Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Utdstar01

Played pretty well today but didn't really see any of the ball in the 2nd half.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
I think I was too pissed off to notice his contribution, but just watched motd and he was good with his movement on and off the ball today.

Zlatattack

Played well today. Under the right manager he could become a good striker or wide attacker for us. He's only 21.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
He played okay to good. His first assist was inch perfect, but there was no way he intended that to be. His second assist came from him running away from the goal, catching a lucky break by nutmegging the closest defender, & finding Herrera trailing. Neither one of these were brilliant plays, neither one of these were drawn up. I take the fact that he still makes bad runs head down with the ball (somewhat like the second assist) as proof he just isn’t improving enough & may never.

It’s a double edge sword - he shouldn’t be man of the match, &, if he is, we currently suck worse than we realize.

haram

He played okay to good. His first assist was inch perfect, but there was no way he intended that to be. His second assist came from him running away from the goal, catching a lucky break by nutmegging the closest defender, & finding Herrera trailing. Neither one of these were brilliant plays, neither one of these were drawn up. I take the fact that he still makes bad runs head down with the ball (somewhat like the second assist) as proof he just isn’t improving enough & may never.

It’s a double edge sword - he shouldn’t be man of the match, &, if he is, we currently suck worse than we realize.
:lol:

red4ever 79

Did ok yesterday. Made two goals and worked hard. That being said his shot which went out of the stadium sums his striking capability up. Should never have been taken off ahead of Lukaku though.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Severely underrated on this forum these days. The majority would swap him for Jesus or Asensio in an heartbeat and yet he's had a much better goal/assist ratio than them even though he's playing in a Mourinho team. Such a class act.

BlackBen

Wow, so you mean he made something out of nothing? Sounds like a good thing to me but hey let's not give the poor guy his credit. He's shite blah blah blah

Reactions: KM

Sylar

Not based on this game, but I'd be interested to see the coaching for our attacking. How we work on movement, patterns, interchanging etc

I reckon it's limited but regardless rashford up top in a two is the best for him

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
People really hate our academy products, not even one page of praise when he singlehandedly got us two goals. Ridiculous. Should we start calling it racism like in the Sterling thread?

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...

:lol: Embarrassing

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Very positive game. More of that please. I just enjoy watching him play with confidence.

Ekeke

People really hate our academy products, not even one page of praise when he singlehandedly got us two goals. Ridiculous. Should we start calling it racism like in the Sterling thread?
Can you explain how he single handedly got us two goals scored by Lukaku and Ander?

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Can you explain how he single handedly got us two goals scored by Lukaku and Ander?
Lukaku's was easy finish, Ander's was nice though, but he created them almost out of nothing. Easily MOTM.

Ekeke

Lukaku's was easy finish, Ander's was nice though, but he created them almost out of nothing. Easily MOTM.
So he didn't get us two goals single handedly?

He also fecked up an easy goal at the start of the match trying to be clever and missing his pass.

Ander was motm

NinjaFletch

Severely underrated on this forum these days. The majority would swap him for Jesus or Asensio in an heartbeat and yet he's had a much better goal/assist ratio than them even though he's playing in a Mourinho team. Such a class act.
Yep, notable how little praise he's getting given how eager everyone is to slag him off.

Devil may care

Saved the bacon yesterday, two determined pieces of play from him created both our goals, just needs to get his shooting boots on as well.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Yep, notable how little praise he's getting given how eager everyone is to slag him off.
Yup just one and half pages of his praise with a few posts saying that "He was lucky to get two assists" and other saying that "Fergie would have sold him and Lingard off(:lol:)"

Robbie Boy

Wow look, he’s not total shit like some like to claim. When this cretin feck of a manger does one, he’ll no doubt move up another level.

He did well to create the two goals but i don't think he was exactly fantastic and worthy of outpourings of praise. None of our players were.

NinjaFletch

He did well to create the two goals but i don't think he was exactly fantastic and worthy of outpourings of praise. None of our players were.
Perhaps not, but he wasn't deserving of the criticism he got after Young Boys either and that didn't stop anyone.

At the end of the day, he was the only bright attacking spark in an otherwise abysmal performance from those around him and almost singlehandedly created the two chances which got us anything out of the game. People falling over themselves to explain that away, or bizarrely renewing their attacks on him as a result, just come across as having an agenda.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
The bit of the game that I would like to see again is the bit when Lukaku passes the ball to the left channel where Rashford picks it up runs a bit, sees no options in the middle and has to pass it back to Lukaku on the right channel (long chipped pass) and then Lukaku crosses the ball back to Rashford in the box.

That moment in the game was like Jose football in a nut shell. Our two strikers so badly out of service have to pass to each other on the wings and then cross back to the other in the vein hope of some actual service. I laughed like a maniac for a minute after that phase of play.

Last edited:

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
He played really well yesterday even beyond the two assists.
Always fighting, always running, and with the skill to back it up.
He gets slated far too often in here, he has his fair share of bad games but which 21 year old doesn't?

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
That was his best performance this season, did really well to create both goals. He looked good in a 2 striker system, shame he was starved of service most of the night. Sheer determination got those goals yesterday. He's had a few decent performances in the last couple of games, hope he can keep it up through December.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
His general play isn't good but he did well against a terrible Southampton defence yesterday on those occasions. Doesn't really prove anything tho, he needs to do a lot more than a one off match where you could see some luck was involved in both goals.

Himannv

I think there's no doubting what he does bring to a side; pace, passion, the occasional touch of quality. I think there are certainly more things he needs to work on in terms of decision making and consistency, and I think you'll see the best of him in a few years if he gets games in the right sort of system.

Backrow Singer

Wow look, he’s not total shit like some like to claim. When this cretin feck of a manger does one, he’ll no doubt move up another level.
Don’t like these comments if I’m honest.

He played well in patches yesterday, did some very good things and some poor things. He got us back into the game, some brilliant stuff within that, good to see. He tried hard, he showed some fight, he stuck at it which is great. Well played.

The other night he missed four or five clear chances. Don’t care who the manager is, that’s on the player. He misses so many 1 v 1 chances and it costs you points, it’s cost us points. That’s on him, his finishing is solely on him. Not passing to a player in a better position than him is on him.

Mourinho is getting plenty of things wrong, it’s an absolute mess but particularly with Rashford, the blame can’t all be put on Mourinho’s door. Rashford has to take some of that, plenty of that even.

I’ve said it before: when he’s consistant with his finishing, when he starts nailing these chances on a consistent basis, people will be more optimistic. But it’s not right to just lay a players performance on a manager. I’ve played rugby for however many years and I have never looked at a manager if my passing is off, my goal kicking is off, my 1 v 1 tackling is off. Those are my responsibilities and it’s up to me to make sure I’m strong in those areas. It’s the same with Rashford and parts of his game; it’s his job to be better in some of those areas, nothing to do with the system or anything like that.

Robbie Boy

Don’t like these comments if I’m honest.

He played well in patches yesterday, did some very good things and some poor things. He got us back into the game, some brilliant stuff within that, good to see. He tried hard, he showed some fight, he stuck at it which is great. Well played.

The other night he missed four or five clear chances. Don’t care who the manager is, that’s on the player. He misses so many 1 v 1 chances and it costs you points, it’s cost us points. That’s on him, his finishing is solely on him. Not passing to a player in a better position than him is on him.

Mourinho is getting plenty of things wrong, it’s an absolute mess but particularly with Rashford, the blame can’t all be put on Mourinho’s door. Rashford has to take some of that, plenty of that even.

I’ve said it before: when he’s consistant with his finishing, when he starts nailing these chances on a consistent basis, people will be more optimistic. But it’s not right to just lay a players performance on a manager. I’ve played rugby for however many years and I have never looked at a manager if my passing is off, my goal kicking is off, my 1 v 1 tackling is off. Those are my responsibilities and it’s up to me to make sure I’m strong in those areas. It’s the same with Rashford and parts of his game; it’s his job to be better in some of those areas, nothing to do with the system or anything like that.
Anddd breathe. I’m talking about our shit restrictive football that we play. No breathe again, you need it after that pointless rant.

Status
Not open for further replies.