Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Handré1990

Just saw extended highlights. He was really good. How about Kane though? He’s on a different level to most strikers nowadays. Has everything. The way he held up the ball against 3-4 players and put Rashford through, just beautiful.

Again I think my assessment of Rashford as an instinctive striker shone through.
Play with speed and he’ll be a danger every game.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Now THAT was the Rashford we know from his first season. Seemed composed and took his goal really well. Love the pass for Sterling too, weighted and angled to perfection.

Worked his ass off as well which is unusual for such an explosive player, top performance.

With him, Sterling and Sancho England's forwards look set for a good few years.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout

Yeah Southgate's a real hero persevering with Rashford in the crunch tournament that is the UEFA Nation's League. I'm not even saying it's necessarily wrong to be frustrated with Rashford's situation at United nor Jose's role in it but let's at least compare apples with apples. Rashford being 'allowed' to develop in glorified friendlies for England while being cruelly denied the chance to grow at United (where every defeat is fecking Armageddon in the press) is one of the shittiest narratives in football.

Classical Mechanic

Sterling, Rashford, Sancho, Foden, Maddison, Nelson, Hudson Odoi, Gomes, Smith-Rowe, Jones, M Greenwood, S Greenwood, Carvalho, K Dembele, Sarimento, Elliot, Gerhardt etc.

There's loads of high level attacking talent coming up through the ranks currently.

TheFlagStaysDown

Supports
Shamrock rovers
Just saw extended highlights. He was really good. How about Kane though? He’s on a different level to most strikers nowadays. Has everything. The way he held up the ball against 3-4 players and put Rashford through, just beautiful.

Again I think my assessment of Rashford as an instinctive striker shone through.
Play with speed and he’ll be a danger every game.
To think of the time when people tried hard to compare him to Lukaku. That was fantastic piece of play only Drogba and couple of other top no9 would be possible to do, shame he will probably retire in Spurs or go to Real who will be willing to pay that money for him. He'd be perfect United striker. What makes him a world class striker is also that he's very consistent and works hard every game. Something Lukaku is terrible at..

Righteous Steps

Now THAT was the Rashford we know from his first season. Seemed composed and took his goal really well. Love the pass for Sterling too, weighted and angled to perfection.

Worked his ass off as well which is unusual for such an explosive player, top performance.

I don't think Rashford will be in that front three in a few years, a lot of better talented youngsters coming through behind him, heck Sterling would do well to keep his place, by the time the next world cup comes.

Rashford is still a big talent though, definitely deserves more patience and time, he has already achieved a great lot at his age.

Devil may care

His assist and goal were both quality, pleased from him, hopefully it'll boost his confidence and he can bring it with him into a United shirt as he's bound to feature in one of the two big upcoming games.

Red00012

I’m starting to think there’s meaningful competition for the martial lovers from the rashford lovers.

Dante

Average bang
He's played right wing several times in the last few weeks, both for United and England. I think he's adding much needed versatility to his game. It's very encouraging.

Most of the references I've seen about his 'poor decision making' have been misdirected, imo. I expect certain growing pains when a youngster attempts to figure out how to react in a given situation on the pitch. Not every player is a natural at it.

Rashford's clearly been playing outside of the comfort zone of his breakout season, and that's meant he's messed up every now and again. Posters on here have been brutal about it, though. I don't personally think that there's much to be concerned about when a player at the age of 20 goes through this kind of spell. As long as he learns from these mistakes over time, he'll be on course to fulfill his potential. Can anyone seriously argue he's not ahead of where Zaha, for example, was at the same age? If Rashers can combine his big game mentality to the obvious talent that he has, he could become a monster of a player.

At his current rate of development, I wouldn't be surprised if he becomes first choice on the right of attack by Christmas. Whether he stays there or not depends on transfer activity in January.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
May be international break isn't bad after all. Some players can be benefit from it and Rashford is one of them, a good way to give players more confidence.

Web of Bissaka

Not sure where to post but this was great.

You created these P. Performances thread - do whatever you want. :smirk:

Ok, seriously, Rashford commented on his WC performance there, so it's still on topic.

These kind of things are also what so special about the club we supported though, currently it's the "Manchester United Foundation" and their multi-partnership.
https://www.youtube.com/user/ManUtdFoundation for more.
I just hope future regime doesn't change it for whatever reason.

AndersB

Everything he did today was either extremely simple or very bad - except that (important) quick pass to Martial

marktan

Brainless kick-and-run merchant for us,intelligent energetic team player for England.
Nah for England Spain played really high, all our goals came from counters with lots of space. Rashford unfortunately when confronted with a normal, non pushed up defence has no clue what to do with the ball, nor the skillset to actually pull anything off. He's a striker playing out wide and always will be.

The_Midfielder

i think he was good on the right.. Gave Luis and Alonso problems .. if we had a Shaw clone on the right ..he would be flying

Stadjer

Was the pass to Martial really that special? Looked like a pretty normal pass to me.. What Martial did with it wasnt normal or average but the pass itself was not that special i think.

He was terrible today.. almost all attacks ended when he got the ball.

mewnew11

It's wierd with rashford. He looks like he is always running away from the ball. Any 50 50 and you can bet rashford will loose it.

Some of the decision making is atrocious.

cyberman

Theres times he just gives up and blindly smacks the ball against the defenders legs instead of working the position.

Handré1990

I’d rather start Sanchez on the right for now. He might be equally bad overall, but will create much more. Give Rashford some time to find his cool again. Will become a very good player in the future imo, just not there yet.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Excellent vision for the assist. Some good moments, some sloppy, he just needs a run of games. Considering our right wing options are woeful, I'd keep him there and let him learn the position more and more. See if he can grow into it as the potential is there. Pace, can dribble and whip in crosses, and offers a goal threat. We'll see if he can put it all together, but I'd keep him out there.

Walters_19_MuFc

Problem is, he isn't a right winger, and you can see he's much more comfortable running from the left than he is running from the right.

Wasn't great today but made a lovely pass to Martial for his second, which ultimately got us the point.

We really need a right winger come January.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
I'm a big Rashford fan but I don't like him on the right, great assist but he leaves more to be desired out on the right flank. Doesn't look comfortable so close to the touchline.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
We know he's better than what we get out of him, but often it looks like him that's the issue. Strange. He contributed though, so at least we had a right wing.

VJ1762

We know he's better than what we get out of him, but often it looks like him that's the issue. Strange. He contributed though, so at least we had a right wing.
In the first half though, everybody was having a go at our front three when martial and rashford weren't crossing the half way line and playing as auxiliary full backs. I just knew that we would start playing once we concede. Our team is like a Windows machine. Taking it's own sweet time to randomly turn on and turn off. And Pogba was commanding in the second half.

I can't figure out how he looks like a totally different player in the England shirt. Jose should tell him that Man Utd comes first.

The One and Only

He's so frustrating to watch. Misses simple passes and runs into blind alleys all the time. Have no confidence in him to do anything productive when he is around the box.

Status
Not open for further replies.