g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });
Marcus Rashford image 10

Marcus Rashford England flag

2018-19 Performances

View full 2018-19 profile

5.4 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Devil may care

Another good performance, wish he'd buried that one Lindelof set up, really want to see him get into regular scoring form.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
What a performance. THAT was Rashford at the same level when he broke through in 15/16. World class potential.
Nah this is a different Rashford, he’s worked so hard on aspects of his game. His movement, link up play and shooting technique has improved so much. Looks a different player compared to the quick kid that would knock the ball off the pitch by overrunning it but score goals.

Foxbatt

I still think he needs to pass a bit more to a team mate in a better position. I cannot see Lukaku being so mobile either. It is a big problem for Ole. Surely he cannot drop Rashford for Lukaku now after this game? He was very good and went after the defenders too.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
Not quite sure what his best position for us is but as long as he’s on the pitch and we’re playing fluid football then we can count on him being a threat.

Many times early in the season he looked visibly frustrated at the lack of forward passes. Hopefully we continue to play like today.

Bwuk

I still think he needs to pass a bit more to a team mate in a better position. I cannot see Lukaku being so mobile either. It is a big problem for Ole. Surely he cannot drop Rashford for Lukaku now after this game? He was very good and went after the defenders too.
Think a lot of Rashford issues have been he tries too hard from a lack of confidence, as he’s worried he’ll get dropped. If he was undisputed first choice, he’d make the easier pass at times and wouldn’t rush things.

Young player learning, but he needs to have the faith shown in him to take it to next level.

haram

I do think he is developing and making more use of how he is physically growing. His shooting technique is something you can see he has developed as well. He is still so young, the way he explodes off the mark is so dangerous.

The way he approaches the game is similar to the way Richarlison and Mbappe do.

Fracture90

Great yesterday, he's got the tools and talent to be amongst the best strikers in the coming years.

Freak

Born a freak always a freak.
His movement off the ball, technique and work rate is immense. He just needs to improve his finishing (i.e taking more of his chances) and it'll be difficult for any of our other centre forward options (Lukaku, Sanchez) to displace him.

Drainy

Just going to get better and better.

His movement, hold up play, passing, pressing and team play have really taken a step up. Just needs to click with shot selection and composure to be a star striker.

Dante

Average bang
5 goals and 5 assists in 1322 PL/CL minutes.

In other words, a goal contribution every 132 minutes. He's been our most productive player this season. On the verge becoming one of the best around.

Bobski

We need to concentrate less on the goalscoring aspect of a strikers game and more on their overall impact and contribution to how the team plays. A multi faceted, flexible and hard working striker with good chemistry and understanding with his teammates does more for me than a one dimensional finisher.

To be fair to Rom, if there are going to be less long balls that could help him as well.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
He did score one goal and had one shot that was a very good save by the keeper, so it's not like he's missed some chances yesterday. He is far from a goal drought at the moment, and he is constantly getting himself in good positions, even if he doesn't become great finisher, I think he can still become 25ish goal per season forward in total(around 15 goals in the league hopefully) at worst.

Eddy_JukeZ

He has impressed me a lot lately.

Even prior to the Cardiff game, I think he stepped up a level.

Hopefully he continues this fine progression.

Gasolin

If Rashford gets the confidence back, he can be great for the score sheet. But he works with confidence.

hungrywing

Think a lot of Rashford issues have been he tries too hard from a lack of confidence, as he’s worried he’ll get dropped. If he was undisputed first choice, he’d make the easier pass at times and wouldn’t rush things.

Young player learning, but he needs to have the faith shown in him to take it to next level.
I agree.

You don't have a breakout period like the one he did without being good enough to be trusted full time to see just how much you can improve the mental side of your game and grow into the role.

I'd love to know if he's beating himself up about not thinking to square the ball back to Lindelof. Not that it was the 'right' thing to do. But what that would say about his mentality.

Sparky Rhiwabon

Out of interest, how “talked up” was Rashford on here, in the Youth and Reserves forum, etc? Given that he is the main one who’s made the step up in recent years.

Nah this is a different Rashford, he’s worked so hard on aspects of his game. His movement, link up play and shooting technique has improved so much. Looks a different player compared to the quick kid that would knock the ball off the pitch by overrunning it but score goals.
Rashford never did that in 15/16. That started to happen in 16/17 when Jose shunted him back out to the wing. In 15/16 he was our most composed player.

Drainy

Out of interest, how “talked up” was Rashford on here, in the Youth and Reserves forum, etc? Given that he is the main one who’s made the step up in recent years.
Prior to U18s he was really highly rated and much hyped, as he was shouted out by Ravel Morrison's agent as being the most technically gifted player in the academy and he was recognised at youth international level. However, he had a slow start to his u18s career (he was really tiny, playing up front and kept losing patience and dropping too deep to make an impact) so fan enthusiasm waned, but then he shot up in size and came into his own as a striker and has kept going from there, so the fan hype shot up very shortly before he made his debut for the first team.

Sparky Rhiwabon

Prior to U18s he was really highly rated and much hyped, as he was shouted out by Ravel Morrison's agent as being the most technically gifted player in the academy and he was recognised at youth international level. However, he had a slow start to his u18s career (he was really tiny, playing up front and kept losing patience and dropping too deep to make an impact) so fan enthusiasm waned, but then he shot up in size and came into his own as a striker and has kept going from there, so the fan hype shot up very shortly before he made his debut for the first team.
Interesting, thanks

KennyBurner

His workrate is what really stands out about him. Players with high workrates are usually easy to love. jesse lingard is another example here. Still he possesses good physical attributes and a very deadly shot. Very young player and will only get better over time.

From a tactical standpoint rashford might actually be better for United than lukaku. Why? because of his hold up play. In general I don't think Rashford has the best hold up play for a number 9 but his first touch is decent unlike that of lukaku. What we need is a forward who we can trust to always SECURE the ball and bring others into play. Due to how we played against cardiff having a forward like lukaku who loses the ball more than he keeps it will prove very costly against better teams in transition. My first choice will always be sanchez because I really want to believe there is still a worldclass player there but I'm happy with rashford leading the line also (due to his physique and speed).

Its also very special to know we have an academy player leading the line. That in itself is enough to invest in him for the future.

Man Utd 3:1 Huddersfield

marktan

Have to say he's much more impressive as a striker for me than out wide. His movement is really good up front and holds it up well, whereas out wide he has to try beat players one on one and I've never felt it was really his forte. He just looks so much more natural up top.

Red-17

Thought he had another really solid performance. Finally starting to look comfortable using his body to shield the ball and he's also challenging for the ball in the air much more. His runs in behind were threatening all game, and he easily could have had a goal and an assist on a different day. Really starting to mature as a player, and I hope Ole keeps him in the number 9 role and makes Lukaku earn it back from him.

Dante

Average bang
Only missing a goal.

Other than that, one of the most complete centre forward performances you'll see.

el3mel

Has been in cracking form for over a month now. He's securing the striker position for himself.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
His 2 games with Ole that he played as a lone striker is about a million times better than any game he's played as a striker for Mourinho, and that's firmly down to the way he's asked to play the role. Looked dangerous throughout, and also spent a lot of time playing on the shoulder of the defenders and made runs all game long. Probably deserved a goal today but a very good game regardless. Hope he doesn't tire himself out with how hard he works off the ball, we need him

Habs

Looks a man possessed recently, had a poor start to the season but has seriously upped his game this past month

Art

Art the artist
He was fecking relentless today. Marcus Tony and Paul everytime theyre fit tyvm :drool:

The United

What I like about him in this game was that he kept on running and pressing even at 90 mins.

A proper United graduated striker.

ash_86

Very good game from him. His all round game has improved immensely. With his work rate combined, he'd be our top player for ages to come.

bondsname

Becoming one of my favorite players. I noticed this game that his balance and strength has improved drastically, shielding the ball and successfully controlling it against big, jocky Huddersfield players. It was quite unexpected and very impressive. He knows what he needs to improve on and you can see the results.

It's not Rashford's natural talent that is going to make him a world class player, it's his attitude, motivation and passion. He can become quite the player for us one day if he keeps it up.

Stadjer

He has a lot of quality but i wish he looked for a pass a bit more often. I know that he is currently in good form but some of the shots he takes are just a waste and will only result in a goal if a goalkeeper makes a mistake. Like the goal he scored against Fulham, (i think it was that game) it was a nice goal but the keeper should have saved it.

I do hope he is just greedy and doesnt want to pass instead of not passing because he just doesnt see it. He is still young and has the time so he could improve this part of his game. It would make him a better player imo BUT being selfish and wanting to score isnt a terrible quality for a striker anyway.

It is a bit of a personal preference though since some people prefer a striker who shoots when he is able to (like Rashford does) and will take the wasted opportunities because some shots will result in goals.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Playing very well at the moment. Would love Alexis to come in and lead that forward line.

Status
Not open for further replies.