5.6 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

drdoityourself

He gets the ball, waits for the overlap. If the overlap isn't on he'll pass it back again. The opponents know him now and never commit more than one defender to him, so that really stifles our attack. We really don't have anyone else, Martial doesn't work there, Januzaj is out of favour. So it is of paramount importance that we sign a qualified right winger this summer. It could do wonders for our attack to have threat on both flanks.

mav_9me

He is not good enough to be our starting right winger every game. He should be a back up squad member. Definitely good enough for that role.

That's why I was surprised when we ended up not going for mane or anybody else for that right wing.

m1y2

Got better in the second half. Martial was also shit in the first half and played in his preferred position..

Dont understand why we dont give a chance to pereira who is certainly better suited to the wing with his skillset even though its not his best position but so isnt Lingard's

Ryan7

Its been clear for weeks on end he's miles from good enough. He offers nothing whatsoever. He's not even an average player. Needs to be sold in the summer.

caisenma

I ♥ Adnan
He doesnt even get subbed off anymore... He's a 90 minute man every match he's eligible, but he does so very little. I just dont get it.

JoaquinJoaquin

Rather put Valencia back on the wings alongside Valera.

Lingard is one of the reasons the club is struggling. Putting up mediocre players from the academy because it is the United way.
Totally agree. In fact with the inclusion of Williams on the bench yesterday i'm now sure that LVG is trying to give out as many first team debuts as possible to deflect attention from his poor performances as a manager (and that is no reflection on Williams btw, I think he has a big future).

I've said from the start that Lingard is average, yet I got labelled 'a hater'. It's all well and good wanting an academy player coming through and playing in the first team, But he has got to be good enough to continue playing in that position, which Lingard simply isn't. He is this years Tom Cleverly or Kieran Richardson before that. You can accommodate those type of players if we have a great team around them but at this present time we simply do not, and cannot afford to carry passengers which Lingard is, Like it or not.

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
Lingard is starting on merit and this despite playing in an unfamiliar role.

Ideally, we'd have someone better but that's not Lingard's fault.

drdoityourself

Lingard is starting on merit and this despite playing in an unfamiliar role.

Ideally, we'd have someone better but that's not Lingard's fault.
Can you still call it an unfamiliar role? He's only played this one position in the senior team.

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
Can you still call it an unfamiliar role? He's only played this one position in the senior team.
You can. Not only is he playing in an unfamiliar position but he's been asked to play the role of a traditional winger which requires him to beat his man which he's not very good at. He's still done a decent job of it.

Minkaro

He'd odd. I like him, and think he could (and does) score his fair share of goals, but he'd also be probably the first name in our present starting XI that I'd want replacing in the summer. Definitely keep him as a squad member though.

facund

Involved in nearly all our good interplay tonight and carried the ball through the centre reasonably well. Not sure what his actual position was because he seemed to be popping up everywhere and seemed a lot more comfortable than being stuck out on the right.

drdoityourself

Needs to cut out the diving,other than that thought he was ok tonight.
He can't really shake players off or go past them, so he opts to win a free kick every time. That's pretty intelligent because he knows he can't beat players.
He'll run with the ball in space, but when there's confrontation he just shifts responsability to the next guy. To have someone like that in our front 3, is far from good enough.
He had a fine game by his standards, but for me his standard is well below what I believe makes a Manchester United player.

drdoityourself

Played well in general, and his superior pace and ability to run at and past people got us on the front foot quite a few times. But just like Fellaini, the final ball never quite worked.
He can't run past people. His pace is also average.

dwd

Saturday Night Spies
He's only in the team because of where he was born. He's not good enough, sadly. Not his fault. Won't be in the XI next season (I hope).

dogwithabone

He wouldn't get anywhere near the Spurs side, the Arsenal side, City, Leicester, Chelsea, Liverpool......the list goes on and on....

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
I commend him for his effort, he isn't a bad player, it's just that he isn't brilliant, either.

I do think he'd have thrived under Sir Alex.

No11

Supports
Aberdeen
I thought he had a decent game, especially in the second half. Give us drive through the middle that we often lack.
I agree, he did ok along with Martial and Rashford. Problem is no midfield players going beyond them then things basically break down.
The midfield is utter shite.

J-Stander

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
He wouldn't get anywhere near the Spurs side, the Arsenal side, City, Leicester, Chelsea, Liverpool......the list goes on and on....
He wouldn't get in most teams in the league. Championship player.

Harold_Giles

Any idea if he could play full back? He'd be quite good going forward, but perhaps he'd be a huge weak link in defense?

Kevin

Nostrodamus of football
Players like him starting is fine when it's one or two of these. Two or three of these jokers in defence, two in midfield (carrick is done), one in attack is frightening. Mata just barely makes the grade for someone who is supposed to be the technical maestro of a top team.

J-Stander

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Any idea if he could play full back? He'd be quite good going forward, but perhaps he'd be a huge weak link in defense?
Any idea if he'd be good in net? Quick off his line, but shit at saving stuff. Jesus Christ.

Ferguson

I thought he was good. Mata was the one with his lack of pace on the right wing trying to cover Varela's man and failing to do so time and again in this match.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
He can't run past people. His pace is also average.
I'm not talking about beating people in 1v1's, where he does tend to struggle. But there were a number of times the Liverpool midfield were trying to hold their positions and he'd go between them to put us on the front foot in fairly good position. And pace-wise, while he'll struggle against many fullbacks, he's faster than many (most?) midfielders. And certainly faster than Mata.

Status
Not open for further replies.