5.6 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

drdoityourself

He offers some pace on the right wing which is much needed and therefor we sometimes look better with him in the team. But other than that, there isn't much about his game that says he'll make it here. Already at 23 I'm not convinced he has more to offer than he has already shown. I'm hoping Januzaj can bring something more to this position when he's reached full fitness.

NK86

Really frustrating two games - Newcastle and Liverpool. I was hoping he would add more directness to our attack. On the contrary, he is not really able to handle pressing and his passing is nothing to write home about. Really don't know what else he offers right now to make him a started for us. If he improves his finishing, then maybe a squad role would suit him more.

Crashoutcassius

He offers some pace on the right wing which is much needed and therefor we sometimes look better with him in the team. But other than that, there isn't much about his game that says he'll make it here. Already at 23 I'm not convinced he has more to offer than he has already shown. I'm hoping Januzaj can bring something more to this position when he's reached full fitness.
he is actually a really cool finisher. You'd expect that to come in to his game eventually. Won't ever be stronger but might be more confident. Wouldn't write him off

Djemba-Djemba

he is actually a really cool finisher. You'd expect that to come in to his game eventually. Won't ever be stronger but might be more confident. Wouldn't write him off
Really? His finishing this season has been abject, he's missed a lot of really good chances. Some crucial ones too, that one against PSV at home springs to mind.

I don't think he's ever going to be a natural finisher, he really reminds me of Welbeck.

In Rainbows

Really? His finishing this season has been abject, he's missed a lot of really good chances. Some crucial ones too, that one against PSV at home springs to mind.

I don't think he's ever going to be a natural finisher, he really reminds me of Welbeck.
Honestly, that was his one great quality at youth level. That and his maturity at youth level.

criticalanalysis

I mean this as a compliment and as a criticism too but in a better Utd team he could be 'our' Pedro.

He's definitely worth keeping around. He's not going to get into a top 4 team anytime soon and why go middle table if you can hang around Utd and become a good option first team or bench?

Golden Nugget

He was awful against Liverpool, but I'm really surprised at the criticism form the last 2 pages. Given that it's his first proper chance at the club, I don't think he's done too badly. His finishing has been poor - but his movement is great and works hard attacking wise. (He's usually works hard defensively too, but there has been a few moments).

One thing I do agree on is that he needs to cut off a bit of arrogance - passing and finishing can be a little sloppy at times.

He's not going to be a star for us, but he could be a good squad player for us in the future.

ravi2

He kinda reminds me of kieran Richardson, except he seems less talented.

Red71

He kinda reminds me of kieran Richardson, except he seems less talented.
Ouch.....!!! He is more talented than that although he has looked sloppy the last few games he's played.

I think he is a good little player but needs to demonstrate that more regularly than he has done. He has to try and do everything he's good but in a higher gear than he's used to. The pace of the PL is brutal and you don't get the sort of time you'd get in the 21's or indeed even the Championship. He's been brought up the right way which means that his technique is solid so he should be able to adapt eventually. He needs patience.....

Hostekule

Ouch.....!!! He is more talented than that although he has looked sloppy the last few games he's played.

I think he is a good little player but needs to demonstrate that more regularly than he has done. He has to try and do everything he's good but in a higher gear than he's used to. The pace of the PL is brutal and you don't get the sort of time you'd get in the 21's or indeed even the Championship. He's been brought up the right way which means that his technique is solid so he should be able to adapt eventually. He needs patience.....
He's 23 years old though. He'll never become good enough to play for us unless we keep lowering our standards.

Stobzilla

Official Team Perv
He's 23 years old though. He'll never become good enough to play for us unless we keep lowering our standards.
Age for him isn't really that important, he was never in the plans until he filled out a bit and Ferguson had ear marked him to be ready around last season, which he missed most of owing to injury.

ottosec

Don't know how he keeps starting, he's been dog shit in the last games he played.

m1y2

Don't know how he keeps starting, he's been dog shit in the last games he played.
he's been shit last game, he deserves to show he can be good again. You don't bench player after one bad game, it wouldn't be a good management. You could ask questions about Rooney and Fellaini starting every game but it is Lingard who is critisized the most it seems and he just had one bad game. fecking hell

m1y2

he's been shit last game, he deserves to show he can be good again. You don't bench player after one bad game, it wouldn't be a good management. You could ask questions about Rooney and Fellaini starting every game but it is Lingard who is critisized the most it seems and he just had one bad game. fecking hell
apart that he's done well in terms of defensive duties, provides movement of the ball all the time and good pressing which Memphis showed maybe in one game, so in that matter I am not surprised he sits on the bench as you never know how he can let you down..let alone his very inconsistent end product

SkeppyRed

Lineups Game Winner 2012/13
Its obvious why he keeps starting. His change of pace, intelligent movement and good work rate gives all our attacking players more space. We are simply a more threatening team when he is in it.

I've enjoyed watching him this season even if his finishing has driven me mad. At 23 he's still a long way off his peak.

ottosec

He was also terrible against Newcastle.

m1y2

He was also terrible against Newcastle.
Didn't he score? How was that terrible? Nobody questioned Rooney who was bloody average but scored a brace, one from a spotkick and missed another three sitters which could give us three points as much as Lingard's miss.

He will be MOTM today.-)

facund

At the moment Lingard is neither the problem nor solution regarding our current woes. What he is, is a versatile player with decent technique, great work-rate/team-work, discipline to play to a specified role and good game intelligence with regards movement and space. These qualities alone make him a fantastic squad option where he could potentially fill in anywhere from #8 (in a different system) and beyond. He may never nail down a starting place but his solid base will allow him to contribute to the team in a variety of positions.

His finishing has been a bit ropey, much to my surprise, but only Martial and Rooney have outscored him since he broke in to the team. That is not justification in itself but maybe goes to show why he is keeping Mata and Depay out of the team some of the time. Both have been shown the same, if not more, patience than Jesse and have failed to capitalise. Jesse has only really played in what has been a severely struggling team and early on was one of the few bright sparks in our performances.

He has not looked quite as sharp since returning from injury but hopefully he can find his rhythm and confidence again. It can't be easy playing your first season in the PL when the team is so brittle and under such scrutiny but he always struck me as someone with the right attitude to push through. I actually think he is good for 8-10 goals this season if he continues to get similar playing time.

Shamwow

listens to shit music & watches Mrs Brown's Boys
I swear a lot of people have actually forgotten that he scored a nice goal against Newcastle because he missed a sitter as well.

J-Stander

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Nowhere near good enough for this great club. Should be playing for some championship cannon fodder at best.

Classical Mechanic

I thought that he might develop but he basically needs a lazy defender and loads of space to be effective. If the defence and midfield are strong and tight he is just too weak.

prateik

He is playing as a wing back.. did that performance really stand out as being poor?

caisenma

I ♥ Adnan
To be fair to him, he's not a wingback. Noone in our squad would play his role any better.

It's just a shit system full stop.

Nevertheless, he's been sloppy in possession and not doing himself any favours.

Šjor Bepo

Wout is love, Wout is life; all hail Wout!
out of all the players out there are people really slating Lingard for this performance!? He is playing out of position and is still one of the better players out there(not that this is achievement as most of them are poor).....

JoaquinJoaquin

To be fair to him, he's not a wingback. Noone in our squad would play his role any better.

It's just a shit system full stop.

Nevertheless, he's been sloppy in possession and not doing himself any favours.
He is just shit, full stop.

acnumber9

No idea why he's playing after that performance last week. Mata did more in two minutes than he did in 70.

Scorpy

Absolutely crapping it and loving it!
Far from good enough. He's been absolutely clueless since his goal against Newcastle.

Status
Not open for further replies.