La Liga - 2015/2016

CLARiiON

Mes que un Gloryhunter
Supports
Barcelona
Roberto seems to be the wrong player in wrong place, having a stinker today. Not his fault, he's just not made for this role. Need to change midfield immediately.

FCBarca

Mes que un Rag
Supports
Peace
Midfield is the hardest position for a player to come and play for Barcelona, the transition can take time and sometimes it never happens even for a quality player - Arda will come good but you can see he has yet to really integrate well in this offense or transition defense. With the way he's playing on defense, wasn't surprising to see Lucho warm up Rakitic - plus he's on a booking and probably making many nervous he'll get sent off. Also, Rakitic will help that transition defense better than the Turk can atm

Edit: And there it is, Rakitic on for Arda

But no Busquets or Pique makes parked buses tough to unlock and susceptible on counters

Suarez huge in this match even without that terribly easy header he failed to convert

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Las Palmas has displayed some technical level a lot more impressive than you know which team. Why do I have this feeling with basically every match I watch. Truth or imagination ?

FCBarca

Mes que un Rag
Supports
Peace
Las Palmas has displayed some technical level a lot more impressive than you know which team. Why do I have this feeling with basically every match I watch. Truth or imagination ?
Can't comment on every match you watch but it's true for today, Las Palmas pinging the ball around with ease in Barca's half

Lucho's subs almost feel like a dare to try & get a draw for the home team - nervous

fontaine

Ful Ful Ful Member Full Member Full Member
Neymar awful in the last chance.. Barça get undiserved 3 pts.. they look tired, have a long flight to london, expect them to draw or lose in emirates.

fontaine

People underestimate what is having to play wednesday-sunday for 3 weeks in a row, plus a 8 hour flight from canaria to london.

good luck with that.. basically what playing in brazilian league is like, 80 games a year and all flights are long. teams play with much less tempo and energy

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
People underestimate what is having to play wednesday-sunday for 3 weeks in a row, plus a 8 hour flight from canaria to london.

good luck with that.. basically what playing in brazilian league is like, 80 games a year and all flights are long. teams play with much less tempo and energy
Las Palmas - Barcelona is a bit more than 3h whilst Las Palmas - London is 4h30min, not really that much of a difference and certainly not an 8h flight.

Danny1982

Sectarian Hipster
Las Palmas - Barcelona is a bit more than 3h whilst Las Palmas - London is 4h30min, not really that much of a difference and certainly not an 8h flight.
He was talking from Canaria today to London on Monday, a total of 8h traveling before the next game.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
He was talking from Canaria today to London on Monday, a total of 8h traveling before the next game.
Oh alright, still doubt it matters that much though given the manner in which teams like Barcelona travel.

Ishdalar

Supports
Barcelona

I always chuckle with things like this, it's not like they're flying with Ryanair in a minimum space between a fat guy snoring and a guy who lit 4 cigars before boarding and smells like a pub in the 80's. They could fly in first class and catching up on some series, sleep at home, rest tomorrow, train 1/2 hours this Monday and fly again in 1st class to England. Most professional players eat 8/10 hours travels in a Bus and are able to perform at their best.

I expect Barcelona to "fly" for 90 minutes in London, basically the front 3 had no defensive duties today while Pique, Busquets and Rakitic got their fair amount of resting. If Luis Enrique thinks that Munir and Sandro can't do a good job against a relegation candidate and has to play with the best while giving them some leeway it's his call, but it shouldn't be an excuse when you have a 7 points lead. Either they were just saving energy and had instructions that a draw was an ok result or our manager is a treble-winning idiot

fontaine

I expect Barcelona to "fly" for 90 minutes in London, basically the front 3 had no defensive duties today while Pique, Busquets and Rakitic got their fair amount of resting. If Luis Enrique thinks that Munir and Sandro can't do a good job against a relegation candidate and has to play with the best while giving them some leeway it's his call, but it shouldn't be an excuse when you have a 7 points lead. Either they were just saving energy and had instructions that a draw was an ok result or our manager is a treble-winning idiot
What I noticed today is, with how high the defensive line of Las Palmas was (a few meters away from the box), that play when the ball is in the right side, where Neymar drags the right back out of the line, Alba has a freeway on the 'cambio de frente' since that winger El Zhar has no chance catching him on a change of speed like that. That play is an automatical tap in for Suarez almost every time. I wonder why they didn't try it more.

PedroMendez

Acolyte
could be 6:3, if both teams would be slightly more clinical. Both teams with poor defending. Sevilla continues to stuggle away from home. They havn´t won a single game away from home this season in la liga.

Šjor Bepo

Wout is love, Wout is life; all hail Wout!
I get(kind of) why he isnt playing Banega but why is Konoplyanka always on the bench? Baffling decisions by Emery specially as they arent really blessed with quality on the wing.....

PedroMendez

Acolyte
In the end Rayo deserve the point. Sevilla started great, but the second half was just not good enough.

I get(kind of) why he isnt playing Banega but why is Konoplyanka always on the bench? Baffling decisions by Emery specially as they arent really blessed with quality on the wing.....
Because he just doesn´t do enough over the course of 90 minutes.

prarek

Mistake back pass from Toni Kross. Juanpi should have scored. What a chance.

The Stain

Soccer Manager's Highwayman
Has Casemiro been shit this season or what? I remember Zidane's quote about Makelele so i'm surprised he doesn't line up with a more balanced side. Kroos nearly gave away a goal and i'm sure he wants to play in cm.