Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
He is better than Rojo at LB. Or at least he played better than Rojo did these past two games.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Shaw is a few notches better at left fullback than Rojo, who for me looks a lot better in the center and easily several grades better than Evans.

We can sort things out on the back line, amigos.
Annoying how some pundits/former players keep claiming that Rojo is a left back 'because he played there for Argentina' totally ignoring that at club level he played at centre back. Ince said it on Football Focus today and pundits do the same with Blind.

Delighted for Shaw. Could potentially be our left back for the next decade and seems to have his head screwed on straight.

SirAF

Ageist
Annoying how some pundits/former players keep claiming that Rojo is a left back 'because he played there for Argentina' totally ignoring that at club level he played at centre back. Ince said it on Football Focus today and pundits do the same with Blind.

Delighted for Shaw. Could potentially be our left back for the next decade and seems to have his head screwed on straight.
That's atrocious! I mean, your average football fan knows more than quite a few people in the game. Absolutely shocking from Ince :lol:

kundalini

Had a good game but did look vulnerable at the back post for headers. But then again the whole defense did
Agree. Indeed one of those moments was very similar to Ashley Young misjudging the cross from which Swansea eventually scored their winning goal. This time the West Ham player shot directly towards goal with De Gea making a comfortable save.

Overall, I thought Shaw was decent but not amazing. Much better than Rojo against Leicester (not difficult), though not as good as Rojo against QPR.

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form
Comfortable display from Shaw. Nothing worthy of a 7/10 but likewise nothing alarming or below a 6/10.

Needs to be more aware of players moving behind him toward the far post but even this has context, arguably only Stoke are likely to sling as many balls into the box as West Ham. Showed good energy too.

All in all a more comfortable debut than Evra had.

Sam

I really really like him. He's gonna be a star.

Acole9

Outstanding
Charlie Nicholas saying he struggled all game....rrrrrrrrright
If he thinks that then he must've done well. Soccer Saturday lot have become very bitter towards United so much so it's bordering on embarrassing I've stopped watching it.

Eric'sCollar

Asked for his wife's permission before signing up
It's the sort of thing you want from him each week for 10 years. A good 7-8 out of 10. Very pleasing, especially in a tough defensive situation.

Ibi Dreams

Very encouraging from him. Could end up being one of our most consistent and constant players, hopefully like Cole was for Chelsea.

surf

He looks capable of doing the job that Paddy Evra did down the left side. My main wish is for him to match Evra's fitness record of missing very few games.

NoPace

Played very well. Overshadowed by Rafael today, but Shaw did well defensively and his ability to pass the ball infield is already miles ahead of most fullbacks, despite his youth. I'm a big fan.

marlowe78

He was out of position once or twice but otherwise I'm very pleased. I like how he sticks with players moving up the wing and doesn't give them much room to work with. As great as Evra was for us, he gave opponents way too much space in his last couple of seasons here and we were vulnerable in that area.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
Was it him who actually gave the ball away to Downing before Rooney's red card. In the replays they kept showing Rooney's foul, but not what happened before, so I am not entirely sure.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
If he thinks that then he must've done well. Soccer Saturday lot have become very bitter towards United so much so it's bordering on embarrassing I've stopped watching it.
I just hope we can beat Everton and Chelsea beat Arsenal, not convinced we will win league anyway. Just so we go above his and Merson's precious club. He will still think we are struggling and Arsenal are the bee knees.

Nickosaur

Was it him who actually gave the ball away to Downing before Rooney's red card. In the replays they kept showing Rooney's foul, but not what happened before, so I am not entirely sure.
He attempted to play the ball forward but it was closed down by a West Ham player. If we're being critical he probably should have played the ball a bit earlier, seemed to dwell on it.

Other than that a very solid display. He's going to be a fantastic player for us.

Gannicus

Shaw looks nailed on for left back for many years. As for Rojo he looked much happier in a central defender position and considering all the circumstances all our backs were terrific on the day. Despite the close shave on the final score and the sour notes of De Gea's and Rooney's mistakes, we should be very pleased.

AKDevil

His ball forward was blocked by a west ham player with their hand and it deflected to downing when before it was heading into box

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Him and Rafa down the wings are just absolutely terrifying. To think that we have Rooney, Di Maria, Van Persie and Falcao interchanging in their channels is just beautiful. Once this team really gels we are going to have something wonderful

Maroo

Very good performance.

I think the best thing about Shaw is that he can give us very good balance. He is a full-back who can actually defend very well (unlike most modern wing backs who love bombing up). On the left, we have Di Maria to provide us width (On the right, Rafael does that much more than Herrera) and Shaw can be a fantastic ally for his defensive skills are terrific.

Silverman

Delighted with this signing. Hopefully he cements the left back slot from now on.

Stretch

Solid performance from him. Much better than Rojo at LB. I'm hoping that this now means Rojo will be CB (where he also had a solid game) and Shaw LB from now on.

MDFC Manager

One of the best things about Shaw is that he's had brilliant footballing education and I feel it marks him out from say Jones and Smalling. He does the simple technical things like trapping the ball, passing with proper weight etc, really well. The fact that his defending, especially one on ones, is really good is extremely heartening. Lot of talk about Lukaku bullying our defense next week. If Martinez shoves him out on the right wing again, I can fully see him spending time in Shaw's back pocket.

Maroo

One of the best things about Shaw is that he's had brilliant footballing education and I feel it marks him out from say Jones and Smalling. He does the simple technical things like trapping the ball, passing with proper weight etc, really well. The fact that his defending, especially one on ones, is really good is extremely heartening. Lot of talk about Lukaku bullying our defense next week. If Martinez shoves him out on the right wing again, I can fully see him spending time in Shaw's back pocket.
I would think he would start as a CF to bully our center backs

Dr Fink

Shaw did OK Saturday. He will get better and more consistent as he gets more games. Great potential and showed that he has a burst of pace as well. That extra training looks to have paid off.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
That's atrocious! I mean, your average football fan knows more than quite a few people in the game. Absolutely shocking from Ince :lol:
It's amazing how punditry is getting worse, and how little interest these professionals have in football outside of the Premier League. They're obviously entitled to their opinions about Shaw, and we'll always disagree on stuff they say, but it's remarkable how many folk seem to think we signed 3 left backs this summer.

Databases like Transfermarkt should make research so much easier for basic stuff, and you can just about watch any top flight football match you want on the internet. Hell, they could probably stand to learn a thing or two even from having a browse on Football Manager, yet somehow the accuracy in what pundits say is getting worse and worse. No research or knowledge.

Status
Not open for further replies.