Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Scarecrow

Having a week off
Baffling why he's still on the pitch. Why play him for 80 minutes when it's clear it's not his day and we've got Memphis and Januzaj on the bench?

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
I get that Depay's been a bit rubbish for us, but what has Lingard done to warrant being ahead of Januzaj in the pecking order?

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
I get that Depay's been a bit rubbish for us, but what has Lingard done to warrant being ahead of Januzaj in the pecking order?
In fairness to LVG, Januzaj is probably not fit enough and can't play wing back. Although why we're playing 3 at the back bemuses me

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
In fairness to LVG, Januzaj is probably not fit enough and can't play wing back. Although why we're playing 3 at the back bemuses me
Aye, Lingard has no merit as a wing-back either.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
He's been woeful today, he's creating nothing. Memphis isn't playing great but he'll occasionally creates something.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
He's been woeful today, he's creating nothing. Memphis isn't playing great but he'll occasionally creates something.
Memphis is never played out of position though. And literally everyone is terrible today.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Memphis is never played out of position though. And literally everyone is terrible today.
He's been poor the last few weeks. He's young so inconsistency can be expected.

Zoo

I know Jesse is not a wingback but even Antonio Valencia would laugh at his crossing today. Awful.

Devil may care

Had a stinker today, he was playing out of position but that doesn't excuse how many simple basics he failed to get right.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Couldn't cross at a set of traffic lights today.

Dobba

Fantastic performance. A real shame Van Gaal insisted on calling his mother a slapper, over the PA system, everytime he got the ball to put him off. He'd have been all over those highly technical facets of the game like passing the ball to a team mate without his insults.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Barca/Bayern/Real are pissing themselves watching Man Utd insisting on Lingard.

Robbie Boy

Played out of position and had an awful game. Shock!
Yeah let's excuse the fact that he couldn't do basic football things right because he was played out of position. He's also looked rather hopeless and mediocre while playing in his actual position.

m1y2

he played as wingback, which is restricted position, wasnt a good game for him but still level above rooney.. And you people are really shambles some of you, try Blind as left winger and you'l see his limitations, try Martial as leftback and see how he copes with the role... Lingard is CAM but obviously that chimp who supposed to be our manager doesnt know shit about football and tries everything he can to keep that joke captain in the team and we are stacked there. Try him in three man midfield in more fluid system with good pressing and he will thrive, this is just really stupid to keep him wide where he's quite limited

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
he played as wingback, which is restricted position, wasnt a good game for him but still level above rooney.. And you people are really shambles some of you, try Blind as left winger and you'l see his limitations, try Martial as leftback and see how he copes with the role... Lingard is CAM but obviously that chimp who supposed to be our manager doesnt know shit about football and tries everything he can to keep that joke captain in the team and we are stacked there. Try him in three man midfield in more fluid system with good pressing and he will thrive, this is just really stupid to keep him wide where he's quite limited
I fail to understand how playing at wing back can make you automatically cross so poorly. I'm sure but I don't see it.

Anduin

I'll just repeat what I said in the Matchday thread: As harsh it may sound, as long as players like Jesse are starting for Manchester fecking United we're in big trouble. He's nowhere near good enough and should be playing at a Premier League club battling relegation or a very good Championship team. A squad player at the very best, the only thing he has on his side is him coming from our academy.

If Bebe or Obertan had put in such a 'crossing show' we'd never stop laughing and have compilations showing their shitness...

m1y2

I fail to understand how playing at wing back can make you automatically cross so poorly. I'm sure but I don't see it.
he has a great cross on him, he showed it many times before, he tried to put it in with pace, didnt work out this game, if two crosses means get rid of not good enough for this club etc than a person who thinks this should really get a grip

Walters_19_MuFc

Yeah let's excuse the fact that he couldn't do basic football things right because he was played out of position. He's also looked rather hopeless and mediocre while playing in his actual position.
Lets also excuse the fact that a lot of our players struggle to do 'basic football things' right because they're playing in a team that has next to nothing movement. See Young's performance for Liverpool last week before he got injured and you'll know i'm talking about.

Played out of position for 5 minutes?
Nope.

And what position has he ever excelled in?

He's as average as they come. The only thing he offers is that he can run fast from time to time.
Well, he's been a lot more threatening as a winger, no? As soon as he come back from injury, he was brought straight back into the team for a reason.

I thought he looked great in his first pre season but i can't remember the last time he took someone on, which is worrying for a supposedly quick and skilful winger/forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.