Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Handré1990

There was a quote from Ole on reddit in which he said he'll work with Rashford in order to improve his finishing.
He said it in an interview with Norwegian TV. He got the question from Giggs I think, what he could do to develop Rashford as a striker. He mentioned finishing inside the box, and also to have Rashford take more runs in behind. He only mentioned those things after going on and on about all the things Rashford is good at!

Sparky Rhiwabon

I'm I the only one who thinks Rashford, given his best attributes are pace, work rate, good delivery and a box of tricks, might actually be better as a winger than a striker? Not pushing the agenda, just genuinely curious as to whether anyone agrees.
He’s never (rarely) looked that good when he has played on the wing. I think his best position is central although he needs to improve aspects. Maybe OGS can help him do that.

Handré1990

Rashford's current good form started under Jose. Can people not just accept that young players go in and out of form? The core of his abilities such as his movement and work rate were aways there. The way he is developing his striking ability is great, that doesn't just happen over night, he has been working on it.

He can work on his finishing but he has a wicked shot on him. His shot almost suits coming off the left and whacking it with his right foot.
Even during his best football under Mou he wasn’t close to being this much involved. We play in a way that sees our attacking player on the ball in attacking positions substantially more often. Surely you can see this? It great for the development of young players, because they get to train different attacking positions again and again, as opposed to twice every game. It’s common sense.

IrishRedDevil

:drool:

Positive comments and comments about actually training a player to improve his weaknesses are like a shot of steroids after the last regime.

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
There was a quote from Ole on reddit in which he said he'll work with Rashford in order to improve his finishing.
Brilliant as finishing, especially when at pace is one of a very few weaknesses in his game.

As I have mentioned before some of the appalling language used against Marcus a few weeks ago was completely out of order.

He is a terrific young talent, easily the best we have produced for many years.
His workrate has been outstanding and I am sure that he will improve further under Ole coaching.
Well done young man.

Escape Goat

Supports
Forest
The majority of talk is about Sanchez returning, how Lukaku will fit in etc.

What I'm most excited about seeing is how Rashford now progresses. Most of his senior career has been spent under someone who doesn't coach forward play. Now, Rashford is going from no proper coaching to being coached by a master of forward play.

It might take until next season, but if there isn't now a big progression in Rashford's play, I'll eat Shaw's beanie hat.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
I don't know how to read all this Ole's words. He said that he wants width and wants from wingers to beat his player. Maybe he will use Rash on the right?

SATA

Great to see that actual coaching with the players is being done and in progress. That's the way to do it, not go moaning to the media every now and then about the quality of your players or rumbling the club needs to spend money on new players to improve the squad

joeyclams

Ole's comments to Norwegian TV are spot on. Rashford has to shoot from distance and take players on simply because no one in the team has been able to pick out his runs in behind. Whether that was coaching from Jose or just a lack of finding him, Rashford suffered from it. He makes so many good runs diagonally that don't get rewarded. If Ole can figure out how to get the team to find Rashford in behind more, I think everyone will see how good a striker he is. That's not to say he can't improve on his finishing or his composure because he does.

For me, Martial is a LW and Rashford is a CF, at least in this team. When Ole sorts out the RW position, probably with Alexis, then Utd will start scoring the goals they should have been scoring all along.

Reactions: KM

OldTrevil

His confidence seems to be on the up and I feel he's very close to a scoring run and with it better composure. Our long term attack will be in great shape if a proper on-pitch understanding is developed between him, Martial and Pogba. One or two from Alexis, Lingard, Lukaku and perhaps a new addition can make up the complementary pieces depending on formation.

ChaddyP

Hope once and for all posters will stop calling him Championship level FFS. Really stepping up a level this season. Proud of him

Really enjoyed watching him develop over the past few weeks.
He sets the tempo for us uptop with his constant off the ball movement and closing down.Expect to see more of that today.

JezChan

Love seeing him buzz with pace and precision - he definitely has the right stuff between the shoulders to continue his improvement under the right manager/conditions. Here's to hoping that he can not just step up technically, but begin to relish and thrive on chances to lead our attack from a mental perspective.

ForestRGoinUp

Brilliant as finishing, especially when at pace is one of a very few weaknesses in his game.

As I have mentioned before some of the appalling language used against Marcus a few weeks ago was completely out of order.

He is a terrific young talent, easily the best we have produced for many years.
His workrate has been outstanding and I am sure that he will improve further under Ole coaching.
Well done young man.
To be fair, that along with pass accuracy and decision making are quite big weaknesses for a forward player.

ManchesterYoda

The most frustrating thing about Rashford and Martial too, is that the best position of both is playing on the left and both are useless on the right.

mu4c_20le

I used to say he's not a winger, he shouldnt play out wide.. but his dribbling has been immense lately. Confidence levels sky high.

el3mel

That first goal was unreal and he deserved his goal which was pure striker instinct.

He's untouchable from the main lineup now. 10/10 today.

NinjaFletch

He's absolute quality and it's downright bizarre some posters have tried to argue otherwise at times on here.

Good to see him putting the effort in again and getting amongst our forward play. Just got to sort out his finishing now.

ChaddyP

I used to say he's not a winger, he shouldnt play out wide.. but his dribbling has been immense lately. Confidence levels sky high.

thats odd because thats where he started off and where alot thought he would have ended up. His skill and 1 v 1 ability was always something to be admired

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Fantastic all around performance from Rashford today. Delighted to see him score cos he really deserved it. His pressing from the front adds so much to our attack.

K2K

"Can Manchester United score? They always score"
The most frustrating thing about Rashford and Martial too, is that the best position of both is playing on the left and both are useless on the right.
Martial's brilliant assist came from the right.

They aren't sticking to omr position anymore. Rashford stays in the middle then moves to the right.. Then to the left. Just lovely to watch.

Bobski

He is a great talent and Mou wasted 2 years of him and Martial when they should have been integral to how his team developed.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Fantastic start to the game, great energy and a very good performance. Would have been a 10/10 to add to Pogba's if he'd put that one on one away. Proper Manchester United player.

marktan

So much better up top for me. His movement is so good and it's really wasted out wide.

Think he should be the striker for the forseable future for us. Has much more to his game than Lukaku does at the moment.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Only not the motm because Pogba was near perfect.
As if people wanted him to go on loan.

waza7111

I heard the commentator say he has a groin injury. That could be a few weeks out.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Superb today! He just adds so much in this set up. Some freedom and plenty of movement around him and he really shines.

The dribble alone to set up the goal was really special.

George Owen

LEAVE THE SFW THREAD ALONE!!1!
What a game! Getting better each time. A lot to improve still obviously, but the change from a "ball retention slow build up football" to a fast direct attacking approach has done wonders for him.

I also love he is not interested in dancing or shits like that. Focused on the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.