Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Mata is a scorer, Lingard will never score like that!

But out on the right he certainly has some advantages.

Id like to see Mata at the no.10 and Lingard on the right.
Lingard is a goal scorer tbf to him

gooDevil

Worst scout ever
Lingard is also great goalscorer, he played as striker a lot or as second striker in the academy, then used as winger and basically anywhere around front four, he always scored during preseason, once won a "golden boot" I think druing preseason... he's go poaching qualities as well as quality shot from around the box. He weirdly showed poor coposure in finishing over the 4 games he featured in but on the other hand it is clear that he knows how to get to the chance. He was unlucky not to have at least three goals at his name.

He must transform his calmness and goalscoring record from the reserves to the first team, once he settles down I am sure he will score goals if given chance from the start. What sort of chances Mata created himself lately btw?
Look, I'm trying to keep myself from putting on the red tinted glasses, will you please not tempt me?

I've been watching Lingard as long as he's been with the Reserves, I'm a huge fan of his! I agree he can score goals, but he's probably never going to have the pure quality of Mata, nor will he likely ever score as many in a season as Mata did in his best season so far.

If Rooney is going to be moved wide or dropped deep, Mata surely has to get first crack at taking that no.10 position. But I'd love to see Lingard beat him out for it! Surely that by itself would put Lingard down as an Academy legend!

Man Utd 1:0 Moscow

Dion

If you could not feck up every attacking move you're involved in that would be grand.

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form
You can see he's got a good pedigree about him, especially in the possession orientated approach (18 of 20 passes completed as I type this) but his end product thus far is off. Seems to be trying too hard if anything and letting his final ball / shot or touch in a take on be affected. Have to say his defensive work has been very good.

Robbie Boy

I don't think he's good enough for us. In fact, nowhere close to the level we should be aspiring to. Just my opinion of course.

snk123

Standing out in the team today. For the wrong reasons...

Sigma

He's getting forward well but his passing/crossing/final ball hasn't been great.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
No end product, atleast he's trying to take people on.

tom33

I desperately hope he proves me wrong, but I just don't think he's quite good enough. He's been dreadful so far today.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Memphis has got to be wondering what the heck is going on being left out for this lad

Adzzz

Astrophysical Genius - Hard for Grinner
Staff
He's trying hard and is obviously a talented player.

Bojan11

He is poor. I had doubts.

He shouldn't be starting for us. He's not even better than someone like Zaha, who is younger. Prefer Periera to play on the left.

Walrus

Oppressed White Male
Not as bad as people are making out, but it was an odd decision to start him and that isn't really looking like one of LVGs masterstrokes.

dirkey

He has been terrible today. I think people just want to see him succeed because he's a youth talent, but I really don't think he's good enough.

the hea

I thought he was our most lively player in the first half kept on moving into good positions but is lacking any end product.

Starkie_1

Affluent and Likeminded
Would you rather he did a Mata& turn around 5 times and pass it back to the midfielders? I'm happy we've got someone trying something. This is exactly what people are asking for, and yet he's being slated for it. feck the youth, get in the big names always works.

?

He's messed up everything he's attempted.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
I'd be surprised if he makes it out for the second half. He's earned his place ahead of memories because he's positive and takes his man on but it's not his day.

finneh

The kind of performance you'd want to see him making on loan at another club so that he'd mature and learn from it by the time he was playing for our first team.

RedMachine03

Poster of Articles
Disappointed to see some of the comments about him in the match thread but nothing about Mata's performance who has been equally bad if not more.

dirkey

Would you rather he did a Mata& turn around 5 times and pass it back to the midfielders? I'm happy we've got someone trying something. This is exactly what people are asking for, and yet he's being slated for it. feck the youth, get in the big names always works.
No, he's being slated for messing everything up. What about that short corner he booted woefully back to Carrick? Christ. Memphis "tried things" as you say and got rightuflly slated too. He's been appalling.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Memphis has got to be wondering what the heck is going on being left out for this lad
Memphis is just returning from injury, so I think there was zero chance he'd start tonight.

Not sure why Pereira didn't start though. He looks significantly better than Lingard when he plays.

Lingard seems to have a streak of Welbeck about him. Works hard, good at finding space and looks to run direct at goal with the ball, but his composure in the box has been very poor.

m1y2

on the other note, what has mata done so far on the right? Lingard's trying, his touch is awfull but he makes so many runs that all our chances comes from the left hand sie... good linkup play, awfull end product, but it was never his game, he's best a bit deeper where he doesn't need to dribble, dropping deep from caM and making the play, he's playmaker not someone who will beat his man all game

Devil81

He's getting at his defender, we need that pace in the team.

dirkey

on the other note, what has mata done so far on the right? Lingard's trying, his touch is awfull but he makes so many runs that all our chances comes from the left hand sie... good linkup play, awfull end product, but it was never his game, he's best a bit deeper where he doesn't need to dribble, dropping deep from caM and making the play, he's playmaker not someone who will beat his man all game
Our best chance came from a cross from the right.

Šjor Bepo

Wout is love, Wout is life; all hail Wout!
He's trying hard and is obviously a talented player.
think the problem is he is trying to hard today to impress, he is taking people on at every occasion and that is not his game. He cant dribble and when he loses the ball few times in a row the confidence drops and everything else goes to shit. Good movement as always, good partnership with Rojo but the final ball is lacking and he should just stop dribbling. Its okay to try it occasionally but not every fecking time, just play your game.

Classical Mechanic

He is afraid, he always takes the easy way out and fails to execute a lot of that. He is out of his depth. He has some decent mobility but that is it. Hopefully he gets taken off for a player who belongs at CL level.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
He is not terrible, he is involved in lot of good things but end product is lacking, he is basically just having bad luck in the first half. It happens. If he stays on the pitch I am sure he'll score or assist if we keep playing like in the first half.

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
He's done ok but I think he can certainly improve. He's got a better end product then he's shown so hopefully we see a better end product second half.

Status
Not open for further replies.