Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Invictus

Poster of the Year 2015 & 2018
Staff
Supports
Piracy on the High Seas.
I couldn’t make out if it was Martinez out jumping the Aussie giant twice in the last minute- or was it Otamendi? Epic headers!
@GifLord Can you check this out, was wondering the same. Possibly 94th minute
It was Lisandro.

#25: Martínez (disbalances Souttar, who consequently can't connect with the ball).
#19: Otamendi (hops and skips over Souttar, as he lies on the floor).
#3: Tagliafico (substandard marking job, leading to the shot on goal by Koul).

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Seriously though, why is the argentina manager playing a guy that tries to tackle an attacker with a back heel over this guy?

Clueless

IFC 1905

He would have saved this one aswell. When everyone was panicking the guy was rushing towards the goal line.All of this after disbalancing the Australian tower to avoid the header.

the_cliff

He would have saved this one aswell. When everyone was panicking the guy was rushing towards the goal line.All of this after disbalancing the Australian tower to avoid the header.
Yeah I remember seeing that and thinking even if it went through Emi, Lisandro would have got there anyway.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
I think we might have just gone and signed one of the best central defenders in world football. And we’ve done it early before he springboards into something amazing.

Too much gets made of the captaincy, but he’s going to be in the picture for this in the future.
You also have to admire the managers single mindedness in bringing these players in even if they were expensive and with question marks about the league they are coming from. It’s all about personality and hard work when it comes to raising your ceiling and accepting new challenges. I love this guy. He’s obvious captain material. Not someone most or any of us were calling for us to sign but it seems a no brainier now.

Samoerai Jack

As a Dutch fan it's really unfortunate that he starts for Argentina tonight. As a Manchester United fan it's the best. This guy deserves to play on the highest level.

IFC 1905

As a Dutch fan it's really unfortunate that he starts for Argentina tonight. As a Manchester United fan it's the best. This guy deserves to play on the highest level.

I wish you the best of luck. We know in Argentina, that football owes a World Cup to the Dutch. If we can't win today, hope you get it.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Flawless as always and just won a 50/50 ball in the air v VVD :devil:

IFC 1905

Licha: Thank you very much, honestly. I feel so emotional
Reporter: You know that, your tears are the tears of everyone in Argentina. We love this National Team, for everything they represent, for these tears.
Licha: Thanks to all of you. We feel the support. Many things come to my head, honestly I'm so thankful to life. My grandparents, who are not here anymore
Reporter: Can I hug you? The best for you. From my heart. The whole of Argentina is with you.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
He's becoming one of my favorites. Puts so much heart into the game, always love players like that.

kidbob

Let's be honest after all the talk about his height, he is the best defender in the PL along with Saliba this year. Guy has been a revelation and eventually all the top teams will want him, and prove the likes of Souness so wrong. I just hope we can start winning things soon to keep the likes of him and Bruno.

Tinúviel

Let's be honest after all the talk about his height, he is the best defender in the PL along with Saliba this year. Guy has been a revelation and eventually all the top teams will want him, and prove the likes of Souness so wrong. I just hope we can start winning things soon to keep the likes of him and Bruno.
I might remember it wrong, but wasnt he on his way to Arsenal when we were tracking Timber? And when the Timber deal went belly up we swooped in and snatched him from under their noses?
Martinez and Saliba is a scary thought!

klayton88

He's a joke of a player and he's ours. He reminds me of Rojo, in the fact that he too is Argentinean. Similarities start and end there. I bet Martinez knows how to make toast.

BorisManUtd

One more step to winning WC. Would be delighted for him if it happens. (same for Varane, but he's already won it).

He's not even started in most of the games so won't be that tired before coming back.

Last edited:

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.

Licha: Thank you very much, honestly. I feel so emotional
Reporter: You know that, your tears are the tears of everyone in Argentina. We love this National Team, for everything they represent, for these tears.
Licha: Thanks to all of you. We feel the support. Many things come to my head, honestly I'm so thankful to life. My grandparents, who are not here anymore
Reporter: Can I hug you? The best for you. From my heart. The whole of Argentina is with you.
He has a towering personality.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
I hope to see him back as a world champion.

He hasn't been the preferred choice and I can't mistake scaloni for that, his preferred choice has done the job and done it well but he has been quite adequate as well when called upon so I think he must be quite content of what he's done.

Amethystxx

After Sunday we will have world champion + runner-up center back pair.

Sound good!!

Status
Not open for further replies.