5.6 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sylar

Never let us down when given chances (actually looked good in pre-season three years in a row). Was unlucky not to get more minutes before this season imo. I like him and what he offers.

kundalini

I would expect any of our attackers (except maybe Fellaini) to be able to control that ball most of the times. That's why I have this expectation. I probably wouldn't have thought much about it if it wasn't Mata he replaced because those are the kind of runs and thoughts that Mata has.
Mata wouldn't have got anywhere near the ball given how slow he is; that or he would have been offside if he had started his run earlier. Notice the moment when Rojo broke up a City counter-attack and the ball went straight through their defence but Mata failed to get near the ball before Joe Hart cleared; that looked like an opening but for the fact that it was our slowest player involved.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
Mata wouldn't have got anywhere near the ball given how slow he is; that or he would have been offside if he had started his run earlier. Notice the moment when Rojo broke up a City counter-attack and the ball went straight through their defence but Mata failed to get near the ball before Joe Hart cleared; that looked like an opening but for the fact that it was our slowest player involved.
It looked like an opening because Mata anticipated it. The pass comes in relation to the run. Martial wouldn't have passed it the same way if it were Mata making the run.

kundalini

It looked like an opening because Mata anticipated it. The pass comes in relation to the run. Martial wouldn't have passed it the same way if it were Mata making the run.
Martial's pass, while not perfect, was the best he has managed so far for United. The chances of him coming up with a pass that would allow Mata to get through in a similar situation are practically zero.

Last edited:

suheilsworld

Really grabbing the opportunities with both hands and legs. Has looked sharp and determined. Always want to make things happen. It is high time we drop Rooney and Play Martial up front and try Lingard on the right from the beginning.

Šjor Bepo

Wout is love, Wout is life; all hail Wout!
people shouldnt be surprised with his flick yesterday, he is very good at finishing and he does have a history of spectacular finishes. Check out this beauty, one of the most beautiful volleys that i saw:

m1y2

Memphis has been frustrating at times and i knew that would have happened as it is normal for players his age. I can understand the disappointment but i dont think i would go as far as saying Lingard has offered more than him. But that's just my personal opinion. @Acole9 @BAMSOLA . Lingard has been neat and tidy and safe which is fine if your looking for a draw. Thats just how i see it.
Lingard has been neat and tidy in three high profile tough games where we needed to defend a lot, in Everton game we didn't push for attack at all, CSKA was a tough away game in freezing weather, debut for Lingard, he was arguably our best player in the first half.. last game he showed he has goals in him, great run to almost score a winner, great weighted pass to Rooney.. lost couple of balls too but that's what Memphis shows all the season.

I also don't know why the two are compared that much, they are different players, Lingard's not a winger and just got into team. Give him a bit of time to show what he can do also in some lower profile games so he gains confidence. Anyway great to see him being backed now. Let's see if he can get run of 15 games like Memphis without being dropped after one horrible performances Memphis ad been showing us..

He looked much more threatening then Memphis so I dunno why should we consider him as a player who comes on the pitch when we are looking for a draw, that really doesn't make sense He's done better than Memphis offensively while being organized and reliable in defending...

Let's judge the players not by their reputation and name but simply by what they showed. Lingard's hardly exciting for yome of you as he's come from academy and proggressed really slowly while Memphis was a top scorer in Dutch league but it's never easy to break through when you're in Manchester fecking United. Fergie himself told Lingard will be ready at the age of 23.. so I 'm looking forward to seeing him bloom. Darren Fletcher was quite shit at his early age but given the thrust from coach he wored hard and became key palyer for us, despite not being the most talented and Lingard has more talent than him, just started a bit late and with the transition after fergie Januzaj being picked to be given thrust he didn't always had it easy to breakthrough, got injured in his first game last season but I guess he's a good chance now..

ChaddyP

Lingard has been neat and tidy in three high profile tough games where we needed to defend a lot, in Everton game we didn't push for attack at all, CSKA was a tough away game in freezing weather, debut for Lingard, he was arguably our best player in the first half.. last game he showed he has goals in him, great run to almost score a winner, great weighted pass to Rooney.. lost couple of balls too but that's what Memphis shows all the season.

I also don't know why the two are compared that much, they are different players, Lingard's not a winger and just got into team. Give him a bit of time to show what he can do also in some lower profile games so he gains confidence. Anyway great to see him being backed now. Let's see if he can get run of 15 games like Memphis without being dropped after one horrible performances Memphis ad been showing us..

He looked much more threatening then Memphis so I dunno why should we consider him as a player who comes on the pitch when we are looking for a draw, that really doesn't make sense He's done better than Memphis offensively while being organized and reliable in defending...

Let's judge the players not by their reputation and name but simply by what they showed. Lingard's hardly exciting for yome of you as he's come from academy and proggressed really slowly while Memphis was a top scorer in Dutch league but it's never easy to break through when you're in Manchester fecking United. Fergie himself told Lingard will be ready at the age of 23.. so I 'm looking forward to seeing him bloom. Darren Fletcher was quite shit at his early age but given the thrust from coach he wored hard and became key palyer for us, despite not being the most talented and Lingard has more talent than him, just started a bit late and with the transition after fergie Januzaj being picked to be given thrust he didn't always had it easy to breakthrough, got injured in his first game last season but I guess he's a good chance now..
While alot of what you say is quite true and i would say i agree with alot of it. I can promise you im not basing anything off of prior reputation. Lingard has been played for a couple of games and to say he has done more than what Memphis has done, I simply don't agree with that. Thats the core point im on. Im not arguing who has more potential or who should be playing or who is more exiting than who. I just think that its a little unfair to slag off Memphis like hes done feck all for 2 months.

m1y2

While alot of what you say is quite true and i would say i agree with alot of it. I can promise you im not basing anything off of prior reputation. Lingard has been played for a couple of games and to say he has done more than what Memphis has done, I simply don't agree with that. Thats the core point im on. Im not arguing who has more potential or who should be playing or who is more exiting than who. I just think that its a little unfair to slag off Memphis like hes done feck all for 2 months.
People forget quickly that's true but he really was poor most of the time and his best games came against really poor sides like Brugge. Memphis will be good, he just needed this time on the bench to realize what he's done was too little for Manchester United. I think he was also backed countless times when he was on the pitch like noone in the team, the new no7 excitement, young prospect, likeable player from the day one.. Now when he's finally dropped people can see how poor he was, he needed break and not to be automatically first option, now some other players deserve to be given chance while I don't think they will get as many as him...

ChaddyP

People forget quickly that's true but he really was poor most of the time and his best games came against really poor sides like Brugge. Memphis will be good, he just needed this time on the bench to realize what he's done was too little for Manchester United. I think he was also backed countless times when he was on the pitch like noone in the team, the new no7 excitement, young prospect, likeable player from the day one.. Now when he's finally dropped people can see how poor he was, he needed break and not to be automatically first option, now some other players deserve to be given chance while I don't think they will get as many as him...

Again I agree with alot of this. We though, need to remember he is new to the league and is only 21, even younger than lingard. He has every right to be benched. It was never the issue.

Obiorahking_

I'm sure he's still dealing with the pace of the game at this level. I would say he's an exceptionally steady and consistent player, at least he was at youth level.

I can't believe he's only 22, I feel like I've been watching him for 6 years.
I can't believe it too. I am very very happy for him though. I have been pulling for him to make it and I am glad he is being rewarded.

Obiorahking_

Because movement around him created the oppurtunity. If everyone is static and not looking to shake their marker then of course he will look hesitant.
It dosen't excuse him from losing the ball or being untidy with it on certain occasions. You are right, he wasn't get much help and he is being played out of his favorite position, but not everything should be blamed on the others who are around him. Fine player though.

SoCross

Think he'll find his opportunities limited again once Young is back though.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
I've always felt he is our most reliable youngster coming out from the academy, ever since I watched him play in preseason few years back.

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
He's better then some people seem to imply. He's unlucky not to have a goal or two and he doesn't over complicate it. He could be a very handy squad player for us this season and he could be a very good player for us in time. It's good to see LVG having a look at him.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Looks a solid player, worth persisting with for now.

Sylar

Needs more minutes with the first team (playing with the likes of Herrera, Martial, Basti) will do him some good.

Shamwow

listens to shit music & watches Mrs Brown's Boys
Very unlucky not to have 2 late game winning goals now, but for a few inches people would be raving about his performances in here.

Striker10

He's tidy enough but not really very threatening if we're being honest.
Against Everton he was unlucky from a Martial pull back with the ball not falling for him. Against City he hit the bar and today, he hit the post/bar...

He's doing well, you just don't rate him.

justboy68

Against Everton he was unlucky from a Martial pull back with the ball not falling for him. Against City he hit the bar and today, he hit the post/bar...

He's doing well, you just don't rate him.
I still rate him higher than current Rooney and Memphis to be fair. I'm all for giving him a chance but I think it's inevitable that he will ultimately end up plying his trade at Norwich or Villa, that's all I'm saying.

Cro

He does surprise me every time I watch him. He always seems very aware around the box, makes good runs and overall is just a clever player. Considering our options on the wing, he certainly offers something at the moment.

Rowem

gently, down the stream
His two chances were two difficult volleys which he struck well, I have no issue with his finishing. Tidy player full of energy, I suspect he will get goals and assists if he plays.

Devil may care

He at least looked like he could make something happen and played with his brain. I like him, I don't see him ever being a main player here but he can join a long list of valuable squad players that have served United well over the years.

facund

Looked sloppy to begin with but grew in to the game and despite not appearing to be the overly creative type ended up being involved in or on the end of most of the good work we did tonight. Unlucky not to grab a goal (again) and kept running for the full 120 minutes. Hard not to be at least a little impressed. Shame today's contribution will probably make him a sub at best on the weekend.

Striker10

I still rate him higher than current Rooney and Memphis to be fair. I'm all for giving him a chance but I think it's inevitable that he will ultimately end up plying his trade at Norwich or Villa, that's all I'm saying.
Don't agree mate. He's quick, carries the ball well. He can put some nice crosses in but he's a goal threat. He's been unlucky. Another day, he'd have got the winner but wasn't to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.