La Liga 2016/17

Status
Not open for further replies.

Santi_Mesut_Alexis_87

Supports
Arsenal
Great save on Vitolo.
Vitolo leading Seville now. He is showing great leadership skills.
Quite a good game atm. Both teams giving it a go.
Jovetic and Iborra on.

Last edited:

SfcNervion

Supports
Sevilla FC
Yeah, definitely better tempo this half. Sevilla taking more risks and Sporting Gijon attacking for counters. The game has opened up !

SfcNervion

Supports
Sevilla FC
And the hell continues. We only played for 45 minutes (plus 5 added time); that clearly was too little too late for 3p.

Mariano misses vs barca. Not that it would make any difference, barca will still win very comfortably.

PedroMendez

Acolyte
And the hell continues. We only played for 45 minutes (plus 5 added time); that clearly was too little too late for 3p.

Mariano misses vs barca. Not that it would make any difference, barca will still win very comfortably.
at least we have enough of a lead to somehow save the 4th place (I hope).....quite impressive how bad we are. It will be a busy summer. So many average players in the squad.

SfcNervion

Supports
Sevilla FC
at least we have enough of a lead to somehow save the 4th place (I hope).....quite impressive how bad we are. It will be a busy summer. So many average players in the squad.
Yeah, I think we should manage top 4, no matter how bad things get. Which would be fine, but it is urgent for lot of improvements.

I see three big issues at the moment.
1.The physical state of these players should be questioned, we seem awfully tired lately, during these last 2 months. The team had their peak in January, but since then the players have gone out of shape.

There are rumours that Sampaoli and the coaching staff have not minded to practice the physical condition of the players; that they only kept practicing tactical bits and possession. There is no proof, only small rumours.

But the poor form could rather suggest that we over achieved with our results during autumn; I'd think there's more truth in this.

2. According to some stats (before the month of March) Sampaoli is the manager that has made most 'successful changes' after 45 mins. But that also suggests that his original gameplan often fails, which forces him to make radical changes in the middle of the game; he certainly needs to improve his initial gameplan.

3. And then there is also the struggle with not having proper strikers... Somehow, it worked to play with virtually no strikers until January, but reality has caught up with us during this spring.

PedroMendez

Acolyte
Yeah, I think we should manage top 4, no matter how bad things get. Which would be fine, but it is urgent for lot of improvements.

I see three big issues at the moment.
1.The physical state of these players should be questioned, we seem awfully tired lately, during these last 2 months. The team had their peak in January, but since then the players have gone out of shape.

There are rumours that Sampaoli and the coaching staff have not minded to practice the physical condition of the players; that they only kept practicing tactical bits and possession. There is no proof, only small rumours.

But the poor form could rather suggest that we over achieved with our results during autumn; I'd think there's more truth in this.

2. According to some stats (before the month of March) Sampaoli is the manager that has made most 'successful changes' after 45 mins. But that also suggests that his original gameplan often fails, which forces him to make radical changes in the middle of the game; he certainly needs to improve his initial gameplan.

3. And then there is also the struggle with not having proper strikers... Somehow, it worked to play with virtually no strikers until January, but reality has caught up with us during this spring.
Just looking at Ganso makes me wonder if there is something wrong with the physical side of the training. I really hope that changes next year, because we look awfully flat.

I also wonder if that has something to do with Sampaoli overcomplicating things, which might overburden some of our players. Switching between a back3/4 almost every 45 minutes is not great. There is value in keeping things simple, especially when the team struggles already. He should allow players to play in their comfort zone to find some confidence and form again.

I’d say all of our offensive players are inconsistent at best and consistently bad at worst. We really need 2-3 new top class (=> nailed on starter) for the next season or the next year could turn into a nightmare. I think we overachieved quite a bit and while Sampaoli certainly deserves criticism for the last few month, there is only so much you can do when you have to work with dross. We need a lot more quality; not more depth or just taking punts on player who might turn out okay. Overall I really worry about the quality of the squad.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Yeah. I just can't see cristiano stomp on thiago though

My granda's favourite player. Icon. Later i'm going to re-watch footage from HIS clasico :drool::drool::drool:

Varun

Staff
Benzema was offside in the build up I think. They didn't show enough replays.

SfcNervion

Supports
Sevilla FC
Just looking at Ganso makes me wonder if there is something wrong with the physical side of the training. I really hope that changes next year, because we look awfully flat.

I also wonder if that has something to do with Sampaoli overcomplicating things, which might overburden some of our players. Switching between a back3/4 almost every 45 minutes is not great. There is value in keeping things simple, especially when the team struggles already. He should allow players to play in their comfort zone to find some confidence and form again.

I’d say all of our offensive players are inconsistent at best and consistently bad at worst. We really need 2-3 new top class (=> nailed on starter) for the next season or the next year could turn into a nightmare. I think we overachieved quite a bit and while Sampaoli certainly deserves criticism for the last few month, there is only so much you can do when you have to work with dross. We need a lot more quality; not more depth or just taking punts on player who might turn out okay. Overall I really worry about the quality of the squad.
@PedroMendez
Haha, Ganso's physical state is a level on its own.

I feel similar about the situation, as well as what needs to be done this summer - and have similar concerns about the overall quality in the squad, spot on amigo :)

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
@PedroMendez
Haha, Ganso's physical state is a level on its own.

I feel similar about the situation, as well as what needs to be done this summer - and have similar concerns about the overall quality in the squad, spot on amigo :)
How has Ganso played this season?

JamesB__

Supports
Stoke City
Another pretty shit performance by Madrid though. Can't see them beating Atletico, Bayern x2 and Barcelona playing like they have been recently.

Bole Top

aaaaand of course, Ronaldo doesn't score when I put him on my acca. so predictable.

PedroMendez

Acolyte
How has Ganso played this season?
Not sure you can call it that, but in total about 600minutes. 2-3 starts in the league. Officially he is injured at the moment, but I doubt that it would make a difference. I have seen Sunday kickers in better shape and that is sadly no exaggeration. Completely useles.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Nope, not an easy one to call in general but you'd think it'd be easier when it happens in just about every match
Win some, lose some. Admittedly we usually get the lion's share of bad calls in our favour. But then, so do you, generally. This season has been strange in that regard. Guess we can't go 5 years without winning the title :D

Status
Not open for further replies.