g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });
Marcus Rashford image 10

Marcus Rashford England flag

2018-19 Performances

View full 2018-19 profile

5.4 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
I've criticised his heading a lot last year, but he has improved a lot in that regard. In his first two years he didn't even compete for headers, it looked like he had some hidden problem either injruy to his head or something, but this season he is even winning aerial duels around the halfway line, and he is dangerous in the opposition box too. I like his attitude, and it's obvious that he is training a lot.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Even going into this season, pretty much the only things I cared about were the development of Rashford, Martial and keeping De Gea at the club. Really could not give a feck about too many other things this season, so I'm happy that both Rashford and Martial are having good season for the most part! Took Mourinho a while to realize that he needs to play them consistently of course, though who knows how long it'll last.

RMD83

He’s in good form again recently. Great to see and one of the few positives this season.

Red-17

I've criticised his heading a lot last year, but he has improved a lot in that regard. In his first two years he didn't even compete for headers, it looked like he had some hidden problem either injruy to his head or something, but this season he is even winning aerial duels around the halfway line, and he is dangerous in the opposition box too. I like his attitude, and it's obvious that he is training a lot.
Agreed. His lack of even a willingness to challenge for headers has always bothered me, but I've also noticed him being willing to at least get physical and challenge for them recently which is ten times more helpful even if he doesn't win a single one of them.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Our best player in last 4 or 5 games by a mile. Some will say after one poor performance that they don't understand what people see in him and that he is playing just because he is our own.
Well, to be fair to them, he hasn't been on this kind of run of form since his debut for the team. He's making himself an indisputable starter probably for the first time in his career.

With that said, it's exciting to see him going on a solid run of form and scoring goals. If he can get his finishing down, then all those runs he makes are going to turn into goals where he could legitimately become a 20+ goal/season type of player. It's also a bonus that he puts even more pressure on Lukaku to get his business in order.

jem

He should be our starting striker every match now. I can see no reason why Lukaku should start ahead of him.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Didn't see the match, but good to see positive comments about him. Been in very good form for the last four matches, looks a very different player now that he's got his confidence back.

Ashley R1+O

He's the real deal, one of the first names on the team sheet in any position he wants at the moment. He's really stepped it up and taken up the reins in Martial's absence. Chuffed for him, the heartbeat of the team at the moment.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
He should play every game, even better if He starts as striker. Rashford and Martial both should start every game, one as LW and other as Striker. None of this alternate game starts for each one of them. They are in very good form and also Rashford offers so much more than Lukaku as striker.

Sylar

Hes better up top putting on the press and allowed to make runs behind defences than when hes pretty much restricted to one trick on the left wing. Not a surprise.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
He should play every game, even better if He starts as striker. Rashford and Martial both should start every game, one as LW and other as Striker. None of this alternate game starts for each one of them. They are in very good form and also Rashford offers so much more than Lukaku as striker.
Rashford cant play as the lone striker, weve seen that time and time again. I love Rashford but he has to play alongside someone else. Has to be him and Martial together, as that is best for both. Putting one central and one on the wing never works out because neither are suited to the role as a lone striker or an isolated winger.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
He and Martial is our future. Build the team around them.

That goal was a thing of beauty. Bullet header - reminded me CR7 goal against Roma.

laughtersassassin

Not his biggest fan this past year and a half as I felt he became quite selfish which isn't the best thing when you are not performing. However, these past few games he has been fantastic.

Should start up top over Lukaku for the rest of the season probably. Or at least until Lukaku doesn't look like bamby out there.

Rushford's finishing may be poor but his willingness to make runs and general mobility offer the team so much more than Lukaku.

It may be a cliche but Lukaku up front is like playing with 10 men.

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
As long as he stays confident he actually looks like a premier league player.

deafepl

Rashford cant play as the lone striker, weve seen that time and time again. I love Rashford but he has to play alongside someone else. Has to be him and Martial together, as that is best for both. Putting one central and one on the wing never works out because neither are suited to the role as a lone striker or an isolated winger.

Or interchange striker and left, I think they can share position.

ash_86

He's becoming very very useful player for us. Recent games he's shown so much maturity, workrate and intelligence. Everything is falling into the place for him.

Aloysius's Back 3

He's becoming very very useful player for us. Recent games he's shown so much maturity, workrate and intelligence. Everything is falling into the place for him.
Absolutely no difference in his game play.

The only difference is that he has had more games to play his best role and his form has grown.

Rashford was good enough to be our striker even before Zlatan came - if we had planned to spread the goalscoring across the team rather than just one player.

ash_86

Absolutely no difference in his game play.

The only difference is that he has had more games to play his best role and his form has grown.

Rashford was good enough to be our striker even before Zlatan came - if we had planned to spread the goalscoring across the team rather than just one player.
There is difference. His decision making looks much better. He's keeping his head up before picking up a pass. Last season how many times Rashford had 2-3 players ahead of him and would keep making bad decisions over and over again instead of keeping his head up and making a simple pass.

Stadjer

Hopefully he can continue his good form today since we are going to need it. He is the only player who could be capable of winning the game for us today i think.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Pretty much the only player who didn't look like losing the ball every time he got it. Decent game, did nothing of note, but miles ahead of our others attacking options alongside Martial. It's a travesty that Lukaku is getting better threatment than him and Martial.

marktan

I've been very harsh on him this season as his decision making and dribbling can be very erratic at times, but he's 21 and does have raw skill, and I think will only improve. Compared to someone like Lingard he at least has potential.

Bwuk

Fed up seeing him playing out wide to accommodate Lukaku.

Sylar

Should be played up top with Martial. Would rather see him lead the press than seeing Lukaku with his jog effort attempt.

Status
Not open for further replies.