Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bojan11

Shaw being nothing special offensively is of no concern to me. He can actually defend. How many young LBs can you say that about?
Every top club has attacking fullbacks. If we had a right back who was decent attacking wise then I wouldn't be concerned. A bit like when we had Evra and Brown. Evra was the attacking force, whilst Brown stayed back. Even though Brown did have Ronaldo on his side.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Every top club has attacking fullbacks. If we had a right back who was decent attacking wise then I wouldn't be concerned. A bit like when we had Evra and Brown. Evra was the attacking force, whilst Brown stayed back. Even though Brown did have Ronaldo on his side.
Which is why I think we should allow Martial to cheat a little, hardly any wide players beat Shaw 1v1, We should leave Martial higher up the pitch to save his energy and counter attack.

Barnslig

Anyone know why Luke Shaw all of a sudden is not being selected? I read somewhere he was ill for the Zorya game, but he hasnt been featuring a lot as of after the City game, has he?

Raw

Anyone know why Luke Shaw all of a sudden is not being selected? I read somewhere he was ill for the Zorya game, but he hasnt been featuring a lot as of after the City game, has he?
He picked up a groin injury against Watford, best to just let him recover considering his previous injury troubles.

arthurka

Mou hoped he would be fit but he had the flu so he just isn't 100%.

Kush

Hyperbolic and will post where they like!!
Luke Shaw played next game after City against Watford and tweaked his groin up while trying to track back vs them. Reports suggested he would be out for 3 weeks, so at the moment he is still injured. Mourinho will put him in XI once he is fully fit, no need to worry.

SirAF

Ageist
Good thing, then he'll have two full weeks to recover and train properly.

saivet

Caught wrong side of his man. Seemed like a collection of errors in the build up, but he's got to do better there.

Devil_forever

You're only young once, you can be immature f'ever
Head of the naval division of lolibfascon
Liability at the moment.
He looked like the best left back in the league until that cnut broke his leg. He just doesn't seem to be even close the level he was before that horror tackle. Such a shame becuase we would have been set for a decade plus had he continued with that sort of form. Really really worried about what long term damage that's done to his confidence.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
He was fine until the hyperbole about the criticism he recently recieved.

acnumber9

He's been shocking. He'll be on the bench for a while playing like he has tonight.

Fergus' son

Gets very easily confused
He looked like the best left back in the league until that cnut broke his leg. He just doesn't seem to be even close the level he was before that horror tackle. Such a shame becuase we would have been set for a decade plus had he continued with that sort of form. Really really worried about what long term damage that's done to his confidence.
Calm down, he'll find his form again.

m1y2

it'sgood minutes from him even thogh he wasn't convincing today. It's just a lack of concentration and confidence, like when he started here, he will be good again, I am just glad he's fit again

Devil_forever

You're only young once, you can be immature f'ever
Head of the naval division of lolibfascon
Calm down, he'll find his form again.
I am calm. Thanks for your concern. A lot of players have never fully recovered their pre injury form post a horrific injury like the one Shaw had, heck we've had a couple of cases of that ourselves in the not too distant past, Valencia and Smith instantly come to mind.

Fergus' son

Gets very easily confused
I am calm. Thanks for your concern. A lot of players have never fully recovered their pre injury form post a horrific injury like the one Shaw had, heck we've had a couple of cases of that ourselves in the not too distant past, Valencia and Smith instantly come to mind.
No worries.

Valencia has been brilliant this season.

thepolice123

Our worst player on the pitch today. Offered nothing going forward and was below his usual standards in defence. I hope Mourinho keeps the faith in him. I really like him as a player.

3KDré

He'll be back firing on all cylinders soon enough. He's just coming from injury, give him a break.

Creepy

Account relocated to MaxiPaxi
Not worried that much. It took Ramsey a good season to get back to a decent level.

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
He and Bailly will probably both be summoned to the principals office for that defending.

NinjaFletch

Was he great for us before that? I remember he started that season well, but the season before that he was injured, stop start and ended the season probably second choice to Blind. He was hardly all-conquering and had a lot he could improve on going forward.

I don't think he was anywhere near the level people seem to think he was before he got injured.

He just needs time, he's still young.

Globule

signature/tagline creator extraordinaire
Poor performance. I don't want Blind out the side, but hope Shaw gets back to his best and starts giving Mourinho a selection headache.

Handré1990

He seemed so unsure of his positioning today, it was really painful to watch at times. Add to that a lot of awful touches and a lot of lost duels. Hope he finds some form soon. Seems to be struggling with linking up with the wing players as well.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
He needs a run of games but the hard fact is that he shouldn't be starting ahead of Blind right now. We've found our strongest four and should stick with it.

While that might be disappointing considering his potential and the unfortunate event last season, that's how this club should operate, competition is by far the best catalyst for improvement.

Handré1990

He needs a run of games but the hard fact is that he shouldn't be starting ahead of Blind right now. We've found our strongest four and should stick with it.

While that might be disappointing considering his potential and the unfortunate event last season, that's how this club should operate, competition is by far the best catalyst for improvement.
Very true. Ideally every player should have competition for his spot. Shaw should take a page from Blind's playbook when it comes to positioning and movement, with his physical attributes he has a great chance of becoming a monster of a LB.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Valencia came to a form he never reached before his injury when he recovered from it. He was truly outstanding, like nothing happened to him. His form getting worse and worse happened much later.

LouisDanGaal

You're right but its not really fair when Blind just decides which position he is going to take whenever and then just becomes the best in that position, Zlatan is probably worried about his spot against Chelsea.

Status
Not open for further replies.