5.6 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

m1y2

And the Martial's miss as well if I'm not wrong?

His crossing is surprisingly consistent.
he's the best crosser in the team, always finds a teammate and has a good whip on it too...

overall pleasing performance in this despair. I can imagine being very very usefull if he had a player who he could pass to and play one two with, Darmian is just horrible, someone like Bellerin would up Lingard performance hugely, he still did very good on his own there.

EDIT

Oh and I am quite surprised that he's still yet to score, his composure is surprisingly off, he's usually very good and composed finisher but I guess it will come, he was unlucky again today..

m1y2

I still rate him higher than current Rooney and Memphis to be fair. I'm all for giving him a chance but I think it's inevitable that he will ultimately end up plying his trade at Norwich or Villa, that's all I'm saying.
he will certainly play higher than that. If anything he is atleast Everton level player in the making, if he works hard he can be vauable to us as well, already looking better than some overrated kid from Holland who we paid 30m for.. and captain fantastic.. he need a game time and good palyers around him who understand him ie. quick one-twos in which he excells.

legball

I like him, he's not the most talented, but he's smart, skillful & fearless, attributes you can't coach. He deserves more chances in the first team.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Just seems a very intelligent player. I know he's always been highly rated by the club, but I always felt that since he hadn't really made the step up by now, that he never would. Has good pace, seems very neat on the ball, and can pick out a good cross along with having a good shot, good movement, and good interplay.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
I'd rather give him and Pereira as much opportunity as possible ahead of Memphis. Both are just very smart football players even if they lack the raw eye popping physical traits, they make good decisions and most importantly circulate the ball very well if they don't see an option to attack instead of looking for the hollywood shot.

They just "get" football and have great attitude.

Šjor Bepo

Wout is love, Wout is life; all hail Wout!
I like him, he's not the most talented, but he's smart, skillful & fearless, attributes you can't coach. He deserves more chances in the first team.
depends what you count as talent.....why should dribbling count as talent and movement & decision making not?

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
depends what you count as talent.....why should dribbling count as talent and movement & decision making not?
His dribbling seems to be quite good anyways, so I wouldn't say he's not the most talented. Has a good touch and close control, along with a very good shot. Just seems a smart and technical player. He's very slight so that's a weakness, always has been for him, but he's very talented for sure.

Viral United

He look mature player and know his role very well.
I love Mata but I would say he is more suited for Right wing role in our style. His positioning is quite perfect for rigth wing player.

Rake

We should try Martial as a striker, Mata behind him and Lingard on the right.

Unlucky for the boy easily could have had 2 goals in 2 matches with a bit more luck

JoaquinJoaquin

Thought he played quite well, I'm not convinced his ceiling is much higher than an Ashley Young type player, But still a good player to have in the squad.

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006
I thought he and Pereira were our best players last night. I really hope they can both continue to build on their performances thus far and continue to get minutes in the first team.

Yorkeontop

meonbottom
I like him. A decent squad player. He doesn't have the trickery to slow things down and then go like say a Nani but he's good enough technically to get out of tight spaces.

Šjor Bepo

Wout is love, Wout is life; all hail Wout!
His dribbling seems to be quite good anyways, so I wouldn't say he's not the most talented. Has a good touch and close control, along with a very good shot. Just seems a smart and technical player. He's very slight so that's a weakness, always has been for him, but he's very talented for sure.
He isnt a dribbler, never was and i doubt he will ever be. But he did add something new to his game and thats running with the ball into space which is very useful as now he doesnt always need to look for pass and move play.
Always liked him, one of my favorite players so im very happy that he is getting the chance and by the look of things he is taking it.

legball

Not the most talented, he just doesn't have that talent you immediately see in players like Martial, Reus, Gotze etc. I didn't mention anything about dribbling.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
Am I the only annoyed by him constantly coming on for Mata?

So Van Gaal wants to use his pace in the wings, why not start with him, and play Mata in the centre attacking midfield position?

Shamwow

listens to shit music & watches Mrs Brown's Boys
Deserves a start in the next league game in my opinion. Would have preferred him to start today in place of either Rooney or Mata.

kundalini

Even when he doesn't seem to play particularly well, he is still more of a threat than the rest of our attack with the exception of Martial.

Devil may care

I didn't think he really got into the game today, by the time he came on Palace were getting a second wind in their attack.

El-Manos

Al though he is not really looking bad out there, it is quite beyond me he is getting the nod over Pereira who has outperformed him every time he had the opportunity to play.

khoazany

At least with him you know what you can get.Consistent player.Mata is a great player on his days but then went missing in many matches.

Viral United

Very good in short period of time.
Help defense and have very good sense of his position.
I think he deserve chance to start game in place of Mata.

pcaming

United are an embarrassment.
He puts in a shift, but tbh I don't think his skills are being used in the right position. Don't think he should be playing as a winger, he doesn't have the pace or dribbling ability, would be more suited to the second striker role where his movement and shooting ability would be maximized.

Scarecrow

Having a week off
I might be in the minority here but I never get the feeling that he might win us the game when he comes on. He's nice and tidy but not really very effective or dangerous. I'd rather Pereira got those minutes, to be honest.

Shamwow

listens to shit music & watches Mrs Brown's Boys
I might be in the minority here but I never get the feeling that he might win us the game when he comes on. He's nice and tidy but not really very effective or dangerous. I'd rather Pereira got those minutes, to be honest.
Despite him coming within centimetres of winning 2 of our last 3 games?

C'est Moi Cantona

He puts in a shift, but tbh I don't think his skills are being used in the right position. Don't think he should be playing as a winger, he doesn't have the pace or dribbling ability, would be more suited to the second striker role where his movement and shooting ability would be maximized.
As would Mata, the real issue is the fact we don't have a right winger, I get the impression LvG is getting sick of Mata playing there so has brought Lingard in to give it a try, but as you say Lingard isn't a right winger either.

Rotating Mata and Lingard in the number 10 role would be great to see, but then Herrera misses out, the whole front four is unbalanced.....still.

Santiago_KinderBueno

Santiago Kinder Bannedo
If anything he lacks physicality. I think that might bring out the best out of his bravery that he seems to have.

He's 22 and looks like he is still in high school.

Funnily enough; i thought the same about pogba before his move. Some players need to focus on being a man to get the best out of them and pogba's move to juventus did just that.

prateik

Didn't he play the ball in for the Martial blocked shot?
He creates something almost every game. And does his bit defensively.. and is tidy at other times.

Could something like
------------martial
Young---Mata/Ander--Lingard
work as a front 4?

Cant do much worse than what we are doing right now.
Mata moves central. Darmian gets more help if needed. Martial moves up top and Young, who looks like an attacking threat gets to play in an attacking role.

m1y2

I actually loved how he got on the pitch, full of movement and his firt touch was quick one two, never hesitates to play tidy pass. Give and go is good when you have clever players around him who are eligable to roam around or want to do it. Darmian is just dire, Valencia who doesn't posses any kind of football brain and sense for combination at least makes runs but I guess if we try Young as rb, Lingard will thrive, just needs to start more games and become accustomed to other players. I think that some of the players still wonder what is this plyer doing here, he's keeping it really simple and he's quick moving around. with Mata who always took an extra touch they weren't used to it..

but he's certinly not out of place and i'd like him to start next couple of games..

DanNistelrooy

Lineup Prediction & Last Man Standing winner 2017
Am I the only annoyed by him constantly coming on for Mata?

So Van Gaal wants to use his pace in the wings, why not start with him, and play Mata in the centre attacking midfield position?
You are not the only one. Would love to see Mata more central with pace either side of him.

J-Stander

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I actually loved how he got on the pitch, full of movement and his firt touch was quick one two, never hesitates to play tidy pass. Give and go is good when you have clever players around him who are eligable to roam around or want to do it. Darmian is just dire, Valencia who doesn't posses any kind of football brain and sense for combination at least makes runs but I guess if we try Young as rb, Lingard will thrive, just needs to start more games and become accustomed to other players. I think that some of the players still wonder what is this plyer doing here, he's keeping it really simple and he's quick moving around. with Mata who always took an extra touch they weren't used to it..

but he's certinly not out of place and i'd like him to start next couple of games..
The first thing he did when he came on was lose the ball. That's all he seems to do really. Never seen someone run down so many blind alleys.

jem

He was also a very consistent performer in the U21s.Pereira for example blew hot and cold at that level despite taking massive stride on his game last year.
Well if you're going to use Lingard's U21 performances as a way to say he's a more consistent performer, then we may as well include Mata's Chelsea performances, in which he was also very consistent and spectacular. I like Lingard, but it's ridiculous to want him starting over Mata (in my opinion, of course.)

gooDevil

Worst scout ever
Mata is a scorer, Lingard will never score like that!

But out on the right he certainly has some advantages.

Id like to see Mata at the no.10 and Lingard on the right.

m1y2

Mata is a scorer, Lingard will never score like that!

But out on the right he certainly has some advantages.

Id like to see Mata at the no.10 and Lingard on the right.
Lingard is also great goalscorer, he played as striker a lot or as second striker in the academy, then used as winger and basically anywhere around front four, he always scored during preseason, once won a "golden boot" I think druing preseason... he's go poaching qualities as well as quality shot from around the box. He weirdly showed poor coposure in finishing over the 4 games he featured in but on the other hand it is clear that he knows how to get to the chance. He was unlucky not to have at least three goals at his name.

He must transform his calmness and goalscoring record from the reserves to the first team, once he settles down I am sure he will score goals if given chance from the start. What sort of chances Mata created himself lately btw?

Status
Not open for further replies.