Keys & Gray in Sexism Row

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
I don't know tbh.Why not have female coaches too ?
It just feels wrong to me.
I work with female coaches and young girls in football, the former are just as capable of teaching males and the latter are just as passionate about the game as their male equivalents. Love of football, ability to judge a game and form opinions has feck all to do with not possessing a penis and having no tits, ffs.

I can't believe how retarded this thread is.

Plechazunga

Grammar partisan who sleeps with a real life Ryan
Where Albert Stubbins scored a diving header
"It feels wrong"... but then after a couple of years you get used to it and it doesn't anymore

Like female commentators, I'm fairly used to them now

Why exclude anyone from something they're capable of doing as well as men on the basis that they're a woman?

I bet seeing women voting "felt wrong" at first. Look at them... they're women... but they're voting!"

Rams

aspiring to be like Ryan Giggs
Quite possibly - we never get to hear the full story ,do we?
This smells of Rupert Murdoch if you ask me. It's not a coincidence that this has come out just after Andy Gray has decided to sue the News of the World about the phone tapping.

Spoony

The People's President
Ah - sorry - I thought you had a point to make.

I didn't realise you were just farting using the keyboard.
That's bigotry.
This smells of Rupert Murdoch if you ask me. It's not a coincidence that this has come out just after Andy Gray has decided to sue the News of the World about the phone tapping.
When did he decide to sue?

Devil may care

So Smasher Keys has gotten the old proverbial toe end up the jacksie as well, at least he got to speak before being cast out like a filthy rat.

starman

Hey, cut that out you sexist pig. I hope you are dealt with appropriately and sacked from your job.
I wish i was, to much of a coward to quit.

Might go in tomorrow and fondle my bosses breasts, probably be a bit weird though, seeing as its a guy.

sparky

Correct.

Why would i want to become a football official? The odds are clearly stacked against me, with me having a cock n'all.

You should go for it though!!! Gurl Power Soccer Spice!
No. The odds are stacked against you because you have 'Prunier' in your username....

Spammy

Being watched; will learn to post in the correct f
Gloves are worn for traction primarily. Someone li
"It feels wrong"... but then after a couple of years you get used to it and it doesn't anymore

Like female commentators, I'm fairly used to them now

Why exclude anyone from something they're capable of doing as well as men on the basis that they're a woman?

I bet seeing women voting "felt wrong" at first. Look at them... they're women... but they're voting!"
Because it's positive discrimination. Gratuitous. A farcical show to please the men with no testosterone.

Plechazunga

Because it's positive discrimination. Gratuitous. A farcical show to please the men with no testosterone.
It was probably positive discrimination when they first gave a woman a newsreading job, or astronaut or countless others. You need a bit of PD to convince exluded groups that they have a chance and encourage them to apply.

Bearded but no genius

It was probably positive discrimination when they first gave a woman a newsreading job, or astronaut or countless others. You need a bit of PD to convince exluded groups that they have a chance and encourage them to apply.
I suspect that the first female newsreader was probably actually selected based on discrimination.

"Ratings are down, let's get a hot chick to read this crap."

Sky itself disproves your theory about newsreaders I'm afraid!

Plechazunga

I suspect that the first female newsreader was probably actually selected based on discrimination.

"Ratings are down, let's get a hot chick to read this crap."

Without meaning to be sexist, I think this puts that theory to bed:

Barbara Mandell,
First female newsreader

I reckon the first woman to be given an astronaut didn't earn him either.
Grammar Nazi

Feeky Magee

keen violinist
Gary Neville has been lined up by Sky Sports to be the big-name pundit to fill the void created by the sacking of Andy Gray.

Manchester United’s former England defender Neville, who is due to retire from a glittering playing career at the end of this season, was already on the television network’s radar before the ‘Linogate’ scandal erupted this week.

It is understood that the 35-year-old will not be a like-for-like replacement for Gray.

Neville is viewed by Sky as another front-line pundit to work alongside or alternate with Jamie Redknapp, both having the experience of a modern football dressing room.
Career change: Gary Neville, pictured battling with Steve Pienaar in September, has already been approached by Sky about a possible presenting job

Career change: Gary Neville, pictured battling with Steve Pienaar in September, has already been approached by Sky about a possible presenting job

However, the opinionated Neville will be a controversial appointment, especially on
Merseyside with his well-documented dislike of Scousers, although former Anfield idol Redknapp, 37, can provide the counterbalance.

Sky made their move for Neville long before this week’s Gray-Keys controversy, with talks understood to have started last summer when it was expected that this would
be Neville’s last season as a player.

The full back, whose last three years in the game have been plagued by injury, has only made four first-team appearances this season — one as a substitute — making his decision to call it a day inevitable.

Neville, a multi-millionaire after a lucrative playing career, would not have been short of offers to consider along with the Sky proposal.

A coaching role at Old Trafford or a job with the Professional Footballers’ Association, where ‘Red Nev’ is also held in high esteem, were two other options.

Neville’s retirement will also ensure the publication next autumn of his long-awaited autobiography, which is sure to create considerable interest.

Publishers Transworld, responsible for the big-selling autobiographies of Jamie
Carragher and Steven Gerrard, won the race to publish it a year ago, in a deal Neville negotiated himself, insisting it would only come out when he had retired.

The book is bound to be controversial, such is Neville’s innate ability to stir things up.

Even his obscure Times of Malta column provoked a feud with Manchester City’s Carlos Tevez and his story, especially what he has to say about the footballers still playing, will add extra spice to his Sky work.

Neville, a one-club man, lies fifth on United’s all-time list with 602 appearances and was one of England’s greatest full backs, winning 85 caps.

Read more: Gary Neville lined up to become new Sky Sports pundit | Mail Online
:lol:

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
It's probably been mentioned in here before and I CBA to go through it all but there is a joke on Sikipedia that basically says that if Andy Gray is sacked for Sexism then when do the panel from Loose Women get their P45's?

It's true though, I've had the displeasure of seeing it various times and there is always running jokes at men being rubbish at "enter stereotype here".

kundalini

Keys resigned? I'm not surprised.

The media campaign has made things untenable for him and Gray. Whoever wanted them gone from inside the company has got their wish. The corporate world is a nasty place.
Surely the lesson is not to be unpleasant to the people you work with because if you ever find yourself vulnerable, the last thing you need is colleagues leaking stories about you, in order to finish you off, as has happened in this case.

Both Gray and Keys would appear to be unpleasant individuals with far too many enemies. There are just too many people saying how rude they are, for them to be considered unlucky.

Chabon

I'm not the only one who has found it completely impossible to tell who's a troll and who's actually a complete dinosaur in this thread, right? And having followed the above link to possibly the best development in football history I ended up reading this:

Sky sexism row: Why is it all right for women to be sexist about MEN? | Mail Online

I mean, is that real...it screams "elaborate satire" but then it's actually in the daily mail. The basic message of course is just a regurgitation of every bit of lazy misogyny from this thread...but then, surely nobody actually believes the stuff he comes out with towards the end? Why would the Daily Mail publish an article parodying their average reader?! I'm so confused...

sidsutton

Those clips make Keys's look Alan Partridge-esque with the "jokey" banter with "mates". It's only a matter of time before he's living in motorway hotel going to the petrol station to have a chat and get a ginster's pasty for dinner. He'll spot Gray in the carpark at the golf club and stand there shouting "Andy!" for minutes without Gray giving him a second look.

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
Feedingseagulls making an ass of himself by claiming men should be discriminated against just to even the scales.

Why stop there ? have the cnut shipped to africa on a slave ship so that he can do his part at balancing the scales against the black community. *im assuming he's white*

Feedingseagulls

It's probably been mentioned in here before and I CBA to go through it all but there is a joke on Sikipedia that basically says that if Andy Gray is sacked for Sexism then when do the panel from Loose Women get their P45's?

It's true though, I've had the displeasure of seeing it various times and there is always running jokes at men being rubbish at "enter stereotype here".
As I watch very little television at all, I have missed the pleasure of watching this programme.

However, any programme that so successfully annoys an apparently large number of the 'laddish' element is to be wholeheartedly commended. :cool:

EricaNo7

As I watch very little television at all, I have missed the pleasure of watching this programme.

However, any programme that so successfully annoys an apparently large number of the 'laddish' element is to be wholeheartedly commended. :cool:
it's no pleasure, FS

just a load of raddled, loud, old ( yes i know, some my age ) women screaming to make themselves heard.
i think the phrase " rough as badger's bottoms " was coined especially for them

Bearded but no genius

Hold on.

So you're lecturing us about what should be done to save us all from who-knows-what awful evils, and you're so hugely disconnected from the zeitgeist that you "watch very little television"?