g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });
Marcus Rashford image 10

Marcus Rashford England flag

2018-19 Performances

View full 2018-19 profile

5.4 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Rashord has been playing so well lately. Very pleased to see him score today. He's deserved it for how big a part he's played in driving us forward lately.

Ashley R1+O

He's bubbling along nicely and a big shot of confidence in the last two games. The goal was an absolute wanger and the keeper barely had a clue about that FK saved it with pure arse.

His pressing and never ending desire to run and contribute is what we need, chuffed for him. Lets see it continue, he's some talent.

Reddy Rederson

It's a joke regarding Sterling discussion. I wasn't being serious :lol:

I find it laughable that Sterling fans simply can't accept that some still don't find him that good and call everyone who don't like his football racist.
There’s a kid running around in the forums over the past couple days calling people racist for not liking pogba or criticising pogba. It’s laughable, but he’s so serious about it it’s worrying. Imagine being called racist because you don’t like a players work rate?

Vanya

His willingness to work hard is so refreshing to see. Deserves all the rest he can get.

van Nistelrooy

Disgusting dive by Rashford to get the Fulham player sent off.

Should be ashamed of his behaviour.

Sylar

I constantly read about how he was destroyed by Jose shaking his head when he missed a simple one on one chance vs Young Boys... hmm.

El Jefe

I might be on my own here, but I didn't think he was as good as people make it out...I thought he did brilliantly for Mata's goal, but after that I thought it was more or less the same performances we usually see, too often he ran into a dead end and lost the ball. His energy levels are very impressive, but at times he's sprinting at full pace without there being much point to it, needs to be channeled correctly. Never understood why Tevez was loved for constantly sprinting after the ball, unless the team as a collective is putting pressure then running on your own is usually pointless. Great to see him get a goal, goalkeeper mistake doesn't make much of a difference, hopefully it boosts his confidence and he relaxes a bit, needs to trust himself a bit more and calm down, not constantly try to force things.
You're not alone at all in the Rashford part. I found myself being more frustrated than excited by his performance.

All in all it was a good game from him but it'll take far more than performances against Southampton and Fulham for me to change my opinion of him.

He's a very clean striker of the ball which is why I've always felt his tendency to miss one-on-ones is purely mental. After these last 3 games I think he's ready to be consistent forward for us and in a functioning attacking team I'm confidence he can score 20+ a season. If he puts all the pieces together (pace, long-range shooting, free-kicks and finishing), he'll be absolutely devastating.
Yup. Has the talent to be sensational. One of my favourite Utd players atm.

Mr PG

In terms of physics tall lanky players don’t make great strikers due to lack of natural balance. This explains his poor natural finishing ability at the end of moves.

The initial move takes athleticism and brains which he has in abundance but the actual finishes require combination of body manipulation, strength and finesse which requires natural balance.

Martial on the other hand is quite perfectly balanced and very difficult to knock off the ball when he’s running with it. Marcus sometimes even loses the ball bu himself when in full flight.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
In terms of physics tall lanky players don’t make great strikers due to lack of natural balance. This explains his poor natural finishing ability at the end of moves.

The initial move takes athleticism and brains which he has in abundance but the actual finishes require combination of body manipulation, strength and finesse which requires natural balance.

Martial on the other hand is quite perfectly balanced and very difficult to knock off the ball when he’s running with it. Marcus sometimes even loses the ball bu himself when in full flight.
Martial is taller than Rashford...as was Zlatan, Van Persie, Ruud, Berbatov...

TwoSheds

To be fair the guy used the word ‘lanky’ which suggest a certain build
Yeah, I don't see how lanky is a word that applies to a guy who's 5ft11 unless you're some sort of Napoleonic midget but maybe that's just me.

Strachans Cigar

Would be amazed to see him start vs Valencia and also amazed if he doesn’t start at Anfield next week.

Fully expect a backs to the wall job there and Lingard & Rashford running their bollocks off all afternoon with minimal support from midfield.

Fortunately, for all the criticism Rashford gets in terms of his finishing, He is a worker not a shirker so still brings benefits to the team other than goals.

Though more goals would be nice. I think it’s a simple case of developing composure in front of goal. The ability is clearly there.

SATA

I'm always thankful to van Gaal for discovering and promoting Rashford to the first team at the tender age of 18 when plenty of managers wouldn't do so in spite of injuries

ZupZup

Yeah, I don't see how lanky is a word that applies to a guy who's 5ft11 unless you're some sort of Napoleonic midget but maybe that's just me.
Ignore Wikipedia. Rashford is definitely about 6’1” or 6’2” nowadays.... he’s taller than Martial too which you can tell from any recent pictures of them together or just seeing them stood next to each other during matches.

Aloysius's Back 3

Rashford broke through as a poacher who finishes moves off with one touch of the ball normally finding himself in the right position

Whilst I'm okay with him working on his general play like his passing, dribbling & shooting from distance - in my opinion he spends too much time on the ball in comparison to his actual ability on the ball. He isn't hazard, he isn't Robben, neither is he martial & that's okay - he is only made to play like this because to Jose- he isn't a target man.

I just can't wait to see the lad be a striker for us again under a manager who builds a team that allows him to get chances - not have to dribble yourself for half the game to make the chances happen yourself.

He was great under LVG because we played at a team oriented line up with Rashford at the top of it to finish things off.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Ignore Wikipedia. Rashford is definitely about 6’1” or 6’2” nowadays.... he’s taller than Martial too which you can tell from any recent pictures of them together or just seeing them stood next to each other during matches.
That sounds like some kind of voodoo magic to me.

Posh Red

Firstly I'm pretty sure he is taller than that. Also, the definition of lanky is to be 'ungraceful, thin and tall'. Hardly outrageous to apply the adjective to Rashford.

ash_86

His main flaw was the decision making and i'm seeing some positive change in that quality past two games. The way he picked out Mata was wonderful. His shooting technique is outstanding as always. His fluffled shot infront of goal after dummy was brilliant to watch. He's defiantly learning more this season and has the managers backing. Nothing more he could ask.

haram

His decision making should improve with age and experience. Could be a devastating player on the counter.

TwoSheds

Firstly I'm pretty sure he is taller than that. Also, the definition of lanky is to be 'ungraceful, thin and tall'. Hardly outrageous to apply the adjective to Rashford.
Ungraceful, bloody hell.

Code:
https://fat.gfycat.com/PerkyAssuredColt.mp4

Canagel

Rashford broke through as a poacher who finishes moves off with one touch of the ball normally finding himself in the right position

Whilst I'm okay with him working on his general play like his passing, dribbling & shooting from distance - in my opinion he spends too much time on the ball in comparison to his actual ability on the ball. He isn't hazard, he isn't Robben, neither is he martial & that's okay - he is only made to play like this because to Jose- he isn't a target man.

I just can't wait to see the lad be a striker for us again under a manager who builds a team that allows him to get chances - not have to dribble yourself for half the game to make the chances happen yourself.

He was great under LVG because we played at a team oriented line up with Rashford at the top of it to finish things off.
the west Ham goal at upton park came to mind immediately . Martial and Rashford the two signing lights of the LVG era . Play on the shoulder of the last defender 1 vs 1, not overplaying at all like he seemed to turn into another CR7 these last two years playing out of position . At least he can shoot like CR7 now which bodes well for the future I guess

Aloysius's Back 3

the west Ham goal at upton park came to mind immediately . Martial and Rashford the two signing lights of the LVG era . Play on the shoulder of the last defender 1 vs 1, not overplaying at all like he seemed to turn into another CR7 these last two years playing out of position . At least he can shoot like CR7 now which bodes well for the future I guess
Exactly the way I see it. Rashford has arguably improved in certain areas but drifted away from his roots of being the player that we saw under LVG.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www....shford-reminds-me-of-patrick-kluivert-an/amp/

In this - LVG says that Rashford reminded him of young Patrick Kluivert when he broke through.

And I have to agree with it - I'd rather have seen Rashford turn in to Kluivert than Cristiano Ronaldo. It's not like he failed at being a striker either - he was simply not a striker for Jose's target man eyes & made him shift his game towards being an inside forward soon as he came & insisted on Ibrahimpvic instead of martial & Rashford.

Since we are talking about Kluivert & also looking at how Lukaku has attempted to bulk up - I think Rashford could really benefit with Lukaku's muscle - get him playing like a sturdy bulky striker who can barge defenders to get to the right place at the right time if need be. Actually attempt to slow him down a little in a good way.

First comes first though - a manager who wants to use forwards like him upfront.

el3mel

Resuming his great form recently. Great goal, improved us when he came. His confidence is sky rocket now. Should keep playing and starting.

Stadjer

Our only player who actually has some kind of form and causes danger. Got a card for a hard tackle but he atleast seems to care about winning a game

He plays on the weekend by virtue of being the only one of our forwards who actually makes any runs. Just needs to keep up the effort levels and maybe he'll start scoring consistently.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Our best player in last 4 or 5 games by a mile. Some will say after one poor performance that they don't understand what people see in him and that he is playing just because he is our own.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Well done again, been huge these last few games. The manager has to drop Lukaku at the weekend. Martial and Rashford have to start every game really, they're the only ones who know where the back of the net is. This must be the first time they've both been in good form simultaneously since the break through season. Rashford's performances have been really mature, taken games to the opposition and been constantly driving forwards.

Status
Not open for further replies.