyroblazer

That's a hot jacket, man
He's a talented player but unfortunately he seems to be quite weak mentally and has too many bad games to be a regular starter at this level. I would be happy to see him moved on next month for a better player like Ozil.
Another mentally weak player like Ozil, yeah^^

To be fair the writing was on the wall with Miki and a lot of people mentioned his weird character and that he struggled at Dortmund too. He had a brilliant relationship with Tuchel and is clearly a talented player, but his start with Jose was already a first sign that he won't make it here. That's why I am not a fan of signing Ozil either and doubt it will work for us. Even at Real he was that kind of player and went hiding when things got tough, they just were too good and had way more easy games than us or Arsenal to make him shine and push his stats.

Tom Van Persie

No relation
Another mentally weak player like Ozil, yeah^^

To be fair the writing was on the wall with Miki and a lot of people mentioned his weird character and that he struggled at Dortmund too. He had a brilliant relationship with Tuchel and is clearly a talented player, but his start with Jose was already a first sign that he won't make it here. That's why I am not a fan of signing Ozil either and doubt it will work for us. Even at Real he was that kind of player and went hiding when things got tough, they just were too good and had way more easy games than us or Arsenal to make him shine and push his stats.
Ozil is far better than Mkhi and he's a player Mourinho can get the best out of and they know each other well from their Madrid days. It's a no brainer for me, we can get him for a fairly low price next month or sign him for free in the summer.

Donsangre

We actually did that for a while... Didn't help.
Not true. He was subbed most of the time. Thats ok though. I do think he wasnt putting 100% anymore and thats why Jose took him out and casted away. He will either agree with Jose or leave. Simple as that.

Cee90

Redcafe Fantasy Football Champion 2012/13
We're a bit crap at this transfer malarkey since Fergie left aren't we?

Sure, the great man signed a few duds in his time too, but it just feels that we're getting a lot wrong in that department recently.

Or is it the managers / coaches that are to be blamed? I'm not sure, but we're pretty disjointed, even though we've technically had a good season so far.

I wouldn't be sad to see Mkhitaryan leave anyway, I just hope we can replace him with some actual quality.

Donsangre

That's not necessarily true. There's no reason whoever was in the team instead of him wouldn't have scored instead, or another player. Football isn't as linear as saying take out player X and we lose his goals.

It's more likely if we had a better player in the team instead of Mkhitaryan we'd actually have scored more goals.
Woulda, coulda, shoulda. It is what it is. You cant take away what he has done. He was part of the success. He is a smart guy and has got Rayola. They will figure smth out.

meninred

Seeing some of his performance i cannot say that he is worse than some other players we have like mata..lingaard ..blind..etc. I read that it is more of personal relationship problem with Mouriniho.
when mourinio had a talk with him about his performance..he started arguing and showing attitude so he was not even selected for the bench after that.

MadMike

Seeing some of his performance i cannot say that he is worse than some other players we have like mata..lingaard ..blind..etc. I read that it is more of personal relationship problem with Mouriniho.
when mourinio had a talk with him about his performance..he started arguing and showing attitude so he was not even selected for the bench after that.
He's been a lot worse then all of those with the exception of the first 3-4 games. It's not even up for debate. In his last few matches he couldn't even retain possession of the ball and complete simple passes. Probably one of the worst run of performances from a player in a United shirt. The others at their worst offer way more than Mkhi did.

Donsangre

I think this is likely to be partly manufactured by Mourinho.

I think he’s got his eye on Ozil or Griezmann and he needs both the squad space and to justify the purchase to the board. Mkhi is a Mourinho signing so I don’t think the board would be quite as satisfied with an answer of “That’s a weakness in the squad I inherited” for this one.

If he can get him to move though then he might be able to justify it.
On one hand, you might be onto something, but on the other hand Mourinho wouldnt want to risk losing the game in order to sack a player.
One argument in the favor of this theory is the total exclusion from the game plan against Chelsea. He was on the field but his teammates were avoiding to pass him at any chance. The tactics were very simple: long balls ahead. I was honestly surprised to see Mkhi in that game. I am assuming that was a reason to justify Mkhis exclusion from the squad. He needed a reason and he got it. Now he can find someone that fits his ideas better. Nothing wrong with that. Jose was wrong about the guy. Not that he is a shit player. He just didnt do what Jose wanted him to do. It is pretty simple. Hazard, Fabregas and whoever was against Jose at Chelsea got him kicked out for a reason. They were sick of his BS. They teamed up though and won the league the next year. Mkhi is by himself and cant/shouldnt go against Jose. WOnt work. I think MKhi is almost 99% out eithet in January or in the Summer.

Im still not sure what the deal is with Fellaini. The guy cant be injured for this long. He probably wants a better contract.

Djemba-Djemba

He was a complete disgrace against Chelsea. Sauntering around the pitch, he didn't give a feck. You can forgive a player in a bad run of form but when they add being lazy to it then it's unacceptable.

I didn't see the Brighton game but from the sounds of it he put in a similar disinterested performance when he came on.

A lack of effort has nothing do with low confidence. Lukaku is clearly very low on confidence right now but he's dead on his feet by the end of the game because he's clearly giving everything. Mkhitaryan wasn't.

Donsangre

The whole point of outdated tactic & such is laughable. It is worth a thread to discuss on its own, but I'll leave it short here: Chelsea just ruthless grinding results and won the title. Chelsea ain't exactly expansive. What they have is quality player naming Hazard to carry the team as focal point when we have Mkhi who was hyped up to close to the same level when he was first signed.[/QUOTE]
Remember Chelsea under Mourinhos last season. Same players were 17th in the league. Then new coach comes and they win the league. Hazard was shit that season. DOnt compare Hazard with Mkhi. Hazard has proven to be one of the best in the world. We dont put Mkhi up there. We are just saying he isnt as bad as everyone here describes. You guys put him in the dirt. Thats at least not fair. I love united. However, I am/was a big MKhi fan. I was super excited that MKhi is gonna come to Man Utd. I did have my suspicions that Jose will not be the best coach for him. He stopped being the old MKhi I admired. He plays boring Mourinho football and he is really bad doing it. He used to be super aggressive playing for the Armenian national team. He sucks now. He is so bad that most of the fans hate him. He plays even worse for the national team. Mourinho has really destroyed the Mkhi we all loved. He needs saving for the last two/three seasons he has got left.I miss watching him on the field gliding past two, three even four players. All he does now, is getting the ball and passing back or sideways. No movement, no dribbling, no running. Just some stupid passing around. I dont know how he degraded this fast. Anyways, I hope you guys get a better fitting player/united player as most say. I will continue to root for united and for the team that Mkhi plays. Its just sad for me that it didnt work. Well, it is what it is.What are you gonna do.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Stop with this BS about confidence. All the players need the confidence of their coach to perform. He's just not good enough and too weak mentally to play for a club where you have to win every week-end.

One of the worst signings we made recently, up there with Depay and Schneiderlin.
And it cannot be said he wasn't given a lot time to prove himself over and over again. There was a long period he was starting games whereas he was truly awful. At some point if the player isn't using those opportunities to create his own confidence then he has no place in the team. Not a good enough from a footballing and psychological POV.

Ashley R1+O

I definitely wouldn't be surprised if he leaves at the end of the season. Something doesn't seem right, his performance and attitude-wise.

Donsangre

www.google.com/amp/www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/12/16/revealed-henrikh-mkhitaryans-exile-manchester-united-may-clash/amp/

Great article.

A few excerpts:

Mkhitaryan created one chance, attempted 37 passes, made three recoveries and ran 8.2 kilometres in that Spurs game compared with averages of 10.54 kilometres covered, 50 passes made, 5.8 recoveries and 3.4 chances fashioned in his opening five league games of the campaign when the accent was on attack. Against Liverpool and Chelsea, he made an average of 28.5 sprints compared with 51.6 in those first five fixtures.

Stories Mkhitaryan has been going in on his days off or doing extra work to try to win back Mourinho’s trust ignore the fact that he has always done that.

Tuchel tells how at his time at Dortmund they had returned home from a European game in the early hours and noticed Mkhitaryan’s car at the training ground long after everyone had gone home. Curious as to what was going on, Tuchel found Mkhitaryan sat in an ice bath at 4am. Klopp spoke of a player who was the harshest of self-critics. Professionalism has never been an issue. Whether Mkhitaryan and Mourinho’s footballing attitudes are compatible, though, is another matter.

kouroux

www.google.com/amp/www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/12/16/revealed-henrikh-mkhitaryans-exile-manchester-united-may-clash/amp/

Great article.

A few excerpts:

Mkhitaryan created one chance, attempted 37 passes, made three recoveries and ran 8.2 kilometres in that Spurs game compared with averages of 10.54 kilometres covered, 50 passes made, 5.8 recoveries and 3.4 chances fashioned in his opening five league games of the campaign when the accent was on attack. Against Liverpool and Chelsea, he made an average of 28.5 sprints compared with 51.6 in those first five fixtures.

Stories Mkhitaryan has been going in on his days off or doing extra work to try to win back Mourinho’s trust ignore the fact that he has always done that.

Tuchel tells how at his time at Dortmund they had returned home from a European game in the early hours and noticed Mkhitaryan’s car at the training ground long after everyone had gone home. Curious as to what was going on, Tuchel found Mkhitaryan sat in an ice bath at 4am. Klopp spoke of a player who was the harshest of self-critics. Professionalism has never been an issue. Whether Mkhitaryan and Mourinho’s footballing attitudes are compatible, though, is another matter.
I've always found those stories funny tbh. One anecdote tell nothing, the ultimate judgment on how a player truly perform is done on the pitch and he cannot translate that supposed professionalism into actual performances then something is very wrong.

Water Melon

If he does not suit Mou's tactics, let him move on, if there are any decent offers on the table. Win-win for both parties.

kouroux

Mkhi is the one who destroyed his own confidence. He was always a player given the freedom to express himself with running with the ball, I cannot believe that you haven't noticed all the times he's been stupidly disposessed while running into blind alleys. The number of times he's fecked up easy passes by openings he's created with his run. The whole "Mourinho ruined him" is a joke, if anything he's persisted too long with him, gave many chances to prove himself

r3idy

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Not sure why some people are up in arms about his exclusion from the first team. Jose will pick his team / squad based on what he sees in training every day. The game will be the icing on the cake so if he Miki wasn’t putting a shift in training and pretty shit in his game time, why would he keep him around the squad.

Jose is notorious for wanting his squad full of soldiers who carry out the plan to the last breath. For all the ability in the world it means nothing if the attitude and application aren’t there. Hence why the likes of Lingard and Yo g are getting the nod ahead of him.

As I say we get t see the 90 minutes Jose sees what he is doing (or not)for the full week. On that basis he probably doesn’t deserve a place in the squad.

Sensei

Supports
Dortmund
Mkhi is the one who destroyed his own confidence. He was always a player given the freedom to express himself with running with the ball, I cannot believe that you haven't noticed all the times he's been stupidly disposessed while running into blind alleys. The number of times he's fecked up easy passes by openings he's created with his run. The whole "Mourinho ruined him" is a joke, if anything he's persisted too long with him, gave many chances to prove himself
Did you watch Leroy Sane running into blind alleys last season? Fast forward to today and he's putting in a 7/10 when he isn't playing well. Who do you think gets the credit for this?

ti vu

The whole point of outdated tactic & such is laughable. It is worth a thread to discuss on its own, but I'll leave it short here: Chelsea just ruthless grinding results and won the title. Chelsea ain't exactly expansive. What they have is quality player naming Hazard to carry the team as focal point when we have Mkhi who was hyped up to close to the same level when he was first signed.
Remember Chelsea under Mourinhos last season. Same players were 17th in the league. Then new coach comes and they win the league. Hazard was shit that season. DOnt compare Hazard with Mkhi. Hazard has proven to be one of the best in the world. We dont put Mkhi up there. We are just saying he isnt as bad as everyone here describes. You guys put him in the dirt. Thats at least not fair. I love united. However, I am/was a big MKhi fan. I was super excited that MKhi is gonna come to Man Utd. I did have my suspicions that Jose will not be the best coach for him. He stopped being the old MKhi I admired. He plays boring Mourinho football and he is really bad doing it. He used to be super aggressive playing for the Armenian national team. He sucks now. He is so bad that most of the fans hate him. He plays even worse for the national team. Mourinho has really destroyed the Mkhi we all loved. He needs saving for the last two/three seasons he has got left.I miss watching him on the field gliding past two, three even four players. All he does now, is getting the ball and passing back or sideways. No movement, no dribbling, no running. Just some stupid passing around. I dont know how he degraded this fast. Anyways, I hope you guys get a better fitting player/united player as most say. I will continue to root for united and for the team that Mkhi plays. Its just sad for me that it didnt work. Well, it is what it is.What are you gonna do.[/QUOTE]
And the season before they won the league with same set of players... Chelsea coaches would do well to stay for the third year if you're aware.

I don't have anything against people being player's fan. However, it's plain silly to spin everything on the coaches especially for a player had shown to have similar issue in different style of play and different type of coach. Defending a player may sound nice & all but backhanding by undermining the coach is plainly bias. We can talk about so called player with questionable attitude like Ozil. Why was he not being destroyed playing for Mourinho. Why his problem being highlighted at Arsenal playing nice football and with a coach who indulged him? Perhaps, Mkhi enemy is his own.

Did you watch Leroy Sane running into blind alleys last season? Fast forward to today and he's putting in a 7/10 when he isn't playing well. Who do you think gets the credit for this?
What kind of argument is this? Different with different mentality. So Sane owned it to Pep's coaching, then who Krkic, Gotze should blame?

Dobbs

Sane is a young player learning the game. It's perfectly normal for him to struggle then blossom.

Mkhi is in his prime. There is no justifiable reason for prolonged periods of crap form.

Litch

I like him a lot but just think he's at the wrong club. I thought the same as Depay. If these were players coming into a winning side, with established players of quality would be different. Every utd signing has to hit the ground running (excuse the pun). No bedding in time, new country, league, language....The fans need for success especially with what's happening at city demands it. Jose demands it. Look wants happen to Victor and Rom so far this season from both the media and this forum. The lad is quality but this is a very toxic period in the club, and whilst I like Jose he brings a blame culture that not many players can deal with. If he likes you, he buries your inadequacy, if he doesn't he openly exposes them.

kouroux

Sané was still better than the shite served by Mkhi and besides he was a fairly young player with a massive room for improvement. Mkhi is a very different case altogether.
Besides we don't have Guardiola but Mourinho, you either step up or you can feck off

Djemba-Djemba

I was just turning it. I suggest that the truth is somewhere in the middle.
I find it hard to argue a case for any of our attacking players that have been greatly improved under Jose.
I just find the constant excuse making for players annoying.

There is no excuse for the lack of effort Mkhitaryan was showing in his last few games.

dichinero

I'm a big fan of Micky and I think he should just move. It was never going to work under José imo. As someone suggested earlier, Liverpool would have been the perfect fit for him. Not all that glitters...

edgar allan

There is no excuse for the lack of effort Mkhitaryan was showing in his last few games.
Agreed he has been limited for most of his time here but his lack of effort was pathetic.
I also however find the constant excuse making for Jose's rotten tactics annoying also.

dichinero

Even as a fan, he should be putting more effort but I've realised that since José's arrival, any player that seems out of favour with him gets written off in no time. It can't always be one sided, knowing that the manager has a notorious reputation for falling out with everything that moves. Let's not pretend like the man is a saint either.

Djemba-Djemba

Even as a fan, he should be putting more effort but I've realised that since José's arrival, any player that seems out of favour with him gets written off in no time. It can't always be one sided, knowing that the manager has a notorious reputation for falling out with everything that moves. Let's not pretend like the man is a saint either.
But if you put the effort in and you improve you get back in the side. It's not personal.

Look at Martial, he was poor all last season spent a lot of time on the bench and looked like he was off but he instead he got his head down showed character and now he's back as first choice.

That's what Mkhitaryan has to do, I personally can't see it happening because his mentality seems terrible but hopefully it does.

dichinero

But if you put the effort in and you improve you get back in the side. It's not personal.

Look at Martial, he was poor all last season spent a lot of time on the bench and looked like he was off but he instead he got his head down showed character and now he's back as first choice.

That's what Mkhitaryan has to do, I personally can't see it happening because his mentality seems terrible but hopefully it does.
Not disputing the bulk of your post but he was doing OK at the start of the season. So it's not like he's been terrible as people are suggesting. There could be a good reason why, like the rest of the team, his drop in performances coincided with the absence of Pogba. In Pogba's absence, we've resorted to playing deeper and hoof ball tactics, something I don't think you can coach that into Micky at this stage. So, there is reason for people to consider that he just doesn't fit into José's tactics.

Under José, even the attackers must be able to do more defensive work than the average attacking player. Maybe the player is really struggling to adapt to being an attacking player whilst having more than the normal defensive responsibilities. At Dortmund and Shakthar, he flourished in a predominantly attacking approach. All these things add up. Are we surprised that talk coming out is that the player also questioned the manager's approach as the manager questioned his application? Something the football world is on José's back for and as we are on the player's back too. Two sides of a coin.

But at the end of the day, without being a José fan, he is still the manager and it his prerogative on how he wants to play and how he wants the players to adapt. Yes, again the player can be doing much more but this is going to go down a poor recruitment by José.

So, I'm in agreement that the player needs to move on but not for the reason that he's the worst players on the planet. Square peg and all that jazz. As you can see from all of José's buy, bar Micky, they all have a higher degree defensive graft about them when compared to their positional counterparts. Wrong fit from day one, as was Martial and Shaw who got enormous stick and borderline assault from our fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.