ICC Cricket World Cup 2015

Krovv

RedCafe Verified
Supports
Arsenal
Can't see it going well for NZ from here. They can bat, but they needed at least 100-120 from the first 10 to stay in it. Now it's going to be mighty heave at the end.

Mani

Wicket of McCullam might bring SA back into the game.I don't fancy NZ middle order.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Can't see NZ chasing this now. What happened to the Kane Williamson that was killing every bowling attack between Jan 2014-Jan 2015?

crappycraperson

"Resident cricket authority"
Scout
Very poor captaincy by AB. Duminy should not be bowling here. He needs to attack with Tahir and pick up wickets, instead he is thinking of getting rid of his fifth bowler's overs.

carlosp

Very poor captaincy by AB. Duminy should not be bowling here. He needs to attack with Tahir and pick up wickets, instead he is thinking of getting rid of his fifth bowler's overs.
Not really. The batters just got in so trying to get those quick one or two overs from the fifth bowler is good thinking I think. If NZ can hold out to say 10 overs left with the current batsman, you don't want the fifth bowler in their taking smacks.

It can work or it can be a problem. I think he did ok.

I like that he is mixing the bowlers, Tahir in.

Krovv

RedCafe Verified
Supports
Arsenal
NZ really need to keep wickets in hand and get 5-7 runs every over. 6.4 per over is not out of reach, but they'll crumble under pressure if they throw away wickets.

EDIT: Just realised how stupid this post sounds. Meant to say they need to keep the scoreboard ticking and not take unnecessary risks.

crappycraperson

"Resident cricket authority"
Scout
Not really. The batters just got in so trying to get those quick one or two overs from the fifth bowler is good thinking I think. If NZ can hold out to say 10 overs left with the current batsman, you don't want the fifth bowler in their taking smacks.

It can work or it can be a problem. I think he did ok.
It depends on if you want to attack or defend. Even now RR is about 6.4. NZ will be happy to chase 80-90 in last 10 to win this regardless of who is left to bowl. Time to get out a new batsman is when he is just in. Guptil almost played himself out against Tahir. Now you have allowed to settle.

carlosp

It depends on if you want to attack or defend. Even now RR is about 6.4. NZ will be happy to chase 80-90 in last 10 to win this regardless of who is left to bowl. Time to get out a new batsman is when he is just in. Guptil almost played himself out against Tahir. Now you have allowed to settle.
Sure, but the run rate should climb if they bowl with discipline. It's up to NZ to keep their wickets though and keep the run rate at about 6 per over.

Kazi

There's no right or wrong way. It only pays off if you get wickets. McCullum tried it and had it not rained, SA would have made 370 I reckon, attacking their 5th bowler.

The Man Himself

asked for a tagline change and all I got was this.
SA need to take out these two soon. Anderson, Elliott, Ronchi etc can easily smash in the end if target is less than 100 even at RR of 10.

Mani

RR never going to be an issue if you got wkts in hand,AB need to look for wkts.He need to bring back Steyn for short spell with Tahir on other end.

Skills

Snitch
How dumb. Slow the scoring down to get yourself set and then feck it up with a run out.

Mani

New Zealand require another 165 runs with 7 wickets and 25.0 overs remaining
Next 10 overs are crucial,SA need to look for wkts

Stretch

How in the whole wide world can one team be so unlucky? There's been no rain in NZ all this time and just today when it looked like we were on for 350 it rains. SMH. And why does DL method not reduced your wickets in hand!!! urgh, I'm going to be so disappointed if we don't make it because it blooming rained!!!

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
How in the whole wide world can one team be so unlucky? There's been no rain in NZ all this time and just today when it looked like we were on for 350 it rains. SMH. And why does DL method not reduced your wickets in hand!!! urgh, I'm going to be so disappointed if we don't make it because it blooming rained!!!
Definitely the unluckiest side in the world. You routinely get fecked over (or feck up) in the most bizarre of circumstances.

kotha

How deep do NZ bat? 1 more wicket and the match is almost in SA hands or do they have lot more batting to come?