Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
He has a lot of quality but i wish he looked for a pass a bit more often. I know that he is currently in good form but some of the shots he takes are just a waste and will only result in a goal if a goalkeeper makes a mistake. Like the goal he scored against Fulham, (i think it was that game) it was a nice goal but the keeper should have saved it.

I do hope he is just greedy and doesnt want to pass instead of not passing because he just doesnt see it. He is still young and has the time so he could improve this part of his game. It would make him a better player imo BUT being selfish and wanting to score isnt a terrible quality for a striker anyway.

It is a bit of a personal preference though since some people prefer a striker who shoots when he is able to (like Rashford does) and will take the wasted opportunities because some shots will result in goals.
He took two or three shots towards the end of the first half which I thought were fair enough. He wasn't in a great position to score, but nobody else was really in any better so I was ok with him taking the shot.

The freekick early in the second half was very selfish though. Perfect position to whip in a good ball to our attackers and he went for a shot that was very unlikely to trouble the keeper.

TypeR

He was going nowhere under Mourinho.
That's pretty much how Mou likes his CFs :lol:

Pretty good all-round game from Rashford today, bar a goal. His movement, touch, and hold up was top-notch and as complete as you'll see for a CF of his age. Morata what?

RedDevil5

LW - Martial
ST - Rashford
RW - Alexis/Lingard/Mata
CAM - Mata or Alexis

This is what I would like to see in the future. Rashford looks very nice under Ole so far. Hopefully he can keep up the great form. Lukaku should have to fight back for his spot.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
If only Dalot had finished his chance :drool:

criticalanalysis

Thought he done really but was let down by Lingard and Mata, who were mostly annonymous and didn't affect the game enough to support him.

El Jefe

Playing very well at the moment. Would love Alexis to come in and lead that forward line.
Same here. Rashford gives so much up front but he's often lacking in composure and decision making at the final moment. Sanchez will give slightly less work rate with the additional quality we sometimes miss in the final third.

Happy with Rashford though.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Martials been my favourite United player since he joined by a distance but Rashford is really starting to compete for that the way he's progressed and how he looks on the pitch. Knowing we have both of them and hopefully have them both long term is great. Just hope they can keep progressing because they have what it takes to really be United greats if they stay here long term.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
Very complete performance from him actually. Really put it together this game.

Dolf

The power in his shots keeps surprising me. I wouldn't want to take one in my face, i'd probably be lethal.

RedCurry

He needs to stop trying to meg defenders. Seems like he tries that a few times every game and never pulls it off.

snk123

Very impressed with his hold up play. I thought he wasn't capable of that (Lukaku isn't). Really growing as a player like everyone else since the departure of the sad one.

Aloysius's Back 3

Was it? :D

Still a very low probability move. There’s always more space besides than between the legs...
Rashford needs to be placed better - whilst people questions his clinical ability; this is more due to him being all over the pitch & taking shots from all angles & distances. He ends up landing the ball at his feet & he ends up missing the chance but that's again because of his positioning.

I agree with you that he tries too hard on the ball - but that's not his fault - I saw him at LW, St, SS & RW today & to get past these situations he will have to use some skill & may need to shoot from distance as he tends to do.

However - the way to get the best use of him is to set him up in a position that allows him to do the same thigg over & over again.

There was a shot that Rashford took from the RF/RW position today which zipped across goal - he needs to be doing this from the LF role so he can become accurate.

Placing him as a LF - gives him the ability to play in between the CB & the RB - allowing him to make the run that either takes over the RB or the CB - but always allows Rashford to shoot with his right foot at an angle.

Whilst I'm not comparing him to Ronaldo - Ronaldo did exactly the same thing - play out on the left - albeit as a winger as he was more skilled; but he would always end up on an angle to take that same shot we saw every single match. Likewise he could enter the box for a header or for more the clinical goals.

Get Rashford to play as a LF to use his right foot & a partner who plays as a LF (hint Greenwood/Lukaku) to use their left foot - this will open up a hell of a lot of space for someone like martial down the middle playing in a more deeper role.

Fracture90

There was a quote from Ole on reddit in which he said he'll work with Rashford in order to improve his finishing.

crossy1686

career ending
I doubt anyone saw Solskjaer's interview with Norwegian TV.

Giggs was with him after the game for the interview and he asked him: "What can you do with Rashford, to improve him?"

Solskjaer: "What we can do with him is use him more, because I don't think the team is used to his runs. If you just watch him, the amount of runs and the good runs he makes in second half when we're 2-0 up and 3-0 up and he makes runs in behind which...look for him earlier, because that's his strength with his pace. And I'll work on his finishing, just settle down a little bit. He's got a great strike from outside the box and inside the box we'll just keep on working on being cool and calm and pass it past the keeper."

Source is here, but you'll need a VPN: https://www.tv2.no/sport/10306144/

Fracture90

Giggs was with him after the game for the interview and he asked him: "What can you do with Rashford, to improve him?"

Solskjaer: "What we can do with him is use him more, because I don't think the team is used to his runs. If you just watch him, the amount of runs and the good runs he makes in second half when we're 2-0 up and 3-0 up and he makes runs in behind which...look for him earlier, because that's his strength with his pace. And I'll work on his finishing, just settle down a little bit. He's got a great strike from outside the box and inside the box we'll just keep on working on being cool and calm and pass it past the keeper."

Yeah I've seen it on reddit, hence why I made that comment about him working out with Rashford on his finishing.

There was a quote from Ole on reddit in which he said he'll work with Rashford in order to improve his finishing.
He'll finally get some good coaching after 2.5 years! He'll be like a new signing by the time Ole is finished with him :D

Craig Ward

I think all our players have benefited from the change of manager, but the shift to positive expressive football has already worked wonders on Rashford.

He's potentially world class, bags of ability.

His overall play was good, and the chance for Dalot he created was top drawer.

If he is to play as our out and out striker he needs to perhaps stay in the box a little more and not drift so wide.

Our most impressive player in the last 2 games for me

Fracture90

He'll finally get some good coaching after 2.5 years! He'll be like a new signing by the time Ole is finished with him :D
Yeah turns out players can improve some aspects of their game if they have a coach that can help guide them. Go figure…:wenger:

It's a shame both him and Martial have spent last 2.5 years mostly stagnating...:(

Sorry! Didn't see your comment above, scanned for a quote instead.
No worries, great things you posted that because I still can't figure out how to post them pesky tweets.:nervous:

yfoFC

Seems a nailed on starter under ole doesn't he...

And with martial a universally acclaimed starter then that means we just have one space up for grabs in the front three, my money is on Sanchez taking it... sorry big rom, be a "man" and get used to the bench

Yeah turns out players can improve some aspects of their game if they have a coach that can help guide them. Go figure…:wenger:

It's a shame both him and Martial have spent last 2.5 years mostly stagnating...:(
I know shocking isn't it? I said he just needs some good coaching as you can see the potential is there. Certain posters just dismissed it.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples

That's an absolutely incredible response. Just perfect.

KennyBurner

Martials been my favourite United player since he joined by a distance but Rashford is really starting to compete for that the way he's progressed and how he looks on the pitch. Knowing we have both of them and hopefully have them both long term is great. Just hope they can keep progressing because they have what it takes to really be United greats if they stay here long term.
Same here man martial has and is my favorite player since he joined but rashford is also slowly getting there. His workrate and determination is what we hope for from all players. He is constantly on the move and always an option when we go forward. If he can improve his decision making we might actually have a top striker for years to come.

Mr Smith

I'm I the only one who thinks Rashford, given his best attributes are pace, work rate, good delivery and a box of tricks, might actually be better as a winger than a striker? Not pushing the agenda, just genuinely curious as to whether anyone agrees.

Ibi Dreams

I'm I the only one who thinks Rashford, given his best attributes are pace, work rate, good delivery and a box of tricks, might actually be better as a winger than a striker? Not pushing the agenda, just genuinely curious as to whether anyone agrees.
I don't think his delivery or his tricks are anything special, and Martial is a better choice for that position because he consistently troubles the full back when he runs at him.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
I’d still like to see him on the right.

Jacob

I agree. He's got most attributes to be a good winger. A good whipping cross, pace, workrate, a few tricks here and there.

He doesn't have the flair or vision to be a good finisher like Martial. Mata and Martial, closely followed by Pogba are probably our best finishers at the club.

Fracture90

I know shocking isn't it? I said he just needs some good coaching as you can see the potential is there. Certain posters just dismissed it.
Well their idol believes improvement can only be achieved through mindless spending, so they follow whatever he says.

haram

Rashford's current good form started under Jose. Can people not just accept that young players go in and out of form? The core of his abilities such as his movement and work rate were aways there. The way he is developing his striking ability is great, that doesn't just happen over night, he has been working on it.

He can work on his finishing but he has a wicked shot on him. His shot almost suits coming off the left and whacking it with his right foot.

Canagel

No Rashford is perfect as the striker and should be left to interchange with Sanchez and Martial in a narrow front three. His hold up play has already improved and his composure in front of goal will follow.

Status
Not open for further replies.