ICC Cricket World Cup 2015

The Man Himself

asked for a tagline change and all I got was this.
What a game between Afghanistan and Scotland! Really have loved the fight all associates have shown this world cup. Stupid ICC should review its decision to cut down teams to 10 next world cup.

Krovv

RedCafe Verified
Supports
Arsenal
Amazing Afghanistan! Just saw a clip of Scotland's Haq missing a chance to run out Shenwari. The batsman was miles off the crease but Haq took ages to dislodge the bails and he got in by then. :lol:

The Man Himself

wtf? Seriously?
Seriously what? Ya next world cup there are going to be 10 teams only. Top 8 test nations qualifying directly and last 2 playing qualifiers with associates. So basically Zimbabwe and Bangladesh + associates fighting for 2 spots.

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
Seriously what? Ya next world cup there are going to be 10 teams only. Top 8 test nations qualifying directly and last 2 playing qualifiers with associates. So basically Zimbabwe and Bangladesh + associates fighting for 2 spots.
That's just shit. As if the current group format wasn't shit enough for the associates :rolleyes:

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
I'm positive ICC will change that decision after seeing the minnows in this tournament. A World Cup with 10 teams is a horrible idea, you have the Champions Trophy for that kind of stuff.

14 is a perfect number. If the last two games are anything to go by then maybe even 16 might be a good idea. The likes of Netherlands and Canada are decent teams. Even Italy and Denmark would be in with a shout which would be a massive boost for cricket here in Europe.

MJJ

I think thats fair, they should have a round robin qualifying tournament involving six associates though instead of just including zimbabwe and bangladesh.

kotha

If we play 2 group matches per day, can we shorten the group stages by a week atleast?? Playing 1 match is sucking all the excitement out..

coolredwine

lameredboots
They should include the test playing nations in the qualifiers as well. At least then Pakistan, Bangladesh, England wouldn't be wasting anyone's time here.

Insanity

Most apt username 2015
I'm positive ICC will change that decision after seeing the minnows in this tournament. A World Cup with 10 teams is a horrible idea, you have the Champions Trophy for that kind of stuff.

14 is a perfect number. If the last two games are anything to go by then maybe even 16 might be a good idea. The likes of Netherlands and Canada are decent teams. Even Italy and Denmark would be in with a shout which would be a massive boost for cricket here in Europe.
Then they need to change the format and make the wins in the group stages worth something. What we are witnessing at the moment is total crap, the gap between the worst of the top teams and these associates is still huge. You cannot play a 100 matches in the hope of one upset. The stage before the knock-outs has to have some meaning.

I am 90% sure that Pakistan despite all there shitiness will beat Zimbabwe, Ireland and UAE. England will do the same in their group.

The Man Himself

I think thats fair, they should have a round robin qualifying tournament involving six associates though instead of just including zimbabwe and bangladesh.
They should include the test playing nations in the qualifiers as well. At least then Pakistan, Bangladesh, England wouldn't be wasting anyone's time here.

You mean everybody plays qualifying like football? Naah, that's not practical and not needed. India, SL, Aus, NZ, SA and even England won't fail to qualify for sure. If they have to keep it to 10, top 6 test nations qualifying directly and bottom 4+associates playing qualifying is another option.
To me, having 12 teams looks a decent middle ground too. Same format as of now, just that it will mean 4 will qualify for quarters out of group of 6 instead of 7. So a 'shock' result will matter more than now.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Harsh on Pakistan, have a look at the last 10 ICC Events and you'll see that they've made the semi finals on almost every occasion.

Bangladesh I agree with though. They should stick to play Asia Cup only, even there they'll struggle to qualify.

coolredwine

lameredboots
You mean everybody plays qualifying like football? Naah, that's not practical and not needed. India, SL, Aus, NZ, SA and even England won't fail to qualify for sure. If they have to keep it to 10, top 6 test nations qualifying directly and bottom 4+associates playing qualifying is another option.
To me, having 12 teams looks a decent middle ground too. Same format as of now, just that it will mean 4 will qualify for quarters out of group of 6 instead of 7. So a 'shock' result will matter more than now.
I was discussing this with a colleague yesterday. Difficult, but doable. The ICC would have to revamp a lot though, players/teams would be made to fight for their places in the "Finals" and who knows, we would have some upsets here and there which would make things interesting. But that would also help shorten the format and fight the diminishing crowds.

The Man Himself

How many of you have both Dilshan and Sanga in fantasy team? I have Sanga only but he is captain.

coolredwine

lameredboots
Harsh on Pakistan, have a look at the last 10 ICC Events and you'll see that they've made the semi finals on almost every occasion.

Bangladesh I agree with though. They should stick to play Asia Cup only, even there they'll struggle to qualify.
Pakistan's team is completely broken right now though. Not sure if it's only the players or the coaching/management.

The Man Himself

I have mathews as a captain :( :mad:
hehe. He will bowl though so can still give 100 odd points if he gets wickets. I had Mahela who is going to turn out useless now for this game! Wanted to buy Dilshan but was .5M short so settled for Mahela. Fine margins.

Dili is my captain. Had Thirimane as well.
ffs!

PvsNP

Embarassing fielding. If you thought Pakistan were bad, you haven't seen Bangladesh.

The Man Himself

Life seems to be at its unfair best when one sees Mayanti Langer and remembers that Stuart 'bunny' Binny goes home to her.

The Man Himself

Dilshan, Shenwari, Shapoor and Mathews in my team. fecking Mathews captain.
You do know you can make separate captains for different games on same day, right? You could have had one of Shenwari/Shapoor captain and then one from SriLanka game.

Day 14: South Africa vs West Indies

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Not that we have much chance of qualifying to the knockouts, but a Windies win would be nice for Pakistan.

Insanity

Most apt username 2015
Not that we have much chance of qualifying to the knockouts, but a Windies win would be nice for Pakistan.
If Ireland and Pakistan finish on equal points, will the first qualifying criteria be head to head record or NRR?