5.6 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Robbie Boy

If I had never watched United before, I'd have said that about most of our players. Fact is, I personally think it's harsh to judge him when playing under such poor management.
He's being judged in a thread that is solely about him, I think that's pretty fair. If people were creating threads solely to slate him, that wouldn't be fair, no. Yes, LvG isn't managing the team very well (understatement of the century). But fact is, Lingard has made it to 23 years of age and done wank all so far with his career; there's a reason for that. I watched him at Derby last season and he looked bang average in the Championship with Ince looking the far superior player. He's an average player at best. Nowhere near the level required.

Acole9

Outstanding
He could be a decent squad player for us under a new manager. It'll be interesting to see what becomes of him at United once we do appoint someone else for the managers job.

wiz4231

He could be a decent squad player for us under a new manager. It'll be interesting to see what becomes of him at United once we do appoint someone else for the managers job.
He'll be shipped out with the rest of the shite, Lingard, McNair, Powell, Keane, Valencia, Romero, Young, Fellaini etc

sunama

Baghdad Bob
He'll be shipped out with the rest of the shite, Lingard, McNair, Powell, Keane, Valencia, Romero, Young, Fellaini etc
Agreed 100%.
Our attack is unable to lock the defenses of teams such as Norwich and Bournemouth. That's just embarrassing.
IMO Lingard is a Championship standard player. Our problem is that we don't have anybody else available to take his place.

wiz4231

Agreed 100%.
Our attack is unable to lock the defenses of teams such as Norwich and Bournemouth. That's just embarrassing.
IMO Lingard is a Championship standard player. Our problem is that we don't have anybody else available to take his place.
True, I want to see Januzaj there in his place for now and recall Wilson, he's worth a shot there too.

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
Harsh on Valencia and Young!
It really isn't. Valencia has been OK for the last three years. In that same time, Young has been quite crap, himself.

Honestly, we don't need players who "try" and "give it their all" and have "a great attitude" yet are painfully average. I won't fault some of the performances from the likes of Young, Valencia, Fellaini et al. but we need better players to compete.

bm_5

I simply do not understand how someone could possibly compare Lingard to Memphis, Adnan, Pereira, or even Young. All of these players actually showed flashes of brilliance before they were mired in Van Gal's swamp of non-existent movement and overpassing.

Lingard has only shown no identifiable skill, no ability to cross, no dribbling skills, tremendously poor finishing and almost zero potential. Not even Pep or Mourinho could possibly save him. same goes for McNair, Blackett, BJ, Phil Jones, Rojo, Fellaini, Romero...

Rossa

He is used for his pace, but he isn't that fast. Put him up against Moreno because of his pace, and all you get is a player who is outpaced every single time. He is a clever player, but he needs to play to those strengths, not having to resort to trying to run past players, because he won't.

I think he is a decent enough player, but at this stage I would say he should be no more than a mere squad player, but we have Mata who should be ahead of him, as should Memphis, and none of them are setting the world alight.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
I love nothing more than a player graduating from the academy, but with Lingard it's very difficult to pin point exactly what it is he excels at to say he'll make it with us.

Sure, he'll score the odd goal because he gets into good positions, but to make this setup really work, you need a winger who can beat a man or create space for others by getting double marked.

dirkey

I don't care if he's local, not good enough. We need much much better.
I'm inclined to agree with this. I don't even think he's much of a squad player. Need more impact from someone who plays his position. Hopefully I'll be proven wrong.

NK86

From Ronaldo in 2008 to Lingard in 2016. Wow! No wonder we are so shite when players as useless as him keep getting picked over more talented players like Periera.

Eddy_JukeZ

He's awful. I'd rather play Memphis and hope maybe he gets going rather than Lingard who clearly isn't good enough.

eggwithsideburns

When you compare him to Martial on the other side, the difference in quality is obvious. I would rather we kept Welbeck and played him there and I wasn't even a Welbeck fan.

NK86

He is the next Danny Welbeck for us, but not as good a player as Danny was.
No where near Danny in terms of pure ability. Welbeck could run with the ball and beat his man. Lingard keeps passing it back to his FB and then passes the buck to someone else when he gets the ball back. He reminds me more of Cleverley in that both are not good enough in terms of talent and both play like cowards and without any interest in making things happen on their own.

Rykker_4united

Supports
Keep Rodgers at Pool.
Not even close to being as good as Welbeck and I am not a great fan of Welbz.
My point is he'll be the local lad who gets binned eventually and a section of fans will be up in arms about it, despite the obvious fact he isn't good enough at the top level.

Godfather

Tells a lot that a player like him is starting for us in a position we once fielded the best players in the world

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Not even the next DWelbz19, let alone the actual Danny Welbeck

J-Stander

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I'd rather re-sign David Bellion than see Lingard play for a minute longer.

Status
Not open for further replies.