5.6 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jagga7

Excellent performance. Always running at the opposition and trying to make things happen. He took on the responsibility to actually create.

Shamwow

listens to shit music & watches Mrs Brown's Boys
Altough, tbf he was far from great but he definitely deserves to keep his place in the team.

I still have no idea why was he dribbling so much today though, it's not his game at all.
He lacked the support at times. I don't think he's the type to dribble needlessly all the time when he has options on.

m1y2

never seen a player made as many runs as him today. Absolutely fantastic movement all game, better end product in the second half, you can safely say he outplayed Memphis and Mata together in the game.. great shift from the lad with a fantastic first time assist which set the crucial goal in our champions league campaign...

Wade3

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
He seems to be "given" a lot of space quite often, maybe it's something to do with his tireless and intelligent movement?
In this game it had a lot more to do with Martial attracting a load of defenders any time he just got near the ball. Teams simply don't respect Lingard as much of a threat yet compared to other players on our team.

Simbo

I think he's brilliant, so positive, comfortably my motm.

He's been inches away from becoming an instant Hero for us in the last few games and unlucky not to get on the scoresheet again tonight soon after a brilliant assist.

No end product? Piss off.

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
I could barely stay awake never mind pay attention during the first half so have to say he put in a MOTM performance!

the hea

Was very refreshing to have a player besides Martial who takes players on and runs with the ball. Martial, Mata and Rooney all had a poor game today so maybe that makes Lingards performance look better than it was but for me he was the obvious choice for motm and he desrves to start the next game after that performance.

Kraftwerker

Formerly RedAddict
Had their left side shitting themselves every time he ran at them.

Guaranteed starter now in absence of other options.

Thought he'd get subbed at half time. Great attitude to turn around a very iffy first half into a superb 45 minute performance.

thepolice123

He showed more balls than Depay and Rooney have ever showed us this season in just a game. Must have lost the ball ten over times but he just kept pegging back.

Shamwow

In this game it had a lot more to do with Martial attracting a load of defenders any time he just got near the ball. Teams simply don't respect Lingard as much of a threat yet compared to other players on our team.
He seemed to get space just as often even after Martial came off so I'm not sure that's the only reason, even if it was a factor. You'd have to be blind to not see that his movement is one of his best assets.

Manchie

He brought much needed urgency in our game. Direct and threatening

Godfather

Great performance imo. Looked sharp, lively, and in contract to pretty much everyone else very mobile.

khoazany

That's why patience are needed.Although he has been wasteful in the first half he looks like he can make something happen if given more times.His finishing is normally better mind.

Robbie Boy

He was always positive, and that alone made his performance fantastic for me.
A fantastic performance at OT used to so much better than Lingard having an ok half of football. He wasn't fantastic; that's just nonsense hyperbole. He was poor in the first and ok in the second. He was better than our other attacking players but that isn't saying much. I don't think he's got the ability to play at the top level but he has intelligence and good movement. He's 23 soon and has barely played a PL game so it's really now or never for him to shine.

Get In Scholesy

Positive player, but he needs to find the back of the net more often. We need goals and he's had opportunities in front of goal that he should of scored, but I'm confident that will come with continued playing time.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I don't think he was that good at all. Got a bit lucky that everyone else was that shite that the ball kept coming to him. He was bound to do something at some point. It was a good cross, but it is very telling when the best praise a player is getting is being 'positive'.

Shamwow

Stick to your guns. He won't nail down a place at United. He has talent but he is too much of a confidence player.
How can you call a player who had a poor first half and then comes on with a point to prove in the second (proving that point very well) a confidence player? A confidence player's head would have dropped by that point.

m1y2

Good second half after a poor first one but to be honest, he's been given tons of space, something the likes of Martial and Memphis have never gotten, so he was due to create something.
omg just stop this shit, Mata created absolutely nothing in the first half, Lingard tried things, end product wasn't there but at least he was trying.. wasn't poor at all, and second half he was the best player on the pitch, our best attacking force. great assist.

NinjaFletch

He makes the game look so easy.

Run at players, beat players, look for a pass.

His end product is erratic, as you'd expect, but he produces moments of real quality too. No idea how people think he's got no chance of making it. Got a damn sight better chance than Memphis imo.

Zoo

Thoroughly enjoyed his performance. Wasn't quite coming off for him in the first half but kept going and grew in confidence in the second half. Just needs a goal now.

Wade3

He seemed to get space just as often even after Martial came off so I'm not sure that's the only reason, even if it was a factor. You'd have to be blind to not see that his movement is one of his best assets.
Other people have great movement as well and don't get acres of space. The main reason is teams don't respect him, it's that simple and the first half showed why.

acnumber9

His end product on the ball hasn't been great but I like the way he takes the game to the opposition. His first thought then he gets the ball is to attack their defence.

khoazany

Altough, he was far from great but he definitely deserves to keep his place in the team.

I still have no idea why was he dribbling so much today though, it's not his game at all.
Probably because he has been looking at the caf and saw some said he can't beat a man.

Wade3

omg just stop this shit, Mata created absolutely nothing in the first half, Lingard tried things, end product wasn't there but at least he was trying.. wasn't poor at all, and second half he was the best player on the pitch, our best attacking force. great assist.
"Lingard tried things" :lol: If that was Rooney, the tone would be "He was so wasteful", which he was, as simple as that. So yes, he was poor in the first half.

If you can read, you can also see I said he turned it around in the second half, so take a chill pill.

Shamwow

Other people have great movement as well and don't get acres of space. The main reason is teams don't respect him, it's that simple and the first half showed why.
Christ give the lad some credit.

Wade3

Christ give the lad some credit.
Can you read? I said his second half was good. I'm just not gonna get overly excited just because he's an academy player.

Walters_19_MuFc

My MOTM. Yes, he was pretty wasteful at times, especially in the first half, but at least he tried to force the issue. Too many players in our team are happy to just get the ball and pop it off. We need more direct players like Lingard, especially against teams that play so deep.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
Poor first half, thought his link up and movement was pretty decent but he was so prone to a shoddy touch or losing the ball.

Turned it around in the second half.

m1y2

that's why he was doubled all the time right? :D And marked even tighter in the second half..

it's very hard to mark player with such fantastic movement all game, that's is one thing you should remember from now .-)

Status
Not open for further replies.