g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });
Marcus Rashford image 10

Marcus Rashford England flag

2018-19 Performances

View full 2018-19 profile

5.4 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

ZlatMan

There won't be a better opportunity to cement himself as undisputed no.9 at the club under Ole. With the run of fixtures this festive season, it's now or never.

POF

There won't be a better opportunity to cement himself as undisputed no.9 at the club under Ole. With the run of fixtures this festive season, it's now or never.
He should definitely let Ole know that he wants to play as a number 9 and that he doesn't want to be wasted on the wing. Only rubbish strikers get shunted out wide. That would go down well.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
I think we'll look back at this Christmas period as his turning point. Rashford has everything bah that lethal finish - who better to coach him than OGS. Great match.

Predicting a scoring run for the beak.

dbs235

Need to see his England form for United now. As many have said, the main difference seems to be his confidence in an England shirt, which most likely comes from the manager. Guess we'll see if Mourinho really was holding him back now.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
I think we'll look back at this Christmas period as his turning point. Rashford has everything bah that lethal finish - who better to coach him than OGS. Great match.

Predicting a scoring run for the beak.
Dont think he needs a turning point... he's been good and along with Martial our most dangerous players. Maybe (hopefully) turning point in taking the next step up to being top players and consistent, but hes still young so we'll see... but Ole loves him I'm pretty sure, so hopefully we see him used properly.

1 thing I have to say is that I generally dont think hes suited to playing the lone role up top, and has looked lost when he has. Could be just as a lone striker under Mourinho that it was the case, and that a different style could make him work up there alone, we'll see. Still hoping we play him with Martial in the middle as a front 2 as our future striker partnership.

-Supreme-

Need to see his England form for United now. As many have said, the main difference seems to be his confidence in an England shirt, which most likely comes from the manager. Guess we'll see if Mourinho really was holding him back now.
His form for England has been exaggerated, and let's not forget international football isn't anywhere near as competitive as the PL.

It's about time people would stop making excuses for Rashford

Classical Mechanic

His form for England has been exaggerated, and let's not forget international football isn't anywhere near as competitive as the PL.

It's about time people would stop making excuses for Rashford
The games against Spain were as competitive as any Premier League game.

He also has 2 goals and 4 assists in his last 5 United games with higher workrate than any other player.

Weird time to be having a go at him.

Walters_19_MuFc

Hoping Ole uses him as a left wide forward. If played there consistently, I think he could pick up bags of goals.

Rashford Martial Right Winger

manunited1919

We need more quality up front. I would rather see Sanchez than Rashford or Lukaku at the #9 position.

el3mel

He has been our best player for about a month now. The striker position is his to lose at the moment.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Best performance he's ever had as a lone striker IMO, though also evidence that if you have an attacking system with enough people supporting him then he can be quality as a lone striker as well.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
He's been brilliant this past month or so, really coming into his own and playing with confidence, sky's the limit if he keeps this up.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
So excited about him, we have an ace. Such a shame about that save. And his all around game a striker is getting more impressive from game to game.

Bobski

Last 2 years of his development hindered by the desire to play long to physical targets.

Idxomer

He is going to be coached for 6 months by one of the best finishers the PL have ever had.

I'm hopeful that will transform into the number 9 we lacked these last few years.

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
Hard to see how Lukaku fits in to this style of play. Rashford on the other hand seems tailor-made for it.

Stadjer

Too bad he didnt finish after that fantastic run from Lindelof.. he could have even cut it back to Lindelof but he was always going to take that shot. Loved the moments between him and Martial too.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
There's no way Lukaku gets over him.

3KDré

He was great today. He would be better than Lukaku simply because he seems to do everything at a much quicker pace and has a lot better movement. If we need good hold up play in game, just move Martial up top.

ash_86

I keep his decision making has improved 10x across the pitch. No more running out with the ball or trying to impress someone with skill move. He's just being .... effective. With his shooting technique and better decision making, we've got a absolute monster in our hands.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
There's no way Lukaku gets over him.
I was going to say the same thing. Even without an open play goal, he is far more important for the team, he presses, makes runs, he is fast and his good in combinations. He just needs to improve his 1v1 finishing.

Walters_19_MuFc

His link up play is improving so much. Some of his first time passing, just like Lingards, was brilliant today, and it was all down to the amount of players we had in attacking areas.

Very intelligent free kick, putting in between the space left by Matic. Ronaldo-esque.

meamth

His link up play is improving so much. Some of his first time passing, just like Lingards, was brilliant today, and it was all down to the amount of players we had in attacking areas.

Very intelligent free kick, putting in between the space left by Matic. Ronaldo-esque.
He has been practicing knuckle ball free kicks since last year.

About time it came to fruition.

JoaquinJoaquin

Don't know what's happened over the last month, but he has really upped his game and has become the focal point of our attack. Great to see.

meamth

Don't know what's happened over the last month, but he has really upped his game and has become the focal point of our attack. Great to see.
I think he finally settled in with his fuller muscles and higher physicall abilities. Maybe last year he was getting used to it and messed up with his first touches and everything.

Now I think he got that belief that he can be the main man.

Jed I. Knight

The Mos Eisley Hillbilly
Agreed.

He's off to a good start. Now he just needs to kick on from here! The next couple of weeks could really be the making of him as an undisputed first choice player.

Exciting times!

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Outstanding today. He’s becoming more consistent in terms of performances throughout the entire game.

JoaquinJoaquin

I think he finally settled in with his fuller muscles and higher physicall abilities. Maybe last year he was getting used to it and messed up with his first touches and everything.

Now I think he got that belief that he can be the main man.
Yeah that is a possibility. Hoping he keeps the form going.

Status
Not open for further replies.