Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rory 7

Another Aaron Lennon in the making.

To say he has no football intelligence is being too kind, the guy is just thick. Flat out stupid.

Kick and sprint, a Fifa footballer.
Ouch. Hard to disagree. I think he has a bit more about him than that but I’ve never felt he’d become a ‘top top’ player.

drdoityourself

He is the only one of the front four who can do any kind of pressing. I like that.

That being said when he's on the ball he has no idea what he is going to do. There seems no thought behind it, just put his head down, run with it until he stops on a defender or runs out of grass.
He is getting far to many opportunities, puts in a good performances nowadays 1 game out of 10. Maybe some other young United youth products deserve a chance?

el3mel

He is not shite for 1.5 years. First of all, we are just 2 or 3 months in new season, and second he had decent spells last season, especially in first half of the season. He has scored more goals than Martial last season in CL, and had similar stats in the premierleague.

We signed Sanchez who is earning probably around 5 times as much as him and he is performing even worse than him, and yet people are criticising Rashford more than him.
He was pretty poor the entire last season. I don't remember a single period when he was good. When was that ?

I don't understand dropping Sanchez and Martial names around. This is Rashford thread. I'm pretty sure Sanchez has been slaughtered more than enough in his own.

Just because Sanchez has been shite doesn't necessarily makes Rashford great.

Last edited:

fellaini's barber

Was he still playing right wing in the second half? Because whenever Young was with the ball in attack he was never anywhere close by to support. And I've noticed he doesn't make runs behind when we attack, he runs to the person with the ball instead. Very thick player

tomaldinho1

I feel like he's in no mans land these days from a positioning and decisions perspective. He's a CF who has been moved wide because a) we don't have anyone else in form and b) Jose persists with Lukaku (you can copy and paste this for Martial as well)

He's got an excellent shot on him and obviously his great strength is his pace/acceleration off the ball. On the RW you feel Mou put him there to shackle Sandro rather than to use him as an attacking weapon. I think you either play him as a CF or have him on the bench as a useful utility sub who can cover the wide positions as well.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
He isn’t good enough to be a top player, but what’s arguably more alarming is that his attitude and his commitment levels seem to have dropped too. Lazy, lethargic performance.. Which appears to be all you need to do in order to get a position in our front 3.

I have time for Rashford he's young - he doesn't play like this for England because Southgate actually coaches him. Only when he comes back to us he looks clueless.

roykeane19

My first impressions of a player are mostly accurate, when all my ffriends were raving about him and Martial, I always said Martial is way ahead of him. As I described him when he first started, hes a kick and run merchant, with no brain.
I know we just lost and everyone is pissed, but this isnt knee jerk, its what I`ve always thought about him, whenever I see him play.

Backrow Singer

I have time for Rashford he's young - he doesn't play like this for England because Southgate actually coaches him. Only when he comes back to us he looks clueless.
I find myself shaking my head at a fair few of your comments and this is another. Really poor. He does exactly the same for England. He is unable to retain possession of the ball when pressure is applied to him. I counted four occasions in the first half an hour alone where he failed to release the ball to a player who was in a better position than him and it stopped us gaining any form of momentum. Baffling that a player can produce a performance like that, demonstrating so little awareness and enthusiasm and you’re suggesting another part is the one to blame.

One of the main differences tonight for me was their ability to remain composed on the ball and to retain it under pressure. Couple of times tonight we had decent shape going forward but players were unable to keep hold of it and pick the pass out. It kills your attack and until we find players who will spot those passes, we’ll struggle in big games.

Last edited:

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
He's a bit shit for us and not a United level yet. I do like him though. L

Inception

I like that he presses the opposition. But when he's on the ball, he is dreadful. Replace him with sanchez or lingard when they're fit.

Stubble

So exciting when he first came into the team, scoring great goals, all kinds of little tricks and skills and interplay with other forwards - looked a real prospect.
Has very quickly changed into a very one-dimensional, predicable, straight line, kick and run speed merchant with no other attacking tools.
How did that happen ? Poor coaching ? Is he being instructed to play like that ? Lack of brainpower ? Confidence lacking ? Wrong position in team ?
You tell me...
I'd like to see what an attacking coach could get out of him at Utd (he's definitely better for England).

Reactions: Fortitude

Asger

So exciting when he first came into the team, scoring great goals, all kinds of little tricks and skills and interplay with other forwards - looked a real prospect.
Has very quickly changed into a very one-dimensional, predicable, straight line, kick and run speed merchant with no other attacking tools.
How did that happen ? Poor coaching ? Is he being instructed to play like that ? Lack of brainpower ? Confidence lacking ? Wrong position in team ?
You tell me...
I'd like to see what an attacking coach could get out of him at Utd (he's definitely better for England).
Better for England does’t matter, Podolski was great for Germany but not as good for his clubs.

Zoo

He looked frustrated by the end. I don’t want to be too critical because Alex Sandro simply bossed him all game.

Kopral Jono

I find myself shaking my head at a fair few of your comments and this is another. Really poor. He does exactly the same for England. He is unable to retain possession of the ball when pressure is applied to him. I counted four occasions in the first half an hour alone where he failed to release the ball to a player who was in a better position than him and it stopped us gaining any form of momentum. Baffling that a player can produce a performance like that, demonstrating so little awareness and enthusiasm and you’re suggesting another part is the one to blame.

One of the main differences tonight for me was their ability to remain composed on the ball and to retain it under pressure. Couple of times tonight we had decent shape going forward but players were unable to keep hold of it and pick the pass out. It kills your attack and until we find players who will spot those passes, we’ll struggle in big games.
Agree. Rashford has been on my mind all morning for whatever reason. Whilst my previous position was that he's a fantastic talent who happens to be dreadfully out of form, a part of me is now wondering if maybe he just isn't good enough. Being dreadfully out of form for a month or so is one thing, but being out of form for comfortably more than year is another.

You tell me...
He's great for England because he's playing second or third tier opposition. He is strong, fast and used to playing at a higher pace, so he looks great against Switzerland or the Spanish second team. Ultimately though he's not good enough at the top level.

superdry

touched by a genius
He's bigger and slower than he was when he first broke into the first team. What he's got know is, well .... not enough to become even a decent player.

Alabaster Codify7

Agree. Rashford has been on my mind all morning for whatever reason. Whilst my previous position was that he's a fantastic talent who happens to be dreadfully out of form, a part of me is now wondering if maybe he just isn't good enough. Being dreadfully out of form for a month or so is one thing, but being out of form for comfortably more than year is another.
He isn't out of form,he's not particularly good. He's West Ham or Everton level at best.

Tibs

Where was he in the second half? Young was or right back and right winger

Smores

Rewind 10 years ago, himself and Lingard would have been given a league cup debut and quickly sold on, under the radar
That's not true at all, we had plenty players worse than those two get games.

They'd be subs though and it speaks volumes that we essentially make do with these on the wings. We need a proper right winger ffs

Classical Mechanic

He's great for England because he's playing second or third tier opposition. He is strong, fast and used to playing at a higher pace, so he looks great against Switzerland or the Spanish second team. Ultimately though he's not good enough at the top level.
When did England play the Spanish second team?

acnumber9

Does he forget all the coaching Southgate gives him three days later?

Classical Mechanic

They didn't.
Thought as much.

Does he forget all the coaching Southgate gives him three days later?
He plays a completely different role for England, he makes a lot of runs through the middle and players actually pass to him when he does so. In England's last few games they have played some excellent counter attacking transitions that he has been a part of.

United currently have zero cohesion in attacking transitions and Lukaku is terrible as a focal point.

I'm not saying that Rashford will be good enough long term for England or United but he looks a different player for England.

acnumber9

Thought as much.

He plays a completely different role for England, he makes a lot of runs through the middle and players actually pass to him when he does so. In England's last few games they have played some excellent counter attacking transitions that he has been a part of.

United currently have zero cohesion in attacking transitions and Lukaku is terrible as a focal point.

I'm not saying that Rashford will be good enough long term for England or United but he looks a different player for England.
That’s fair enough and he obviously isn’t very good as a right winger. I’m just questioning the notion that he’s better for England because of Southgate’s coaching.

kkengvib

He shouldn't have ever been put out wide. When he first broke into the team he looked like a poacher. I had hoped we would have someone that would be able to make runs in behind the defense and become something like Chicharito.

Since she's been getting games on the left, it seems like all the hype has gotten to him and he now thinks he's CR7 in the making. Insists on dribbling when his control is really poor - he's only got pace. Only thing he does is tap it forward and sprints after it. This belief that he's some sort of winger that can take people on has ruined him. He's a player that needs space to run into. He's got decent technique striking the ball but these days he puts too much emphasis in trying to get a 'perfect shot' rather than just finishing based on instinct.

Genuinely concerned whether he'll end up being one of those players that will never realize his potential.

Last edited by a moderator:

JoaquinJoaquin

Cannot remember his last good game for us to be honest. Looks like he has lost a yard of pace somehow aswell. Hate to say it but this guy is another Welbeck or Walcott.

youngrell

Seems to be lacking in both confidence and intelligence. Under LvG I believe he was getting hands on coaching and was improving rapidly, but now he seems left to his own devices and struggles with decision making.

For instance, he'll be one on one with a full back and opt to cut back and pass, but when he's facing 2 or 3 defenders he tries to have a run at them. Baffling decisions time and time again. He also seems to make the same runs as other players, which is completely pointless, did it a few times to Mata last night.

Mick321

It's really worrying he's spending these development years being "coached" by a manager who absolutely hates attacking players.

RedEM10

Sweaty Foot Monster
Any other player on the bench would have done more in a right winger role than Rashford last night. Alex Sandro bossed him and he went into his shell and accepted defeat early on. Very very poor attitude

Zoo

His corners are consistently awful. This should have been addressed a long time ago but then who knows what Jose does in training.

Canagel

I want to see him under a different manager first. When he plays for england he consistently gets into goal scoring positions. The attack is more fluid and Rashford is a part of it. That isn't happening at United. None of our attackers look close to scoring. It's basically dependent on Martial or Pogba to come with individual brilliance or Fellaini to save us at the end.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
He's stagnated terribly. I get that he's young but he's played well over 100 games for us and his decision making is truly horrific. He's bringing nothing to the team at the moment.

AP88

Supports
Man City
He’s, at best, a sharp penalty box player with fantastic kicking technique. Beyond that, his dribbling is awful and his football intelligence is substandard. He’s only going to be a Vardy/Hernandez-type finisher, and that will only suffice for a top club from the bench.

Mason Greenwood will surely eclipse him within 18 months - his natural talent and football IQ already seems to be superior, albeit at a less significant level but you can tell he has an elite aura around him that Rashford lacks.

For what Mourinho requires from him at the minute, Welbeck would be a better fit - for all of his limitations and chaos, at least Welbeck actually used to provide a Heskey-esque outlet, be able to hold the ball up and occupy the opposition to benefit others rather than just kick it down the line and chase.

KennyBurner

My first impressions of a player are mostly accurate, when all my ffriends were raving about him and Martial, I always said Martial is way ahead of him. As I described him when he first started, hes a kick and run merchant, with no brain.
I know we just lost and everyone is pissed, but this isnt knee jerk, its what I`ve always thought about him, whenever I see him play.
same here too. Never really thought much of him. What I really like of him was his determination and thats it. His physical presence does absolutely nothing in todays game because he doesn't have the technique or intelligence to make good use of it. he is still young but has no coach to teach him what to do with the ball. His first instnct ALWAYS is to kick the ball way ahead of him and run. That is just disgraceful for a top prospect in todays game. He really should not be a starter but then the manager has other ideas.

Status
Not open for further replies.