Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Classical Mechanic

3 of the team England faced were in Spain's World Cup starting 11.
They had 5/11 from their last World Cup game, 7/14 after subs. Iniesta, Pique, Silva and Monreal have retired after the World Cup and Enrique doesn't like Alba.

The team that played England was less Isco but plus Alcantara among their key players from the side that beat Croatia and was subsequently hailed as a new generation to take them to the top of the international game again.

It is a new look side but it was a first XI less the injured Costa and Isco.

Patrick08

Don't need to be too harsh on him. That defense was too good for him to make an impact on his wrong side.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
He should be getting a run as a CF right now with Lukaku's form, but the issue of us having NOBODY capable of playing on the right wing means he's shoved out there just because he's quick.

Let's be honest he looks absolutely lost on the RW, hasn't got a clue how to take on a man or shape his body unfortunately.

His skills seems to have dried up too, I remember when he burst into the team he was doing step overs and flicks galore. Thought we'd have the new Brazilian Ronaldo. What a shame :(

Bobski

We should have spent the last 2 years developing Rashford and Martial at CF instead of wasting our time on Zlatan and Lukaku.

Man Utd 2:1 Everton

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Shit in front of goal. Look at that one on one.
No real conviction he would score, just wanted to get an effort on goal.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
Martial must be shit in front of goal missing a way easier chance then.

He missed because of the poor first touch, not his finishing. Pogba subsequently missed a chanced in a similar position. You have to just go for power in those situations and hope it slips by the keeper but Pickford had a good game.

Don't get all the criticism either, he had a decent game and ran their backline ragged creating loads of spaces and allowing us to actually play some good football.

Djemba-Djemba

Not good at all but he ran about a bit I suppose which gives him an advantage over Lukaku.

He's never going to be a number 9 in my opinion though.

Doracle

Solid display but frustrating he was taken off when his pace and movement on the counter might have yielded more chances. Hopefully did enough to merit another start next match.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
He wasn't as bad today as against Juventus, he was more involved and his build up was better. Was unlucky with the chance he missed, had a lot of time to think about it and his first touch took him well wide. Was better than Lukaku has been, the team played better around him as well, whether or not there's any correlation I don't know but I'd keep him there for that alone.

soap

Directionless weirdo who like booze and ganja
Poor, unfortunately. I don't think he's ever going to be anything close to a "complete" forward. That's not say he can't still be a very good attacking option for us - I definitely think he can nail down a place in the first team he in a few seasons. I think it would need to be in a very particular set up though. He's far from just a poacher of course, when in form he's more than capable of beating a man and of getting involved in quick passing moves in and around the box, I just don't envisage him ever being able to drop deep or hold the ball up particularly well.

Devil may care

I'm sure Howson will have a vid about how he was better than Martial, at any rate he at least offered us more movement and energy up top than we have been getting from Lukaku of late.

Minimalist

Too raw. He's a sub at best.

How he gets starts at international level is beyond me.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
Didn't take his opportunity, could have really put some pressure on Lukaku had he been more of a threat. Thought his linkup play was pretty good though. Don't really see him as a lone striker, a supporting striker, yes.

ErranMorad

He is not a starting striker for a club looking to go back to the top, not for now at least. He may work in a two striker formation, but definitely not as a lone striker in a 433 or 4231. He should rotate with Martial for the left attacking position. It should be Sanchez who should play up top in the absence of Lukaku.

We need a massive upgrade for the striker position. Need to find a Van Persie kind of talent if we want to compete for big honors. Neither of the options at the club right now are going to cut it.

Kopral Jono

Rashford not great by any stretch, but made us much more fluid in attack.
Absolutely. There were times tonight where I felt our front three resembled the Tevez-Rooney-Ronaldo triumvirate a bit... well, a third-rate version of it, but still.

emdee

Attack was much better today thanks in part to his movement which opened things for Martial and Pogba. There was a noticeable drop in play when Lukaku came on.

LJJT

Getting a bit worried about him. Loads of potential, loads going for him but every game so far this year he’s been a bit under whelming. He needs to start having a bit more influence on games to justify playing every week

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Not a lone striker. He should never play that. He would be very good second striker i think. But for now, he should learn to play on the right wing

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Not confident about him infront of goal but I'd sacrifice that for a player that keep defenders busy. It's not like Lukaku's prime Ruud.

tomaldinho1

Had a solid game, doing the unseen stuff that allows a team to build attacks. The amount of runs he was making just keeps CBs moving. I doubt he'll ever be a truly WC striker but just having his mobility and speed makes us a better team because he is always available to run in behind, he runs the channels and he's got a bit of bite/agression which i like.

For those slating him - we looked much better all round today and he was a part of that & it's the first time he's been up top for us in a while. Let the boy play a little.

Canagel

He gave us a different dynamic today even if he didn't score. It was a welcome change seeing the striker closing down defenders and pressing. When lukaku came on the everton center backs could suddenly come forward and start passing because the man doesn't move. Rashford at least had them occupied.

JK-27

Not a good performance from him today, still looks confused about what to do, when to lay it off, when to take a player on, he just seems to get confused at the last moment and rather than picking an option, picks no option at all and loses the ball. He needs to get that sorted.

manunited1919

Too raw. He's a sub at best.

How he gets starts at international level is beyond me.
Yes. It’s difficult with Rashford, he needs minutes to develop, but then he doesn’t really perform to the highest standards. Sometimes I think we should loan him out to a team where he will get more chances to play as a striker.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Very rarely makes a meaningful impact these days, but I’d pick him over Lukaku any day.

He’s not showing enough though, and I think he’s being saved due to being young (hope eternal) and being English. Jose barely has any credit with the English media as it is, and he has to be careful in marginalising Rashford. What will likely happen if he doesn’t improve is something similar to the Rooney situation, where it took Southgate to make the decision in a white shirt first to allow a United manager who is not Sir Alex to get away with making it in a red one. Rashford had a great game for England the other day, but in general, he won’t be able to retain his place in the team with this Golden generation of talent applying pressure on current form. The media will be demanding Sancho is included soon for a start.

Web of Bissaka

Fluidity with him leading the line.

Combine well with Martial, Pogba and Martial.

Maybe underrated,
- Always give a threat of running behind the defensive line, this pushes the opposing defenders back, creating more spaces for our attackers and Pogba, plus constant running option upfront for through balls.

Don't care about his finishing, we have clinical Martial to compensate that.

Sauldogba

I prefered him as a lone striker when he played under Van Gaal.
I think he could be good in a front two to be honest.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
He didn't score. Somehow other players, instead of just lumped it to striker for a flick (like when Lukaku was there), tried to play the ball behind the centerbacks. Which was pretty useful to pin back their defence and created more space for our attacking midfielders. I'd like to see him more as striker.

Last edited:

Water Melon

He didn't score. Somehow other players, instead of just lumped it to striker for a flick (like when Lukaku was there), tried to play the ball behind the centerbacks. Which was pretty useful to pin back their defence and created more space for our attacking midfielders.
Exactly. Although Marcus is not that clinical, he adds so much to our collective game. Rom at least needs to match Rashfords overall contribution. So far, he is behind in the pecking order for me.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Exactly. Although Marcus is not that clinical, he adds so much to our collective game. Rom at least needs to match Rashfords overall contribution. So far, he is behind in the pecking order for me.
Mou should give Rashford a fair chance, as he's given Lukaku of 8 games playing shite.

flappyjay

If it means no more hoof ball, may Rashford continue to play. We also played some decent football

Status
Not open for further replies.