g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });
Henrikh Mkhitaryan image 22

Henrikh Mkhitaryan Armenia flag

2017-18 Performances

View full 2017-18 profile

5.3 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
I have a theory about Mkhitaryan; he is a player that needs to be hand held through the game (and this comes with his low confidence). This is why he was so good under Tuchel who is obsessive in the position of his players; he was micro managed by Tuchel.

You cannot trust Mkhitaryan to make the correct decisions; he will make the wrong one most of the time. So you need to hold his hand and tell him what to do in every situation or else he will be clueless.

redom

Should be moved to the right. Asking a player who probably knows it's his last chance to cross with his weaker foot won't do him or us any good.
Agreed, he's been very wasteful but he also put in one cross that should have been a goal but Lingard didn't do well enough with the header, stick him on the right and we might see better deliveries from him.

Walters_19_MuFc

He's not been as shite as some are suggesting, in my opinion.

He is trying. What I like is that he's not gone hiding. He's been trying to force the issue, despite being pretty wasteful. That said, he could have easily had an assist.

I personally wouldn't take him off. I think he'll either assist or score today.

Mciahel Goodman

Worst Werewolf Player of All Times
Staff
Not too late to become an electrician.

Seriously, send him back to Dortmund or wherever. He's never been good enough. Maybe lousy to make him the scapegoat, but how can he be this bad?

Castia

He’s shite as usual but why is he playing left wing in the first place? what do you expect, just like Mata on the right and Lingard through the middle they’re all out of position. It’s just a massive cluster feck all over the pitch.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
To be fair, two of those low crosses that he put in could have been dangerous if one of the other attackers made the right run. Since they didn't the ball just went straight to the keeper. Some of his other passes/crosses have been terrible though.

I can't remember him playing on the left before. Might be worth moving him to the right, although the problem is is that none of the three we have on have really shown much from the left.

Canagel

I have a theory about Mkhitaryan; he is a player that needs to be hand held through the game (and this comes with his low confidence). This is why he was so good under Tuchel who is obsessive in the position of his players; he was micro managed by Tuchel.

You cannot trust Mkhitaryan to make the correct decisions; he will make the wrong one most of the time. So you need to hold his hand and tell him what to do in every situation or else he will be clueless.
That is completely against everything you expect from a Mourinho player. Why didn't he do research on Mkhi before buying him? Mourinho's players are very clever if you look at his previous teams and make decisions on their own during a game. I remember he had a go at Shaw last season for the exact same reason.

Ace of Spades

Confidence is shot, and honestly if he is going to be sold then I would rather play an academy player ahead of him. Can't be worse than this.

Mciahel Goodman

Worst Werewolf Player of All Times
Staff
Things a flat earther would say
Not really.

Everyone watches the game. Sees him playing terrible (for months), then someone drags up a crossing or passing stat to use in place of actually watching the player play crap.

JohnnyLaw

He’s shite as usual but why is he playing left wing in the first place? what do you expect, just like Mata on the right and Lingard through the middle they’re all out of position. It’s just a massive cluster feck all over the pitch.
Lingards best position is obviously through the middle, and Mata plays where he wants to play no matter what his 'actual' position is. Mkhi has played left, right and centre for us and never performed well enough.

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Really short of confidence. Very heavy touches, ruined a counter attack that should have ended with us atleast testing the keeper and ideally with a goal. Only positive- the cross to Lingard, other than that, it has been a shit show from him

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020

Redcafe : "Cant pass, cant cross, barely a footballer"
My God! As per whoscored he's been our 4th best player this half! Their algorithm for calculating ratings needs to be fixed

Ekeke

Lets ignore watching football and just look at stats
The problem is some of you watch football but dont really see it. We have people saying he cant pass and cant cross, but the reality is he made the most passes and most crosses in that 45 minutes of anyone on the pitch.

He wasnt good but he was nowhere near as bad as some people want to say he was. Some people are just watching to complain about the players they've decided they dislike unfortunately.

MoneyMay

How does Pogba not have a key pass? I can remember at least 2 that split Southampton open.
Keypass is the final pass made before a shot is taken. It's a very misleading stat, really. I wouldn't take too much notice of it.

Edit - From Opta's site:

The final pass or pass-cum-shot leading to the recipient of the ball having an attempt at goal without scoring.

Last edited by a moderator:

MThomas

Figo: In Spain we called Benitez 'píldora para dor
The problem is some of you watch football but dont really see it. We have people saying he cant pass and cant cross, but the reality is he made the most passes and most crosses in that 45 minutes of anyone on the pitch.

He wasnt good but he was nowhere near as bad as some people want to say he was. Some people are just watching to complain about the players they've decided they dislike unfortunately.
He's been utter fecking wank...He's had one brilliant cross, and a shitload of wank ones that were from fantastic positions

breakout67

Supports
Man City
Redcafe : "Cant pass, cant cross, barely a footballer"
The only players with a worse passing accuracy are the GK and strikers.

He is not a no.10 in this game; his job is not to provide key passes.

Ciddy

Genuinely don't know what he's done to get back in squad let alone the team. Constantly gives the ball away. Seemingly can't put in a decent cross. With our current form it's just so frustrating to watch.

EDIT: Point proven again with that shite cross. Off the pitch immediately.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
Another one of those top quality passes by Mkhitaryan. Its good because he can pass backwards and sideways to pad his stats.

Status
Not open for further replies.