5.6 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

m1y2

Isn't no where near the standard we require. Would he get near the Arsenal City or Chelsea 11? I'm not sure he'd even get stripped. We need better nice little player though and will have an Eagles, Brady type career.
we need dimaria and falcao, maybe buy the best goalscorer from the dutch league, the new ronaldo.. Comparing Brady to Eagles is stupid, Brady's much better footballer and will be if he doesn't suffer from injuries like he did so far.. We gave Lingard chances over last months or so and he tok them and showed he's more capable then Mata/Rooney etc it's fecking annoying and stupid to write him off just yet especially when everybody's struggling, he will be much better in better, more aggressive system and of course if he played at his position, so far he got chances only on the wings, so critisizing a player for coming new into senior team and for being one of the brightest and actually one of the best players is not only harsh but pathetic.

I know I know, you're only judging his potential, but whats potential without reaching it, we bought Verons, Andersons, Klebersons but they for some reason weren't able to transform their ability and potential into MUFC quality performances, lets buy another player like that, so far Lingard hasnt shown he would miss anything on depay in terms of performances.. and he just came back from hamstring injury, unlike Depay who was fit but simply not good enough to start. I aggree we need to reinforce but Lingard is a great little player and if he is nowhere near the standard we require than we should sell another 20 player who were worse despite being much more experienced, overhyped and bigger stars so much "needed"

he's certainly the least of our problems...

Ish

Lights on for Luke
The problem with bringing through youngsters, especially attackers, at the moment is that our attack is complete shit. It's possibly the worst environment for grooming a youngster because as things go downhill, impatience and pressure will invariably be directed to the youngsters as well.

Ideally, you'd love to blood a couple of youngsters in a functioning team - with a strong spine and in-form senior players who can be an example to them & make their life on the pitch much easier. Currently, we lack almost all of the above. & it's a nightmare scenario for promising youngsters to step into.

Personally, I'd love for Lingard to make it at United - but I don't see his standout qualities. He's got good movement and an eye for a goal. At best, I can see him as a great squad option. Though, obviously, I hope I'm wrong!

YouOnlyLiveTwice

He isn't the most talented, but still he adds movement, desire and hard Work. Alone for those three attributes i would have him in the team at the moment.

LLMU

He gave more speed on the right than Mata. He may not be a World beater but at least he gives a performance that is at least worthy to the team.

Lawman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
we need dimaria and falcao, maybe buy the best goalscorer from the dutch league, the new ronaldo.. Comparing Brady to Eagles is stupid, Brady's much better footballer and will be if he doesn't suffer from injuries like he did so far.. We gave Lingard chances over last months or so and he tok them and showed he's more capable then Mata/Rooney etc it's fecking annoying and stupid to write him off just yet especially when everybody's struggling, he will be much better in better, more aggressive system and of course if he played at his position, so far he got chances only on the wings, so critisizing a player for coming new into senior team and for being one of the brightest and actually one of the best players is not only harsh but pathetic.

I know I know, you're only judging his potential, but whats potential without reaching it, we bought Verons, Andersons, Klebersons but they for some reason weren't able to transform their ability and potential into MUFC quality performances, lets buy another player like that, so far Lingard hasnt shown he would miss anything on depay in terms of performances.. and he just came back from hamstring injury, unlike Depay who was fit but simply not good enough to start. I aggree we need to reinforce but Lingard is a great little player and if he is nowhere near the standard we require than we should sell another 20 player who were worse despite being much more experienced, overhyped and bigger stars so much "needed"

he's certainly the least of our problems...
Firstly not sure Brady is much better than Eagles but that is your opinion but I think your under rating Eagles. Secondly I'll stand by what I say Lindergard is not of the standard we require, there is no way at this stage of his career he should be starting 10-11 games for Manchester United in a row. Not even Ronaldo got that much exposure. We bought Di Maria and loaned Falcao as they were world class players so not sure where you going with that one. Are you suggesting Jesse is better? Nani is a better player than Jesse and we got rid of him. We should have an established player in every position and the players with potential like Depay Martial McNair Adnan Jesse Wison Etc should all be dipped in and out the team. They haven't got the senior pros around them, we are actually not blooding them as they are pulling up trees. We are relying on them to get results and that's not right and in my opinion Jesse is not of the standard we need.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Firstly not sure Brady is much better than Eagles but that is your opinion but I think your under rating Eagles. Secondly I'll stand by what I say Lindergard is not of the standard we require, there is no way at this stage of his career he should be starting 10-11 games for Manchester United in a row. Not even Ronaldo got that much exposure. We bought Di Maria and loaned Falcao as they were world class players so not sure where you going with that one. Are you suggesting Jesse is better? Nani is a better player than Jesse and we got rid of him. We should have an established player in every position and the players with potential like Depay Martial McNair Adnan Jesse Wison Etc should all be dipped in and out the team. They haven't got the senior pros around them, we are actually not blooding them as they are pulling up trees. We are relying on them to get results and that's not right and in my opinion Jesse is not of the standard we need.
How did Ronaldo "not get this much exposure"?

Lingard is 22. At that stage Ronaldo was getting 50 games a season. He's not as good, of course, but he's ready to prove himself.

I'm pretty sure he hasn't had 10-11 starts in a row either.

m1y2

Agree with that, but it's not Lingard's fault that he is the only palyer with Martial who can do something and create for the team, My suggestion is that befroe we look elsewhere we should give chance to our players we already have, we bought dimaria and he was total shit, like absolute, with no attitude - ie jesse lingard was better for us so far, people with stats will come crazy now.. hope that Lindergard was just a joke. Lingard should not be no1 option ten games in a row that we agree on but if we judge players according their actual performances we should get rid of Mata, Depay, Rooney and other 10 players before Lingard, he's the least of our problems and can develop in a great palyer and I repeat for like twentieth time, he's not winger but some people will never understand and will judge him by performances there and he's done pretty good despite that it's not his position, ppl are expecting too much and once a player plays a bad game, doesn't do enough than people are all over him. So tell me what the hell is Mata doing here, what did he do to play 10 games actually can be even more in a row with the worst player in our team Rooney. People should shut up about Lingard ability cuz he just come to the team and outperformed players who should be leading us to better play and results. #annoying

Lawman

How did Ronaldo "not get this much exposure"?

Lingard is 22. At that stage Ronaldo was getting 50 games a season. He's not as good, of course, but he's ready to prove himself.

I'm pretty sure he hasn't had 10-11 starts in a row either.
In his first season Ronaldo wasn't being as relied on as much as Lingard doesn't matter age this is Jesse break through season.

Lawman

Agree with that, but it's not Lingard's fault that he is the only palyer with Martial who can do something and create for the team, My suggestion is that befroe we look elsewhere we should give chance to our players we already have, we bought dimaria and he was total shit, like absolute, with no attitude - ie jesse lingard was better for us so far, people with stats will come crazy now.. hope that Lindergard was just a joke. Lingard should not be no1 option ten games in a row that we agree on but if we judge players according their actual performances we should get rid of Mata, Depay, Rooney and other 10 players before Lingard, he's the least of our problems and can develop in a great palyer and I repeat for like twentieth time, he's not winger but some people will never understand and will judge him by performances there and he's done pretty good despite that it's not his position, ppl are expecting too much and once a player plays a bad game, doesn't do enough than people are all over him. So tell me what the hell is Mata doing here, what did he do to play 10 games actually can be even more in a row with the worst player in our team Rooney. People should shut up about Lingard ability cuz he just come to the team and outperformed players who should be leading us to better play and results. #annoying
Stop being so much of a drama queen, I am saying Jesse should not be starting week in week out for United. You agree on this? We need to buy better than Jesse Lingard that's for sure. If he becomes a good squad player then great but week in week out first team player not from what I've seen so far. If that's not his position and he plays elsewhere then he like Mata will still be judged on current performances within the team. And by the way that's no great slight on Jesse there is no way he should be a consistent starter at this stage.

khoazany

I agree. He lacks end product and intelligence. I doubt he'll make it here
You must be joking.That's his main forte.And most of the young players lack end product in their first breakthrough season.You can argue that he's a limited dribbler and creative passer though.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
In his first season Ronaldo wasn't being as relied on as much as Lingard doesn't matter age this is Jesse break through season.
Of course age matters. There's a difference between a 22-year old breaking through and an 18-year old breaking through.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
You must be joking.That's his main forte.And most of the young players lack end product in their first breakthrough season.You can argue that he's a limited dribbler and creative passer though.
Too often he runs into positions where he cant do anything anymore. He's got good off the ball movement but that's not football intelligence

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
Nice finish, but he'd been very quiet until then and was lucky not to have given away a penalty.

Walters_19_MuFc

Great finish. He's not been top class by any means, but the energy and running off the ball is making a difference, in my opinion. We've missed him.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
Agree but the difference without Mata in the team is night and day.
Meh, I wouldn't have said so until his goal. He was utterly anonymous in the early stages; the exact problem we say that Mata has. His goal was well taken though, and we might have not seen that same sort of run in the lead-up to it from Mata.

Sied

I..erm..love U2, baby?
I'm always sceptical whether a megs finish is intentional.

Lawman

Meh, I wouldn't have said so until his goal. He was utterly anonymous in the early stages; the exact problem we say that Mata has. His goal was well taken though, and we might have not seen that same sort of run in the lead-up to it from Mata.
He offers pace Cheesy as opposed to Mata who is snail like and congests our attacks!

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
He offers pace Cheesy as opposed to Mata who is snail like and congests our attacks!
Well, yeah, he offers pace when he's actually involved in the game...which I'll give him credit for with the goal. He'd offered little before that though, apart from nearly giving away a penalty.

Ibi Dreams

I'm always sceptical whether a megs finish is intentional.
Hard to tell, but he did the right thing in opening up his body and hitting it the way he did. Could have been intentional or he might have wanted it to go outside the keeper, doesn't matter as it went in!

Sied

I..erm..love U2, baby?
Hard to tell, but he did the right thing in opening up his body and hitting it the way he did. Could have been intentional or he might have wanted it to go outside the keeper, doesn't matter as it went in!
It was the opening of his body that made me wonder whether he was going for the far corner. Perhaps that was an intentional dummy to throw the keeper, we'll never know. As you say, as long as it hits the back of the net :)

Ole90+3

I think it's astonishing the lack of credit this kid gets from the majority of posters here.

It seems that if your a local lad, you are made to prove a lot more to merit starting for United than big money foreign transfers.

Lawman

Well, yeah, he offers pace when he's actually involved in the game...which I'll give him credit for with the goal. He'd offered little before that though, apart from nearly giving away a penalty.
Yep agreed

Status
Not open for further replies.