La Liga - 2015/2016

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
But weren't top players more spread out over the clubs around 2008? This is an era where 3 clubs are absolutely loaded with worldclass talent and therefore they reach the CL semi's every year. I think this Real Madrid would be just as good in that CL-era because of the fact they are so stocked with worldclass players.
Comparing two teams here. United had loads of talent. Ronaldo-Rooney-Tevez, Rio and Vidic at the back and VDS in goal. Scholes, Giggs, Carrick, Evra. That team could certainly beat the current Real side.

CLARiiON

Mes que un Gloryhunter
Supports
Barcelona
Find some better way to relieve whatever frustrations you have. Totally pointless debate.

While we are talking about space and physicality, which EPL teams are similar to Atleti/Bilbao? I am yet to see a single team in EPL that can press the opponent like these or what Barca do (when they are arsed). At most I see bus parking by teams, not relentless pressing that happens here.

cyberman

Find some better way to relieve whatever frustrations you have. Totally pointless debate.

While we are talking about space and physicality, which EPL teams are similar to Atleti/Bilbao? I am yet to see a single team in EPL that can press the opponent like these or what Barca do (when they are arsed). At most I see bus parking by teams, not relentless pressing that happens here.
Na nobody really parks the bus anymore. Everybody takes it to everybody else. Sadly it makes sports betting a nightmare this season :(

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Someone back @Offside up, or offer yourself for hire to help him post replies. Feeling sorry for him, can't keep up.
Probably not a good idea to slate La Liga in a thread full of Madrid fans. I suppose it is hard when you batter teams week in week out and still finish 2nd. And I made reference to the Premier League being boring in the early 2000's, atleast we got a trophy out of it.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Real Madrid were literally walking around. The excuse for that will be it was Espanyol at home and theh are much better. That's my point - it's like with United in the early 00's. It makes for a boring league. It's not that Real have such a good team because I felt the same 8-9 years ago. There is no tempo when they and Barca play at home. La Liga has had this problem for a while. Tonight it annoyed me which is why I made the original post. If any team had played like that in England (walking around as open as anything) it would be a disgrace. The commentator was saying they did well second half, it was just expexted. 6-0 is just the norm and they won't even be the Champions and have had problems this season and sacked their manager. That is the state of La Liga.

CLARiiON

Mes que un Gloryhunter
Supports
Barcelona
Atletico Madrid have a brutal Feb schedule, well most teams have similar.

Feb 22 - vs Villarreal
Feb 25 - vs PSV
Feb 27 - vs Real Madrid

Now they have Diego Godin and Augusto Fernandez both injured.

Being out of Copa would give them some rest.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Probably not a good idea to slate La Liga in a thread full of Madrid fans. I suppose it is hard when you batter teams week in week out and still finish 2nd. And I made reference to the Premier League being boring in the early 2000's, atleast we got a trophy out of it.
I don´t think that there are many madridistas here, simply posters who like the competition. The thrashings at home (refuted with data), the pace of the league,you don´t like two dominant teams (in fact there are three)...
As Vato said these opportunistic comments never come when we drew against Betis or are humiliated for Sevilla.
Seeing the list of champions and variation of Premier C.L participants I do not think it has been a much more open competition.
Anyway is simply a matter of taste and what you have seen all your life. I see some Premier league games and I enjoy it although some of my friends think that is too physical and without technique. However we all agree that has improved, it´s not the rugby of the 90´s .
In any case, this "war" of which is the best league always starts on the side of the Premier fans.
It´s hard to finish 2nd (we fight against an amazing team)but some day this will change, we are serious candidates to win our 11th C.L and still the best players want to come, so it´s not so bad.
It seems that you imply that for finish 2d we are grumpy, lippy or bitter when you were the one who came calling shit to the competition.

christy87

Supports
Dipping tea in toast
Atletico Madrid have a brutal Feb schedule, well most teams have similar.

Feb 22 - vs Villarreal
Feb 25 - vs PSV
Feb 27 - vs Real Madrid

Now they have Diego Godin and Augusto Fernandez both injured.

Being out of Copa would give them some rest.
On top of all of this there strikers are in terrible form, bar Griezmann and there top scoring striker is out on loan at Eibar.

Vato

Watches other men wank.Supports Real.Coincidence?
Supports
Real Madrid
Real Madrid were literally walking around. The excuse for that will be it was Espanyol at home and theh are much better. That's my point - it's like with United in the early 00's. It makes for a boring league. It's not that Real have such a good team because I felt the same 8-9 years ago. There is no tempo when they and Barca play at home. La Liga has had this problem for a while. Tonight it annoyed me which is why I made the original post. If any team had played like that in England (walking around as open as anything) it would be a disgrace. The commentator was saying they did well second half, it was just expexted. 6-0 is just the norm and they won't even be the Champions and have had problems this season and sacked their manager. That is the state of La Liga.
Answer me this honestly, did you miss the first half of the game? Or at least a big part of it? Because anyone who's seen the whole game and is in his right mind, would never suggest that our game last night lacked tempo.
We were playing some fantastic, one touch, attacking football. Second half was shit compared to the first. I can understand someone who has only seen the second half to think it was a boring game, I'll give you that.

FCBarca

Mes que un Rag
Supports
Peace
Little known fact, Asspanyol are the opponent RM have won & scored the most against in the history of the Primera Liga. One could say RM own Reial Club Deportiu Espanyol de Cornellà

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Little known fact, Asspanyol are the opponent RM have won & scored the most against in the history of the Primera Liga. One could say RM own Reial Club Deportiu Espanyol de Cornellà
That's right.Based on that I did yesterday a bet of victory +goals :drool:
Actually not a surprise since they have been 80 seasons in first division,only 4 times in segunda.Anyway the truth is that they fight more against Farca

FCBarca

Mes que un Rag
Supports
Peace
That's right.Based on that I did yesterday a bet of victory +goals :drool:
Actually not a surprise since they have been 80 seasons in first division,only 4 times in segunda.Anyway the truth is that they fight more against Farca
Definitely, it's almost as if they lay down for the capital club as a club strategy. One day should matchfixing ever be identified in Spain, I suspect Asspanyol's name will surely come up.

Hopefully the pasillo will coincide with the May 08 at Camp Nou against Asspanyol, right before they are relegated for good

CLARiiON

Mes que un Gloryhunter
Supports
Barcelona
Real will win against Asspanyol (shamelessly copied from FCBarca) even if they play with 9 guys, I am somehow confident of this. I think conceded 11/12 goals this season in 2 games, right?

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Jackson goes to China too.I didn´t expect it. They also said (SER too) that will try to bring Costa back in summer

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
That's absolutely mental. The Chinese league is really flexing it's financial muscle.
Yes, a lot of money. I suppose that he had a good contract in Atletico so the wages have to be incredible too.
Perfect for Atleti that gets the money back

Hojoon

Jackson goes to China too.I didn´t expect it. They also said (SER too) that will try to bring Costa back in summer
An offer Atletico can't turn down. They spent huge money on him and he hasn't really done anything of note (injuries haven't helped, to be fair). He's 29, so hardly young either.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Who does Atletico have as a backup for their offense after Griezmann, Carrasco and Vietto?

prarek

I guess its the right decision in the end. It just wan't working for him and being 29 years old Atletico had to recuperate the money. Probably better to add his minutes to Vietto who is proven in the league already. And next year they can bring back Borja who is even outscoring Griezmann this season.

fontaine

Ful Ful Ful Member Full Member Full Member
SOMEONE HAS TO STOP CHINA

They took all our players

Last edited:

Eila

Jackson :( too early for him to go on retirement. Was massive for Porto.
Also, another flop which is able to go for a higher price after only 6 months. Happened with Imbula as well.

gaucho_10

United fan talking about the lack of tempo in la liga. :D

Priceless!

What you don't like is just the visual side of everything about the game, the infrastracture. You're not the first one who has a problem diferentiating the actual game that is being played on the pitch from everything that is happening around it.

The green green grass, the fans standing close to the pitch, the sold out stadiums, the huge away support. Thats where la liga is losing in this comparison, but most of us don't watch football for the stadiums and the support.

Last edited:

fontaine

Ful Ful Ful Member Full Member Full Member
The level of football in La Liga is quite better than EPL. Specially passing wise, one-touch and tactically wise.

CLARiiON

Mes que un Gloryhunter
Supports
Barcelona
I guess its the right decision in the end. It just wan't working for him and being 29 years old Atletico had to recuperate the money. Probably better to add his minutes to Vietto who is proven in the league already. And next year they can bring back Borja who is even outscoring Griezmann this season.
I guess they made some profit from him, right? Thought they bought him for 35m.

Hammerfell

United fan talking about the lack of tempo in la liga. :D

Priceless!

What you don't like is just the visual side of everything about the game, the infrastracture. You're not the first one who has a problem diferentiating the actual game that is being played on the pitch from everything that is happening around it.

The green green grass, the fans standing close to the pitch, the sold out stadiums, the huge away support. Thats where la liga is losing in this comparison, but most of us don't watch football for the stadiums and the support.
I find La Liga far less interesting to watch because of the lack of atmosphere when watching on TV. Everything feels dull and muted.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
J. Martinez will earn 12m euros net. Fifth highest paid player in the world.

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
This is a Mendes deal which never is what it seems
This without any doubt. He has been spending alot of time this past two months in China. Wouldn't be surprised if another monopoly money deal happens. Meanwhile this will allow Atlético to pay the 6 million euros they owe Guimarães for Bernard. Unbelievable how UEFA still allows this type of behaviour from the clubs. This debt is causing serious problems for a small club such as Guimarães.

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
La Liga this weekend.

Tonight (from the BBC so all times are UK)
Málaga v Getafe 19:30

Saturday
Atl Madrid v Eibar 15:00
Rayo Vallecano v Las Palmas 17:15
Ath Bilbao v Villarreal 19:30
Sporting de Gijón v Deportivo de La Coruña 21:05

Sun 7 Feb 2016 - Spanish La Liga
Betis v Valencia 15:00
Levante v Barcelona 11:00
Celta de Vigo v Sevilla 17:15
Granada CF v Real Madrid 19:30

Mon 8 Feb 2016 - Spanish La Liga
Espanyol v Real Sociedad 19:30

prarek

Just switched in 15 minutes into Atletico x Eibar. Correa and Greizmann upfront for Atletico. I don't see Borja upfront for Eibar. I thought he was qualified to play against his parent club.