La Liga - 2015/2016

Trizy

Do La Liga only get 3 CL spots? It's not entirely impossible they could fall behind Villareal!

FCBarca

Mes que un Rag
Supports
Peace
Well at this rate I imagine there will be a vacancy at real in the summer
A fourth coach to put simultaneously on the payroll - a stat that is merely extending their own record

Alxo, that physically comment is PR spin - see the entirety of the question & response from CR, there's no misinterpreting what was said

Last edited:

Skorenzy

Well, seems he's not gonna stand by it -- whichever way he meant it.

Eila

Do La Liga only get 3 CL spots? It's not entirely impossible they could fall behind Villareal!
3 1/2 plus the potential Europa League wildcard, as Sevilla, Villareal and Bilbao are still in it.
Edit: Oh, and Valencia :lol:

Nanook

Great game between Betis and Rayo, Manucho scored two quick goals after Betis were 2-0 at half time, Bebe's also playing. 55th minute 2-2.

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
Later on, to Marca, Ronaldo said:
"Cuando digo eso me refiero al nivel físico, no de juego. Yo no soy mejor que ninguno de mis compañeros"

I've no idea whether he was ordered by someone to try and spin it, or heard it played back on the TV and saw his teammates reactions. Either way he's in damage limitation mode now.

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore

Nanook

Why do Betis have no sponsor?
There's a lot of teams in La Liga who don't have a sponsor, clubs of that size are probably looking at €1m-€2m a year from a shirt sponsor so not having doesn't make a lot of difference. Valencia don't have one because they wanted €10m a year.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
Later on, to Marca, Ronaldo said:
"Cuando digo eso me refiero al nivel físico, no de juego. Yo no soy mejor que ninguno de mis compañeros"

I've no idea whether he was ordered by someone to try and spin it, or heard it played back on the TV and saw his teammates reactions. Either way he's in damage limitation mode now.
Haha, that would surely do it I imagine.

Skorenzy

Atléti's DF this season has been beyond world class.

They have only scored 36 goals (!!) in 26 league games so far (only three more than Utd for example), but they sit 2nd with 58pts (four pts ahead of RM who've scored the most, 71), thanks to their defensive record of conceding only 11 goals in those 26 games (with 17 clean sheets!). In all comps the've amassed 25 clean sheets in 39 games. And only on 4 occasions so far have they conceded more than one goal -- 2 at home to Benfica in the CL, 3 away to Celta in the Copa and twice 2 against Barça in the league.

Only two players have scored more than one goal against them so far this season: Messi and Celta's Pablo Hernández.

Skorenzy

Ooh so close for Dani Ceballos there, what a goal that woulda been! Amazing diagonal from Musonda to set that up!

Great game that was.

Skorenzy

Agirretxe with a great volley to level things up, 1-1 with 10 to go. Very unlucky for Málaga though.

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
Great result in the Madrid derby, now we need to do out job vs Sevilla who are the last team to beat us this season.

FCBarca

Mes que un Rag
Supports
Peace

Seems like a long time ago but happened to coincide with Simeone's arrival, tables have turned and since the derby is decidedly Atletico

Skorenzy

Villarreal-Levante about to kick off, Rossi returns to the Madrigal as Levante look for a way out of the bottom three - and Villarreal could move within 2pts of 3rd place if they get a win! After beating Napoli without much fuss they're certainly having a quiet, unassumingly brilliant season.

Skorenzy

Good goal from Baptistão after a perfectly weighted pass by the best CM in Spain this season, in my opinion, Bruno Soriano. Levante goalie Mariño could've done better but still a decent finish.

Skorenzy

This is a really impressive performance by what is essentially Villarreal's second string (missing at least 6 starters), even if it's only Levante. It never ceases to amaze me how fluid and technically outstanding Villarreal's passing game is, year after year, regardless of personnel or status (even when they just got back from Segunda they played like they never even left).

edit: and just as I type that, they go and score a great second goal. Lethal counter, lethal passing. Samu Castillejo's first goal for Villarreal, set up by Adrián López (didn't even realize he was playing, hah) :D

They're rampaging now, Baptistão misses a sitter after excellent play and a pinpoint outside-of-the-boot cross from makeshift RB Bailly.

Skorenzy

Morales, who's been Levante's best player this season by a mile, misses a must-score chance to get them back in it. Aréola does well to stay big but shouldn't have been able to save it that easily really. Levante haven't even been that poor, they just seem incapable of stopping anything in their defensive third.

WhoDaGOAT

This is a really impressive performance by what is essentially Villarreal's second string (missing at least 6 starters), even if it's only Levante. It never ceases to amaze me how fluid and technically outstanding Villarreal's passing game is, year after year, regardless of personnel or status (even when they just got back from Segunda they played like they never even left).

edit: and just as I type that, they go and score a great second goal. Lethal counter, lethal passing. Samu Castillejo's first goal for Villarreal, set up by Adrián López (didn't even realize he was playing, hah) :D

They're rampaging now, Baptistão misses a sitter after excellent play and a pinpoint outside-of-the-boot cross from makeshift RB Bailly.
Such a fantastic football club. They play a Barcelona brand of football with less than half of the resources. I've loved watching Villarreal, Sevilla and Barcelona these past 10 years.

Skorenzy

Boom, 3-0. Nahuel with a sumptuous outside-of-the-boot through ball leaving Adrián López with a 1-on-1 which he expertly finishes. Game over.