Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Just look at the physiques of Rashford and Lingard and shows what gym work can do for you. Actually can some people get the old six pack easily and others could work and work and it has no affect?
Shaw had started developing one before but since the leg break his shape has just got worse and has never been the same.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Shaw had started developing one before but since the leg break his shape has just got worse.
He looks great there, apart from the crutches obviously. We will just have to see how he looks when he gets back and if it is up to the standards Jose wants. Otherwise we have Ashley, maybe Darmian if we cannot get rid and Luke in whatever shape he is in. Not great.

luke511

Shaw had started developing one before but since the leg break his shape has just got worse and has never been the same.

On this it looks like he still has a similar ab definement, he just doesn't have the same lighting to highlight it like the one you posted. Plus he's hunched over and probably tensing as well.

Andersons Dietician

He's in terrible shape let's be honest. Zero definition.

I'm in miles better nick and I work shifts, go to a shitty gym and make my own meals in tupperware.

He's at the biggest club in the country, one of the biggest in the world, has everything at his disposal yet can't seem to watch his weight.

If truth be told it's his mentality.
He could be in bulking phase. Just trying to get those gains in before he cuts down. There are pictures in that collection where you can certainly see faint 6 pack and pecs. Heck if he even dehydrated himself you’d probably see definition.
Maybe I just sympathise as I have the similar body type where kinda just naturally strong and powerful, put on muscle easily, but if I take a week or two off just eating/drinking more leinant then the rolls start to form.

We’ll see what he looks like when he returns to training, i’d Imagine he probably has a rough set limit he has to return at. One of the dudes in the pic with him I’m sure is a united staffer. See him at loads of the games, not sure who he is, actually just thought he was security but often see him with Jose.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Oh come on! He is having his holiday ffs.

Give him a break guys.
Athletes should always be in shape to be honest. Going on holiday for a couple weeks shouldnt result in losing shape like that. Just like working out for 2 weeks wouldnt get him back in shape

Ekeke

His physique would be entirely irrelevant if he was playing like his start to the 15/16 season before injury. And no having a bit of a gut doesnt mean he cant do that

TheReligion

Abusive
Just look at the physiques of Rashford and Lingard and shows what gym work can do for you. Actually can some people get the old six pack easily and others could work and work and it has no affect?
Getting a 6 pack is all about body fat. Anyone can get one if they have body fat levels sub 12%

Naturally some people hold more body fat to start with and some are leaner. That can make it more difficult (see ectomorph, endomorph, mesomorph) but anyone can achieve it with good training and diet. Diet is the key to all this.

TheReligion

Abusive
He could be in bulking phase. Just trying to get those gains in before he cuts down. There are pictures in that collection where you can certainly see faint 6 pack and pecs. Heck if he even dehydrated himself you’d probably see definition.
Maybe I just sympathise as I have the similar body type where kinda just naturally strong and powerful, put on muscle easily, but if I take a week or two off just eating/drinking more leinant then the rolls start to form.

We’ll see what he looks like when he returns to training, i’d Imagine he probably has a rough set limit he has to return at. One of the dudes in the pic with him I’m sure is a united staffer. See him at loads of the games, not sure who he is, actually just thought he was security but often see him with Jose.
Shaw is certainly an endomorph but he's also not looking after his diet.

The lad just can't seem to get motivated. It's very very worrying.

spiriticon

If he could bomb up at down the left flank contributing to defence, goals and assists for 50 games a season like all top class left backs do, nobody would give a feck about his body shape.

JohnnyLaw

In a season when he's got a long break while others play international football, it's not really good enough. Rooney got away with this stuff for a while by being a world class player and because his commitment in training and on the pitch was ferocious. Shaw hasn't got either of those things in his locker.

That said, I find the venom in this thread a bit weird. Some seem to actually hate this young man because he's not giving 100% to a job which isn't going very well. Some seem to relish calling him all sorts of names. I don't really think it's necessary, and I'd go so far as to say it's a bit weird. If nothing else, I doubt this forum is full of fitness models.
I don't think it's so weird at all. I bet most on here would give almost anything to be in his position, to see someone living their dream and not put even the most basic level of effort into it would surely be grating to people. Especially if, like me, you've been giving him the benefit of the doubt and supported him throughout his stay here.
I work out 3 times a week since a couple of weeks back, before that I ran a couple of times a week and still I wasn't as chubby back then as he is in those pictures and that's his sole fecking job, to be fit and maintain it and he's given every fecking luxury and possibility to accomplish that task.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
Absolutely stole a living at United, he doesn’t even deserve this holiday as he’s done fecking nothing all year, you’d think he would be training none stop to prove to Jose he deserves his place and he has the drive to succeed at United.....get rid of this waster.

arthurka

Being chubby doesn’t automatically make him a bad defender. He’s still one of the fastest players in the squad. He needs a run of games yes, but he can still be a very good defender while carrying extra pound, especially due to his body type. What is people’s sad obsession with weight?
Come on really? His head isnt in this and hasn't been for a long time , he should be hitting the gym and going all in to come back in the best shape of his life . Jose knows his head isnt in it and thats why Young is playing the WC not Shaw. If there were anyone left wondering why Shaw doesnt get more games under Jose there is the reason .

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Absolutely stole a living at United, he doesn’t even deserve this holiday as he’s done fecking nothing all year, you’d think he would be training none stop to prove to Jose he deserves his place and he has the drive to succeed at United.....get rid of this waster.
Aaaaand apparentley we will offer him a new contract. This nonsense with giving (big) contract to bench warmers must stop. We are not some charity organization. Is player good enough? He proved in this 4 years that he has lots of issues so sell him and cut our losses on him.

SirAF

Ageist
In a season when he's got a long break while others play international football, it's not really good enough. Rooney got away with this stuff for a while by being a world class player and because his commitment in training and on the pitch was ferocious. Shaw hasn't got either of those things in his locker.

That said, I find the venom in this thread a bit weird. Some seem to actually hate this young man because he's not giving 100% to a job which isn't going very well. Some seem to relish calling him all sorts of names. I don't really think it's necessary, and I'd go so far as to say it's a bit weird. If nothing else, I doubt this forum is full of fitness models.
None of us are getting paid 100k+ a week to stay fit though.

Nick7

I always think it's funny when people compare candid shots of people to ones where they're obviously in great lighting and know about the photo so they can tense up.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
I don't think it's unfair to be a little bit suspicious of any professional footballer who isn't ripped. It just doesn't make sense to me that someone whose body is the tool of an (extremely lucrative) trade wouldn't have very low body fat, all year round.

Rooney's lack of defined abs was something that always perturbed me and, what do you know, his career at the highest level ends almost half a decade earlier than less talented, more dedicated, peers. I don't think that's a coincidence. Micky Owen was another one with a dad bod at a relatively young age and he blatantly cared more about horses than football in his last few years as a pro.

Someone like Higuain probably bucks the trend but I'd say he's an exception that proves the rule.

El-Manos

On this it looks like he still has a similar ab definement, he just doesn't have the same lighting to highlight it like the one you posted. Plus he's hunched over and probably tensing as well.
Considering his body type, he doesn't look that out of shape to me?

reddaz71

When you consider Ronaldo is around ten years older then yes Shaw definitely has physique issues,should be in better shape for his age and thats down to a lack of discipline.

Jake

Mine's too big and gay.

Needs some cardio work.

'Fat' Rooney

Rooney was ‘fat’ there - but he had multiple world class seasons. Shaw is a joke. I honestly would just terminate his contract and set an example that we don’t tolerate mediocrity or half arsedness at our club. His performances and output has been nothing more than a joke in the seasons he has been with us.

Put it this way - he has been here 5 years and has got one assist and no goals. He’s performed at decent level defensively for a handful of games. Worst signing we have ever made. We paid 30m for this overweight clown and continue to pay him 100k a week! That is double what most of us make a year! Get him off our books ASAP

Jake

Mine's too big and gay.
I don’t even feel bad for the above post, I’m more angry that he’s taking this piss out of our club and collecting his quarter of a million pounds a month

Jake

Mine's too big and gay.
James Milner got 9 assists this CL campaign. 3x the amount that Luke Shaw has in his whole career. I’m going to stop posting in thes thread now :lol:

Devil81

Total disgrace, I'm 36 and there isn't much in it between myself and him.

In fact I think I could be in better shape with a few weeks training.

No idea why the club is allowing this, they should consider letting him rot with the reserves and allowing him to go for free. He want's to be lazy, don't offer him the training required and allow him to destroy himself, then no club will touch him. He's got everything in life you wish and hope for and he's killing his career as he clearly doesn't even care for football.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
No excuses tbf. Hes a player who should be fighting to save his career. Whether he can drop the weight is irrelevant, because it's the unprofessionalism and lack of dedication in the first place that's the problem. It's an issue that's been there for years now and will never change it looks like.

What is even worse is that we seem to be happy with keeping him on his massive wages and just rotting on the bench doing nothing. Sell him and bring in tierney and we'd be much better off.

dbryan

. Micky Owen was another one with a dad bod at a relatively young age and he blatantly cared more about horses than football in his last few years as a pro.
Not saying you are wrong with this at all. But in fairness I always Owens problem was the fact that Liverpool ran him into the ground in his early years. Once his hamstring or hamstrings went then so did most of his game to be fair. I agree though if you are a professional player then you need to have your head on right.

Bobski

Ando Mk2.

No excuses or reasons for a pro with everything to prove to be in that shape. How long is it before the non WC players are back for pre-season?

Chairman Steve

If Shaw hasn’t moved to a different club come August, then that says a lot about him.

Jose and LVG have been critical of him. 33 year old winger Ashley Young is ahead of him at left back.

If he’s staying then surely he’s almost given up his career in some extent. He knows he isn’t going to get a wage like he’s on at Utd anywhere else. He needs a new club to reset his career and time is definitely on his side.

Seven Seas Sardines

If Shaw hasn’t moved to a different club come August, then that says a lot about him.

Jose and LVG have been critical of him. 33 year old winger Ashley Young is ahead of him at left back.

If he’s staying then surely he’s almost given up his career in some extent. He knows he isn’t going to get a wage like he’s on at Utd anywhere else. He needs a new club to reset his career and time is definitely on his side.
I feel like he has given up. Us being dodos and giving him a new contract will see him even more fat and comfortable. He's milking us on every penny he can. I've been pro-Shaw for years, but I've finally had it with the spoilt brat.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Wait a minute ? What is this ? That pic doesn't seem that bad :confused: ?
I’m the same. It’s off season and he’s known as a guy whose weight fluctuates. I guess according to most he should be ripped to bits and ready for the first day of preseason given how little impact he’s had here since he came. I’m not sure the manager is managing him right though. He’s going to get a huge contract at the next club he goes to a free too. Good man managemt would mean we treat each player the best way to can to suit their needs to get the best performance for us. Wish Jose could play him and motivate him rather than let him get fat, ignore him and let him leave on a free. Then on the other hand he’s getting 100k a week to try hard at football. Is he really trying his best, was he just a horrible signing, or has he been unlucky with injuries and managers?

dbryan

I look at it another way. He is at Man Utd. If he leaves he may never get back to this level. If he truly believes in himself then why would he not stay, why would he drop down a level.

If he stays it does not mean he has "almost given up on his career". It could also means that he wants to stay and fight for his position.

If he wants to stay and at United then all the best to him. If he isn't good enough to play next season then he won't play.

I am not sure how this will all work out in the end but if he is willing to stay then I wish him all the best.

Womp

idiot
I look at it another way. He is at Man Utd. If he leaves he may never get back to this level. If he truly believes in himself then why would he not stay, why would he drop down a level.

If he stays it does not mean he has "almost given up on his career". It could also means that he wants to stay and fight for his position.

If he wants to stay and at United then all the best to him. If he isn't good enough to play next season then he won't play.

I am not sure how this will all work out in the end but if he is willing to stay then I wish him all the best.
Because if he believed in himself, he'd be confident he would get back to the top, as a great player would do. It's obvious to everyone and their dog that his career here is finished, he's been here years and has achieved feck all, he needs a new start.

If he stays it's obvious it will be financially motivated rather than for footballing reasons. I honestly feel like Shaw just really doesn't give much of a shit about this football thing.

Womp

idiot
I’m the same. It’s off season and he’s known as a guy whose weight fluctuates. I guess according to most he should be ripped to bits and ready for the first day of preseason given how little impact he’s had here since he came. I’m not sure the manager is managing him right though. He’s going to get a huge contract at the next club he goes to a free too. Good man managemt would mean we treat each player the best way to can to suit their needs to get the best performance for us. Wish Jose could play him and motivate him rather than let him get fat, ignore him and let him leave on a free. Then on the other hand he’s getting 100k a week to try hard at football. Is he really trying his best, was he just a horrible signing, or has he been unlucky with injuries and managers?

We are fecking Manchester United. :houllier: It's not Jose's responsibility to make sure Shaw isn't fecking fat, he's a professional, it's the bare minimum he gets paid for, to be in best possible shape. Why should the club or manager play a player who can't even maintain some level of professionalism?

It's not even comparable to Rooney either, that's worse than I've ever seen Rooney and he's achieved feck all compared to Rooney at that age. He's completely replaceable.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
We are fecking Manchester United. :houllier: It's not Jose's responsibility to make sure Shaw isn't fecking fat, he's a professional, it's the bare minimum he gets paid for, to be in best possible shape. Why should the club or manager play a player who can't even maintain some level of professionalism?

It's not even comparable to Rooney either, that's worse than I've ever seen Rooney and he's achieved feck all compared to Rooney at that age. He's completely replaceable.
He’s certainly replaceable but £30 million quid and 100k a week say there’s a good footballer in there somewhere, unless our scouts are totally inept? I really don’t think we scouted the players mentalities well enough over the last few years. Martial, bastian, dimaria, shaw, miki and possibly Pogba etc, all players with question marks over their desire and mentality signed on huge wages at a really delicate time in the clubs recent history.

Last edited:

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
He can be 'fat' or skinny or whatever, I don't care. But this guy has shown little commitment to improve and get back to where He was pre injury (the one He got in CL) and yet He seems totally chill about it. That's a worrying attitude and as what the other poster said... no goal and one assist in 5 years. We're too nice as a professional football club sometimes.

Roboc7

Cannot see the logic in him staying, manager doesn’t rate him and he seems like he is hard work and needs a lot of time and attention (which Mourinho will never give him).

Next season will be more of the same and then his contact expires, would surely be better to get rid now and move on.

Status
Not open for further replies.