5.6 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Norris

You think I am basing it only on yesterday's game? I don't care for his finishing at youth level as that is where players score 4-5 goals many times.
I get what you are saying, but it's not that bad either. Truth is we hardly get one clear cut opportunity per game all season. We have seen even veterans like Mata, Rooney miss some simple finishes. So to single that aspect out from his footballing side seems a little unfair.

His crossing is decent when he first broke through however it has quickly been Valenciaized.Something is very wrong with all the crossing and set pieces training with almost all of our players getting worse on those aspects.
Hmm, but then you should expect that to happen to Borthwick-Jackson or Young's crosses (Even though Young never ever looks up when he crosses, many of his crosses are decent) as well. Most of the time Lingard is never in a good position to deliver a cross is what I am thinking. He hardly takes the ball to the byline and always prefers being in the box while the likes of the RB and No 10 sort out how to get the ball to the byline.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Aye like Januzaj is the answer. Potential yes, a long long long way from proving he can play consistently at this level.
Doesn't matter given we have nooone with any consistency in that position anyway.

drdoityourself

Think he gets far to much undeserved criticism on here.
He is now one of the first names on the team sheet. He plays in one of the forward roles, yet he doesn't create nearly enough chances or have the ability to beat a man and shake things up a bit. When you're an automatic starter at this club you should be judged as such, and what I've seen is simply far from good enough.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
He works his hardest and always tries, but everything he does is just plain average IMO. He will be a good squad player for us in the future, when we need to rest people or mix it about he can do the job, but if we want to take over Europe again we need better players. He and Mata should not be in our starting 11.

Mainoldo

He works his hardest and always tries, but everything he does is just plain average IMO. He will be a good squad player for us in the future, when we need to rest people or mix it about he can do the job, but if we want to take over Europe again we need better players. He and Mata should not be in our starting 11.
I think if we want to takeover Europe he's exactly what we need. He will only get better! Offers a lot of work rate and he can play abit in the final third. He just needs a better functioning team around him.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I think if we want to takeover Europe he's exactly what we need. He will only get better! Offers a lot of work rate and he can play abit in the final third. He just needs a better functioning team around him.
I don't think he will get better to be honest. In my eyes he's at the limit of his potential, that's not to say he is a bad player though. on his day he can be very effective, I just think he will always be an average player rather than the top bracket. He will get plenty of minutes with us in the 3 behind the striker throughout a season.

Mainoldo

I don't think he will get better to be honest. In my eyes he's at the limit of his potential, that's not to say he is a bad player though. on his day he can be very effective, I just think he will always be an average player rather than the top bracket. He will get plenty of minutes with us in the 3 behind the striker throughout a season.
He just reminds me of a frank lampard. He just needs to work on his attributes. Very limited players have become top tier.

dirkey

I love how Lingard got over there in the City player's faces when they were pushing Rashford after the blatant penalty which wasn't given. That's what I want in a teammate. Well done Jesse.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Good stuff from him again today.

Also loved seeing him run over to stick up for Rashford getting pushed around a bit, good lad.

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best

Also loved seeing him run over to stick up for Rashford getting pushed around a bit, good lad.
Agreed. He gets such a hard time

But although he doesn't always influence a game he rarely is poor

Golden Nugget

Lovely. I'm sick of tired of our players getting bullied - great to see Jesse sticking up for young Rashford.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
I love how Lingard got over there in the City player's faces when they were pushing Rashford after the blatant penalty which wasn't given. That's what I want in a teammate. Well done Jesse.

Yep, noticed that too. Others acting like bunch of pussies.

m1y2

he lacks a bit of quality with his final pass but it's actually refreshing to see a player who likes to run around that no10 position, make some runs and picking pockets, also great tracking back down yaya, that is one of the reasons he's there

Classical Mechanic

he lacks a bit of quality with his final pass but it's actually refreshing to see a player who likes to run around that no10 position, make some runs and picking pockets, also great tracking back down yaya, that is one of the reasons he's there
Aye, the final ball really lets him down when he is moving at pace.

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form
The quality of his touches and dribbles drops off quite heavily when he's fatigued. I'd argue that it's the most of any of our other players.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Only criticism of him today is his fitness, he falls away late into games.

That said, he puts some running in early on. Maybe needs to find a happy medium if he can't increase his stamina.

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United

That said, he puts some running in early on. Maybe needs to find a happy medium if he can't increase his stamina.
He was everywhere at the end. Popping up at left back, right back and on the wings.

Great defensive performance.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout

He always seems to panic a bit towards the end of games when we're defending... like he thinks the only thing he can do is hoof it aimlessly. He just needs to be a bit more composed.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
He was everywhere at the end. Popping up at left back, right back and on the wings.

He gets about but he's noticeably knackered and it affects his touch etc.

Not trying to diminish his performance, he had a very good game.

FromTheBench

He was all over the place today it seemed to me atleast defensively in the 2nd half. Tracking runners deep and intercepting even.

Problem is he gets so deep defensively that he doesn't get involved attacking wise then and doesn't have that much ball carrying ability in tight areas.

His stamina and workrate are great but he's average otherwise. Sort of a Poor man's Ji Sung Park at this stage.

Obiorahking_

I disagree. Lingard looked really tired out there when we were closing out the game. I was a bit annoyed because it was almost as if we were playing with 10 men. Either way it was a decent outing for him today. Brought enthusiasm and energy to the game that positively contributed to our attack.

Di Maria's angel

Thats fine. Could do with the fact that he played 90 mins, along with the rest, on Thursday.

Di Maria's angel

I disagree. Lingard looked really tired out there when we were closing out the game. I was a bit annoyed because it was almost as if we were playing with 10 men. Either way it was a decent outing for him today. Brought enthusiasm and energy to the game that positively contributed to our attack.
Dont agree. In what was a terrible second half performance, he was everywhere. Running up and down, tackling, holding up Aguero at the end.

Cantona'sCollar

The quality of his touches and dribbles drops off quite heavily when he's fatigued. I'd argue that it's the most of any of our other players.
This is what stood out to me, too. He was so obviously tired after an hour, and his [usually very good] touch wasn't there anymore. He became sloppy on the ball. Still deserves a lot of credit for today - endless running and kept it simple. Great game.

Esquire

Dont agree. In what was a terrible second half performance, he was everywhere. Running up and down, tackling, holding up Aguero at the end.
Agree. He played well today. Still maintain the position that talent wise he may not be United first XI material but work rate, commitment and passion all there today. Incredible amount of tracking back. Well done today.

m1y2

a lot of people forget about this factor, he was quite average today but he worked his socks off, hopefully he will get a couple other runs out in the middle and prove his worth, yaya and silva posses a lot of threat through the middle so he didn't have time to attack, expect him to get much better in other games unlike from the right wing where he plays on the edge of his abilities

Bebe

Intelligent performance from him today. Doesn't have the raw skill of some other players, but his workrate and positioning were probably more valuable in this game.

Status
Not open for further replies.