Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stobzilla

Official Team Perv
He had a good showing last night, one thing that was telling was his defensive contribution in the second half, him and Darmian hardly gave Arnautovic a moments peace and on a left side of Stoke's containing him and Pieters, neither were found wanting physically. I would like to see how much running he got through because it seemed like he was always closing down.

ravi2

He's just the sort of player we need, just a shame he's not of the required quality for a Man Utd first teamer. At least he shouldn't be.

Still, lively player, good squad player. I like him.

exactly this....imagine if we got a fantastic RW in the squad.

drdoityourself

i think lingard is getting slighted by fans who are wanting/hoping to see memphis or januzaj given a shot. if neither of those were available, i'd suspect people would be a bit more forgiving of him.

then again, what do i know...

Yes, on my part I admit I rate their potential higher and would like them to get more game time than Lingard. That's probably why I haven't taken to him.

He had a good game yesterday, everybody did. He has good movement and good workrate. But still I felt the other three attacking players were better. Maybe he can push on and build on this performance, I just can't see him being a starter here for years to come.
He could be a squad player here but we need a player a tier above him to be a regular in that RW role. Look at the left wing, the directness and quality that can unsettle a defence any time the ball is there. I feel the RW position is the most important one to fill going forward, a threat on both wings stretches defences and opens up spaces.

caisenma

I ♥ Adnan
Yes, on my part I admit I rate their potential higher and would like them to get more game time than Lingard. That's probably why I haven't taken to him.

He had a good game yesterday, everybody did. He has good movement and good workrate. But still I felt the other three attacking players were better. Maybe he can push on and build on this performance, I just can't see him being a starter here for years to come.
He could be a squad player here but we need a player a tier above him to be a regular in that RW role. Look at the left wing, the directness and quality that can unsettle a defence any time the ball is there. I feel the RW position is the most important one to fill going forward, a threat on both wings stretches defences and opens up spaces.
i agree, but then again i'm admittedly biased in favour of adnan. i see far more potential for him when he isn't limited to five minute cameos playing left back.

J-Stander

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I love seeing him succeed. He will be an excellent member of our first team squad for years to come.
He might be in the squad but no way should be starting for us next season. Our RW options are limited at the moment so it's fair enough but he's nowhere near the required standard to regularly start for us.

Gerald G

He is better on the left than he is on the right. He hadn't even played much on the right in his youth days. He predominantly played no.10 or on the left.

I don't know what it is but when he plays on the right he doesn't seem to take anyone on at all. His movement is still good from that side and he works hard and tracks back well but I don't think he does enough going forward when playing on the right.

I personally would like to see Memphis or Januzaj given a go on the right but LVG seems to like him there it seems.

Lawman

He is better on the left than he is on the right. He hadn't even played much on the right in his youth days. He predominantly played no.10 or on the left.

I don't know what it is but when he plays on the right he doesn't seem to take anyone on at all. His movement is still good from that side and he works hard and tracks back well but I don't think he does enough going forward when playing on the right.

I personally would like to see Memphis or Januzaj given a go on the right but LVG seems to like him there it seems.
I think it's through more of a need at the moment. If we had a Mane or a Moura imoJesse would be out.

Hal9000

Think that's the difference between Lingaard and Memphis/Januzaj and probably the reason Nani was let go. Lingaard actually tracks back and works for the team and LVG likes that in his players.

That's why he's getting the nod. Attacking ability, he certainly not the best in the bunch, but his overall contribution is far better.

Mainoldo

Every good team needs a Lingard. He reminds me of your Pedro type player. As far as I'm concerned the Memphis and Adnan have a better chance of replacing Martial if they want minutes. We all know that ain't going to happen.

Proud of Lingard though. Hope he keeps it up and stays in the team until the end of the season.

m1y2

I thought he was average. He's on the wing, has pace, yet never troubles his full back. He attempted zero take ons today. He has no particularly special qualities. Good work rate and that's about it. He's an average player really.

Good he scored, although his marker just stood still.

I'll probably get tons of negative comments for what I've said, but be honest with yourselves... if he was playing for Arsenal or City would any of you rate him?

Not that we have much better options on the wing, but if we finally do get our act together he should be sold really. At best he's a squad player.
I think you should watch some sport which is not that hard to understand, like darts.. it's really appalling how some people can't see what he brings into the mix, he's not a world class player but very good player indeed, also very consistent performer and with hardwork avoiding injuries he can have career with us like Fletcher had who at his peak was fantastic player to have and everybody thought he was not good enough.

Not everyone is strong dribbler like Martial who is currently one of the best young players in the world hitting wonderful form.. players have different qualities than dribbling which is obviously flashy skill which catches the eye, last time Mata took on a player? Never

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
If his finishing was even a little bit better then he'd scored atleast three four goals more. He gets into very good goal scoring positions, just need to improve finishing.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
If his finishing was even a little bit better then he'd scored atleast three four goals more. He gets into very good goal scoring positions, just need to improve finishing.

Ryan7

I think you should watch some sport which is not that hard to understand, like darts.. it's really appalling how some people can't see what he brings into the mix, he's not a world class player but very good player indeed, also very consistent performer and with hardwork avoiding injuries he can have career with us like Fletcher had who at his peak was fantastic player to have and everybody thought he was not good enough.

Not everyone is strong dribbler like Martial who is currently one of the best young players in the world hitting wonderful form.. players have different qualities than dribbling which is obviously flashy skill which catches the eye, last time Mata took on a player? Never
First off, don't act you're an expert in the sporting field by telling me to watch a sport that's easier to 'understand'. Like myself, you're a nobody, not some former player with medals to his name. I'm not the only one who doesn't rate Lingard. I guess we should all watch Darts as we can't see whatever it is he supposedly brings?

Second of all I feel he brings very little, end of. That's my opinion. He does nothing out of the ordinary. Yeah, it's so appalling that people can't see this 'very good player' who brings so much... yet does so little. He didn't even attempt to take a man on against Stoke. He's average to decent, imo. We need far better than him on the wing to get anywhere.

If we ask the supporters of other teams on this forum do you really many of them would take him at their respective teams?

Cutch

Northern Ireland. Stretty W3102, Row 2, Seat 129
First off, don't act you're an expert in the sporting field by telling me to watch a sport that's easier to 'understand'. Like myself, you're a nobody, not some former player with medals to his name. I'm not the only one who doesn't rate Lingard. I guess we should all watch Darts as we can't see whatever it is he supposedly brings?

Second of all I feel he brings very little, end of. That's my opinion. He does nothing out of the ordinary. Yeah, it's so appalling that people can't see this 'very good player' who brings so much... yet does so little. He didn't even attempt to take a man on against Stoke. He's average to decent, imo. We need far better than him on the wing to get anywhere.

If we ask the supporters of other teams on this forum do you really many of them would take him at their respective teams?
This is my main problem with him. He's a tidy enough player but doesnt seem to have the beating of a man at all, and we can't rely solely on Martial to be the man to run at and commit players. When Martial has an off day as we have seen we really struggle to break down defences.

Šjor Bepo

Wout is love, Wout is life; all hail Wout!

this
He offers so much to the team and we play much better football when he is in the side, but hey....he isnt a dribbler nor a great goalscorer so he must be average. If he doesnt became overconfident and he keeps playing same as he is playing now he will always have a spot in our squad.
Best movement in the squad(of course half the fans dont see it, probably the same people that slated Carrick back in the day when his passing wasnt on a high level(he still contributed so much to the team because he is much more then a quality passer)), works hard, good technique, good decision making and pretty composed in possession. He is probably the ideal team player, pretty sure everyone enjoys playing with him.

m1y2

you're just stupid little asshole who never kicked a football, it would be even more stupid to try to lead an argument with you, I tried to explain, give you a hint how to evaluate a player yet you just do the same mistake again... Smalling is fecking cnut as he cant take on a player, sell him to China, defo not good enough.. this is not Fifa mate, you jsut dont hold sprint and go past players, its a team game and every player is a part of it.

And by the fecking way, why in the hell would I need to win medals and have a name to understand game of football.. there are some terrible pundits out there as well who won almost everything

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
His first breakthrough season. His current performance elevates him into a good squad member. Injury permitted, it is next season where he should be able to fully release his potential, and spectators to make proper judgement.

Ryan7

you're just stupid little asshole who never kicked a football, it would be even more stupid to try to lead an argument with you, I tried to explain, give you a hint how to evaluate a player yet you just do the same mistake again... Smalling is fecking cnut as he cant take on a player, sell him to China, defo not good enough.. this is not Fifa mate, you jsut dont hold sprint and go past players, its a team game and every player is a part of it.

And by the fecking way, why in the hell would I need to win medals and have a name to understand game of football.. there are some terrible pundits out there as well who won almost everything
:lol::lol: Getting all wound up over a footballer. Take a chill pill, you dingbat. 'A hint how to evaluate a player' as if you're an expert. Lingard is a winger and fails to beat men, the comparison to Smalling is just stupid. Of course, I'm not surprised you'd come out with it.

There is more than me who doesn't rate Lingard. I guess you better tell them how to evaluate a player as we all clearly don't analyse expertly.

Stop acting like an expert. You're just a no mark forum poster like us all, not some expert analyser.

dirkey

Couple of very arrogant posts in a row from you. What is that saying... Attack the post, not the poster.

dirkey

Who exactly is doing well out of the forward line? Mata, non existent. Rooney? Given the ball away every time he's had it. Martial has tried running at them alright, but has then given the ball away quite often. Why single Lingard out?

Lawman

Who exactly is doing well out of the forward line? Mata, non existent. Rooney? Given the ball away every time he's had it. Martial has tried running at them alright, but has then given the ball away quite often. Why single Lingard out?
Mata has played well as has Martial. Rooney has not got the legs to run the channels but is linking up ok. Every time Lingard gets the ball it backwards and side wards. He's kidding himself on out there. His best chance is getting on the end of a cross as everywhere else he's stone average. Never United standard CBJ is looking like how a youngster should coming through the ranks (desire and hunger and plenty ability) Lingard looks afraid to do anything either that he hasn't got it in his locker.

Bojan11

Nothing player. He'd get a few goals here and there. But he is literally no threat.

dirkey

Mata has played well as has Martial. Rooney has not got the legs to run the channels but is linking up ok. Every time Lingard gets the ball it backwards and side wards. He's kidding himself on out there. His best chance is getting on the end of a cross as everywhere else he's stone average. Never United standard CBJ is looking like how a youngster should coming through the ranks (desire and hunger and plenty ability) Lingard looks afraid to do anything either that he hasn't got it in his locker.
Mata has been an absolute passenger. Done nothing. Martial has run at them a bit but given the ball away very badly a few times, so I don't think you can say he's played well. Rooney has given the ball away nearly every time he's had it! Lingard has at least kept the ball, and most of our decent play came down the right side between he and Darmian.

WyoManU

Doesn't offer nearly enough for me. I am all for our youth players getting their chance, but Lingard is not that young. I can't see him becoming a better player than what he is offering now which is one dimensional. It's a shame but we have to get our attack sorted.

Ryan7

Nothing player. He'd get a few goals here and there. But he is literally no threat.
My thoughts exactly. Along with a nice flick on every now and then. He's basically no threat whatsoever. He epitomises average.

Status
Not open for further replies.