Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.
Man Utd 3:0 Stoke

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
I've said for a long, long time that he's nowhere good enough. For me he's a) not got the ability at present, and b) broken into the first team too late.

Empire

So F****** glad he scored, how much I've defended this guy, the amount of hate he gets on here and then reading the pre match thread after the line ups were announced, so many couldn't understand why he started along with Fellaini.

Like Louis van Gaal said, hate the manager if you want to hate him but support the players.

This guy may not be Depay or Martial potential but he could do a pedro if he works hard, against all odds make it into our squad and prove to be a good player.

And if he doesn't then he doesn't, at least support him while he gets his chance, Louis van Gaal has a strong youth record and if he sees something then we've got to give Lingard his chance.

SSSSnake

So F****** glad he scored, how much I've defended this guy, the amount of hate he gets on here and then reading the pre match thread after the line ups were announced, so many couldn't understand why he started along with Fellaini.

Like Louis van Gaal said, hate the manager if you want to hate him but support the players.

This guy may not be Depay or Martial potential but he could do a pedro if he works hard, against all odds make it into our squad and prove to be a good player.

And if he doesn't then he doesn't, at least support him while he gets his chance, Louis van Gaal has a strong youth record and if he sees something then we've got to give Lingard his chance.
My feelings exactly. His work rate alone should give him a starting place. He's scoring and providing assists and he works his socks off. So sad to see all the comments about him. No one wants to give him a chance.

SSSSnake

I'd pick him because he is now a regular starter and isn't good enough regardless of his age (he is 23 by the way, not 18-19).

He is average (Championship level) and we have far too much average in the squad at the moment, hence my comment and why we are regularly being beaten by so called 'inferior' teams.
An average championship player? Well judged on his first break through season. Oh is that him on the score sheet again?

JoaquinJoaquin

An average championship player? Well judged on his first break through season. Oh is that him on the score sheet again?
Didn't you learn your lesson after mouthing off last time? Then you suddenly went quiet when it turned out he was pretty crap after all. He has scored a nice goal, hasn't set the game on fire, hold your horses.

NinjaFletch

Didn't you learn your lesson after mouthing off last time? Then you suddenly went quiet when it turned out he was pretty crap after all. He has scored a nice goal, hasn't set the game on fire, hold your horses.
Crap after all? :lol:

You make it sound like he's playing his 160th game for us not his 16th.

JoaquinJoaquin

Crap after all? :lol:

You make it sound like he's playing his 160th game for us not his 16th.
Well out of the 16 games he has played he has had what say 2-3 good games? Hardly groundbreaking stuff. Hopefully I've reverse psychologied him and he will turn into this world class player that the poster above is convinced he is.

Owngoalscorer

My feelings exactly. His work rate alone should give him a starting place. He's scoring and providing assists and he works his socks off. So sad to see all the comments about him. No one wants to give him a chance.
Even this won't shut the muppets up !
Kid has been at Utd since the age of 9 - thoroughly deserves his chance - and I for one am so happy he's taking it ...
Pep signing for City might have an upside in taking a few of the pompom girls off here and over to the neighbours ;)

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best

Good post

This thread and some comments on Lingard these pass few weeks are fecking awful

3 goals and 2 assists in this team in poor form takes some doing

JoaquinJoaquin

Even this won't shut the muppets up !
Kid has been at Utd since the age of 9 - thoroughly deserves his chance - and I for one am so happy he's taking it ...
Pep signing for City might have an upside in taking a few of the pompom girls off here and over to the neighbours ;)
Muppets because they have a different opinion to yourself? Isn't that the point of a forum.

Still alot to be proven yet, whether thats Lingard being a success that you believe or him not being good enough in the long run which I do. Doesn't mean anyone is a 'muppet' for having a different opinion.

Halftrack

What a shitty header from a shitty player.
Feck off, yeah?

Shades of Darron Gibson, this. Decent young player who might not be good enough to secure himself a future, but still gives his all every time he's on the pitch. Proceeds to get abused and hated on by "supporters" for the crime of being given games by the manager.

Muppets because they have a different opinion to yourself? Isn't that the point of a forum.

Still alot to be proven yet, whether thats Lingard being a success that you believe or him not being good enough in the long run which I do. Doesn't mean anyone is a 'muppet' for having a different opinion.
I don't think he's referring to people who are content with stating that he's not good enough, I think he's more referring to the people who go on about him being a "shitty" or "awful" player, and/or ridiculing him for his lack of ability.

NinjaFletch

Feck off, yeah?

Shades of Darron Gibson, this. Decent young player who might not be good enough to secure himself a future, but still gives his all every time he's on the pitch. Proceeds to get abused and hated on by "supporters" for the crime of being given games by the manager.

I don't think he's referring to people who are content with stating that he's not good enough, I think he's more referring to the people who go on about him being a "shitty" or "awful" player, and/or ridiculing him for his lack of ability.
Pretty sure the first guy was being sarcastic given he posted it just after Lingard scored.

m1y2

Yeah people in this thread are so hilarious at best, he's young player who against all odds got into first team and did well despite didnt given chance in his best position yet.

Won like 5 freekicks and worked hard all game to, he's one touch player who needs players around him and so he can combine and create, he's completely different to Martial and ppl try to compare him with the frenchman, incredibly stupid...

Hed Zitin

Finally he's there at the back post. We've had so many crosses go there game after game and no one is there to meet it. Delighted for him.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Goal like this one injects massive dose of confidence and he really needed that after his previous performances.

Lawman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Yeah people in this thread are so hilarious at best, he's young player who against all odds got into first team and did well despite didnt given chance in his best position yet.

Won like 5 freekicks and worked hard all game to, he's one touch player who needs players around him and so he can combine and create, he's completely different to Martial and ppl try to compare him with the frenchman, incredibly stupid...
Beginning to think your related to him! Your love for him is way ott

Devil may care

Good movement and finish for his goal, he's clearly a limited attacker and not a long term solution on the RW, but you need reliable squad players and I still think he can be that, kind of a new Park.

mufcwarm92

Brilliant to see him quiet down some of the absolute tarts in this thread. Good performance again.

dirkey

Nice goal. Had a decent game, didn't stand out etc, but his goal was key to this performance. Many games we've started well this season for 15/20 minutes, but once the goal hasn't come, performance has faltered. As @Hed Zitin says above, plenty of crosses to these areas this season without players attacking them. Nice work from Jesse to do so. I said previously that I don't imagine him making it as a squad player, but hope to be proven wrong. Well, that's a nice start, good lad.

SSSSnake

It just pleases me everytime he's getting on the score sheet sticking it to all you haters. Learn to support your team and players.

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
I don't know if he's best on the wing or centrally? I think the same about Adnan mind you. Took his goal really well and pleased for him. There is end product in him and we need to keep at him to keep improving. An assist and a goal in the last two games! Hope he maintains that form.

Sylar

So glad he scored, hes had some weird criticism towards him.

mattsville

He is a fantastic naturally confident player, he makes things happen all the time in the final 3rd, he is going to be a great player for us.

Bwuk

Think he's the sort of player who'll probably always get half decent numbers but doesn't have any outstanding qualities bar perhaps his work rate. A grafter.

He played well tonight though. I hope he proves me wrong.

Acole9

Outstanding

Good post, I'm really glad he got on the score sheet today too.

Šjor Bepo

Wout is love, Wout is life; all hail Wout!
Think he's the sort of player who'll probably always get half decent numbers but doesn't have any outstanding qualities bar perhaps his work rate. A grafter
He has best off the ball movement in the club. If he keeps working hard and doesnt became overconfident he will always have a place in our squad. Lovely player to watch when on form - eat, sleep, pass and move :drool:

Henrik Larsson

Still logged in at RAWK (help!)
Really good goal actually, have seen many non strikers feck up chances like that. Gave an assist the other day while playing poorly. Good weight on some simple passes that many bad players always mess up, perhaps not everyone has noticed that. Works very hard on top of that, what's not to like?

He really is a pretty good player and my guess is we'll be very happy to have him in our squad over the next couple of years. Who cares about his age anyway - look at Vardy. Besides, he has a fragile built which has obviously hindered him, with some injuries thrown in the mix, was on loan. And he has only just turned 23 last month.

Didn't Van Gaal play him against Swansea in his first PL match as United coach by the way? Which means he clearly rated him, Jesse was only 21 years of age back then if I'm not mistaken.

Walters_19_MuFc

He often gets into goalscoring positions, doesn't he? Hasn't scored a lot of goals, but he took his goal really well tonight, after a super cross from Borthwick Jackson. Good game from Jesse.

VivaObertan

Transfer Voyeur
Always happy to see a youth player in our starting XI. Don't understand how our own fans can be so critical of a local lad who is giving 100% every single time he puts on the shirt.

I'd much rather United have Lingard than someone like Di Maria, irrespective of their talent.

Gerald G

His off the ball movement is excellent. He gets into great positions but if I'm being very honest, he is limited.

I don't think he will be a long term regular in the team because I just don't think he has the ability to do so. However, he works hard and it looks like he follows Van Gaal's instructions directly.

I would still prefer Memphis or Januzaj getting a chance on the right though. As I feel if we can get them playing well we would be a much better attacking team.

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
Not a bad performance from the worst player to have played for United. Ever.

mav_9me

Good movement and finish for his goal, he's clearly a limited attacker and not a long term solution on the RW, but you need reliable squad players and I still think he can be that, kind of a new Park.
His intelligence, movement combined with a good work ethic and disciplined defensive work should give him a place in our squad. Would definitely have been in Fergie's squads.

Status
Not open for further replies.