Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

ForestRGoinUp

Last two games, he's been our best striker which is not saying much but he gives a s...unlike some of the others!

Just give him a run of 5 or 6 games and he might start a decent scoring run plus he has the touch and creativity that others currently lack.
See now that’s an interesting take. Many could look at his performances and say he doesn’t give a rip at all and is only playing for himself. Far and away the most selfish looking player on the surface.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Rashford & Martial are still young, of course they are inconsistent. Both aren't Messi, Ronaldo, Rooney or Zlatan, they have their own potential. If the manager is willing to give the same love and the same amount of chances as how much he has given to Lukaku, both of them would have been our regular starter by now.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
Rashford & Martial are still young, of course they are inconsistent. Both aren't Messi, Ronaldo, Rooney or Zlatan, they have their own potential. If the manager is willing to give the same love and the same amount of chances as how much he has given to Lukaku, both of them would have been our regular starter by now.
Rashford has played more than his actual performances have warranted since the start of last season. The fact he hasn't cemented a spot is on him.

I guess an argument can be made (although we simply can't know the truth of it) that the way Mourinho was using him, or the coaching and instructions he was getting, is somewhat at fault. But gametime certainly can't be blamed as he's had more than his generally poor performances have deserved.

Man Utd 3:2 Newcastle

el3mel

As I said in the match day, lad is the new Welbeck, except Welbeck was useful some times. I honestly can't see it with him unlike Martial.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
It was a rough game, credit to him for getting into a couple of good scoring positions, but his two missed headers were awful, he should have had at least one. When he came off, the team dynamic improved.

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
Not good enough. I have been consistent in saying this since his debut - I'm begging him to prove me wrong, but he hasn't thus far.

Kopral Jono

Rashford is one of our own and all that but seems to have stagnated a bit in terms of developing into a proper player. He was atrocious today.

Based Adnan

Worrying how out of place he looks. His status at the club seems untouchable going by the playtime he's receiving based on his performances and even the fact he was given number 10. Needs to fix up sharp else his place in the squad should be considered.

superdry

touched by a genius
Not as quick as he was, not as nimble, clumsy, can't head a ball, shite decision making, but he's young:rolleyes:

Inception

Rashford has been terrible ever since he got the number 10 jersey, should go back to 19.

Hope he comes back into form, but judging on today he was atrocious.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
He's just utterly out of confidence, and Jose's post game comments aren't going to help him any. That's what really annoys me about Jose, you are only burying a player, your player, without confidence into an even deeper hole instead of extending a hand and trying to pull him out of it.

Classical Mechanic

He's just utterly out of confidence, and Jose's post game comments aren't going to help him any. That's what really annoys me about Jose, you are only burying a player, your player, without confidence into an even deeper hole instead of extending a hand and trying to pull him out of it.
What did he say?

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
As I said in the match day, lad is the new Welbeck, except Welbeck was useful some times. I honestly can't see it with him unlike Martial.
Martial was nothing better up until 70th minute. Rashford was actually trying more unlike Martial who was hiding as usual until then.

el3mel

Martial was nothing better up until 70th minute. Rashford was actually trying more unlike Martial who was hiding as usual until then.
Martial has far better technical quality and can do things with the ball.

Rashford is starting to slip into the same "local lad" category that was said to defend Lingard, running a lot and so.

Classical Mechanic

Basically singled him out along with McTominay, called McTominay scared and said Rashford looked sad, like he didn't want to be on the field.
What does he expect when he plays a rookie midfielder (who isn’t that good anyway) in defence. As for Rashford, he always plays better for England but question marks remain as to how good he will be. He should be kept around the squad in my opinion, however.

cyberman

He just said what everybody can see. Rashford humself would say the same thing, he did look sad.
Time to put the big boy pants on, he wants to start for Manchester United.
He's had too many of these games despite Jose giving him chance after chance.

Aloysius's Back 3

Was good at finding himself in the right place at the right time but fluffed some chances.

He only got 2 chances today because every ball that was played was crossed in due to the habitual nature of playing with Lukaku & Fellani upfront.

Watch him become a fantastic striker under a manager who is attacking & aims to build a team that can simply do more than cross.

Better as a central striker than a winger which is the opposite to Lukaku - the undrppabble one.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
He just said what everybody can see. Rashford humself would say the same thing.
Time to put the big boy pant on, he wants to start for Manchester United.
He's had too many of these games despite Jose giving him chance after chance.
I agree, but he's the fecking manager who has to get something out of those players. When you speak about young players, especially McTominay who you're putting in a position he's clearly not suited for, you don't tear them down every chance you get. Just because it's the truth, doesn't mean it should be spoken by the manager who is supposed to bring up these players.

ash_86

I don't care if anyone disagree, he's not good enough to be playing for us at the moment. Needs to go out on loan and get some experience.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Keep working on control and finishing, laddie ! Things will get eventually better.

Question for our coaching team if they're doing everything to make this talent spread wings and take more responsibilities.

cyberman

I agree, but he's the fecking manager who has to get something out of those players. When you speak about young players, especially McTominay who you're putting in a position he's clearly not suited for, you don't tear them down every chance you get. Just because it's the truth, doesn't mean it should be spoken by the manager who is supposed to bring up these players.
But he wasn't torn down, all Jose said was that he looked sad.
Im sure in a proper conversation he might explain it away as a reaction to missing the easy header but Jose didn't exactly rinse him here.
If Rashford can't see that then he doesn't belong at a top club.

I just dont see it with him. He doesn't have the goal scorers instinct to play up front and he is far too loose and wasteful to play on the side.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Martial has far better technical quality and can do things with the ball.

Rashford is starting to slip into the same "local lad" category that was said to defend Lingard, running a lot and so.
Yes, and for all Martial's talent he is hardly putting better performances than Rashford, that's the problem.

LJJT

I don’t think it’s right to slate him. He did ok, he’s low on confidence in a low in confidence team. He got in the position for chances he missed, unlike others. On another day when it’s going our way he would score one or two. I think he was better than martial today to be honest.

Classical Mechanic

Keep working on control and finishing, laddie ! Things will get eventually better.

Question for our coaching team if they're doing everything to make this talent spread wings and take more responsibilities.
That’s the flip side, he gets into good positions when he plays more central but misses too many chances. His goal scoring record isn’t bad for a forward of his age: 8 then 11 then 13. Plenty of top strikers developed similarly in terms of goal scoring return. His bottom level is low though and when he’s bad, he’s really bad.

el3mel

Yes, and for all Martial's talent he is hardly putting better performances than Rashford, that's the problem.
But he has a higher ceiling, and if he improved his flaws he'll be top player. Out of our attacking players he seems to be the only one who at least knows what to do with the ball in his feet.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Martial should not even be in competition with Rashford. Rashford should compete with Sanchez/Mata on the right, Martial should start on the left or up front every game. He's just capable of link up play, better touch, getting out of trouble much better than Rashford. When Martial fecks up, which he does quite a bit as well, it's usually in the last third and it's trying to create some kind of danger. Rashford just doesn't have the same talent and ability as Martial and should not be a starter for this club. That being said, Lukaku is so awful that there's a way he could start up front along with Martial and Sanchez/Mata, but I don't think he has what it takes to be a striker. I want to see Lukaku benched so he can get a breather and see how he reacts from there.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
The lack of improvement in his game is alarming. Looks worse than the player that banged Arsenal for two.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
That’s the flip side, he gets into good positions when he plays more central but misses too many chances. His goal scoring record isn’t bad for a forward of his age: 8 then 11 then 13. Plenty of top strikers developed similarly in terms of goal scoring return. His bottom level is low though and when he’s bad, he’s really bad.
Yup. When whole team playing so bad, he's not mature just yet to possess mentality in turning things for better on the pitch.

He needs a role model, shame there's no Zlatan, while Lukaku seems to have problems on his own.

-Supreme-

I'm just glad that he has finally been removed from taking any corners and freekicks.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
Other than the occasional good match here and there, Rashford has generally been poor since the start of last season. He really should be taken completely out of the firing line for a while to get his head in order, but the media have latched onto him and will absolutely crucify us and Mourinho if we did so.

Status
Not open for further replies.