Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

el3mel

Another cracking form. His composure in second goal was excellent.

Noticeable also how much his FKs have improved. They all look dangerous now, Zlatan and Ronaldo esque kind of FKs.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
His improvement from a physical point of view is crazy. Hugely improved in the air, can hold off defenders and keeps going, doesn't let his head get down when he gets shrugged off a few times. Guy is going to be world class.

Give him a nicely deserved rest against Reading in the cup so he fecks up Spurs.

Red-17

So many things he does that reminds me of a young Ronaldo for us. His shooting technique and power, the pace, the clever flicks and dribbles, and the overall confidence. Obviously he has miles to go before every being in the same conversation as Cristiano, but he has been absolutely immense for more than a month now.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Another world class freekick, this time starting Newcastle's meltdown.

Hoping people recoginize he's taking a whole lot of responsibilities these days.

Raw

He's brilliant. To think his first team United career started from luck of having too many injuries.

Andersons Dietician

Was impressed with his finish today so often we’ve seen him just blast those at the keeper but he showed a bit of a Martial cold streak there, didn’t rush it and for me that’s been one of his biggest issues. Hopefully he keeps on improving that aspect of his game.

Minimalist

Worked his balls off again.

Nice nasty free-kick to cause the goal and a lovely finish to wrap up the result.

Pace Abuser

That finish was new for him. He's gaining confidence and it's great to see. He's becoming my favourite player.

Walters_19_MuFc

Form of his life so far. As usual, willing running. Got roughed up a bit in the first half, but never stopped trying things and got his just reward.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
5 goals and 5 assists in his last 9 games. Mega.

Sterling Archer

Awesome performance, dealt with the rough and tough well, great finish as well. And my oh my he has learned to hold the ball up quite well

ErranMorad

I'll have to go against the grain here and say that he struggled in the game today, especially in the first half. Rashford needs to improve his game against packed and strong defenses if is to become a top striker. The entire first half I felt that we could have done much better if we had someone like RVP leading this attack.

Robbie Boy

But, but I thought he was shite and it wasn’t just that prick of a manager holding him back.

Robbie Boy

Still seems mad how often I had to defend him on here. Absurd. Thrilled to see him sparking into life again.
I mean, the amount of people that were willing to write him off under Mourinho was insane. These same people claimed that it wasn’t Mourinho holding him back when it was clear as day that it was. He’s a huge talent and still only 21 :drool:

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
His improvement from a physical point of view is crazy. Hugely improved in the air, can hold off defenders and keeps going, doesn't let his head get down when he gets shrugged off a few times. Guy is going to be world class.

Give him a nicely deserved rest against Reading in the cup so he fecks up Spurs.
Yep, what a player we have. Haven't been this excited about academy product in a while :drool:

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
On course for his best goal return yet. So glad he's delivering on the potential he showed pre-Jose.

roonster09

FA Cup Predictions 2023/2024 winner
Scout
Still seems mad how often I had to defend him on here. Absurd. Thrilled to see him sparking into life again.
Not just goals and assists, he is such a joy to watch. Full of tricks and his shooting has improved a lot.

Trizy

I thought he was poor for most the game apart from the goal. But so was Martial and a few others. I don't think our attack clicked at all today but winning 2-0 with that complaint is a great position to be in.

Took his goal well. I think that's the first time I've seen him actually score for a 1v1. May it be a turning point, for our sake.

ArmchairCritic

You got pets me too mines are dead
I thought he was poor for most the game apart from the goal. But so was Martial and a few others. I don't think our attack clicked at all today but winning 2-0 with that complaint is a great position to be in.

Took his goal well. I think that's the first time I've seen him actually score for a 1v1. May it be a turning point, for our sake.
Must have imagined him scoring the winner in a Manchester Derby then....

Hopefully that 1v1 is a turning point for him. Finishing is the one thing really missing from his game, he's still got work to do to be our future leading striker.

Trizy

Must have imagined him scoring the winner in a Manchester Derby then....
Forgot that one. His conversion rates on 1v1s have been shocking, though. If I could actually be arsed looking I'd imagine I'd find at least 8. That's a topic for another night.

ArmchairCritic

Forgot that one. His conversion rates on 1v1s have been shocking, though. If I could actually be arsed looking I'd imagine I'd find at least 8. That's a topic for another night.
Strikers miss chances, the true test of a striker is making sure they are ready when the next one comes along. It's never been technical with Marcus, more mental and Solksjaer's words already seem to have had an effect.

Trizy

Strikers miss chances, the true test of a striker is making sure they are ready when the next one comes along. It's never been technical with Marcus, more mental and Solksjaer's words already seem to have had an effect.
A good striker at a club as big as United should convert a 1v1 every chance they get. We're not talking about curling efforts or snapping at a shot in the box and getting unlucky by narrowly missing, we're talking about no defenders, 1v1 with the keeper. It's literally a strikers, there are no defenders in your way.

Quick search: He missed 10 consecutive 1v1 chances before tonight.

Pogue Mahone

Swiftie Fan Club President
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
A good striker at a club as big as United should convert a 1v1 every chance they get. We're not talking about curling efforts or snapping at a shot in the box and getting unlucky by narrowly missing, we're talking about no defenders, 1v1 with the keeper. It's literally a strikers, there are no defenders in your way.
:lol: Nonsense.

Ban

Would Aguero, Suarez, Messi, Ronaldo, Lewandowski, Kane miss 10 1v1 chances in a row? I'd imagine they'd give you close to 90%.

Come to think of it, Cavani probably would miss them all :lol:
He missed 10 1on1s in a row?

ArmchairCritic

Quick search: He missed 10 consecutive 1v1 chances before tonight.
Imagine how many goals Marcus will be scoring if he starts converting at least half of his 1v1's then eh.

Trizy

He missed 10 1on1s in a row?
As of last month, according to a Reddit thread.

One's I can think of:

Chelsea
Reading
Bournemount
Juventus
Young Boys
Anderlecht
Belgium (with England)
Croatia Friendly (with England) misses two 1v1s.

bosnian_red

Would Aguero, Suarez, Messi, Ronaldo, Lewandowski, Kane miss 10 1v1 chances in a row? I'd imagine they'd give you close to 90%.

Come to think of it, Cavani probably would miss them all :lol:
The nonsense part was at you saying they should convert every 1v1 they get. Nobody does that. Everybody misses chances. Rashford will get better with his finishing with more experience as hes already been showing, but even the deadliest strikers miss plenty of chances. The biggest and most important skill for top strikers to have is to keep getting in goalscoring positions anyway. Aubameyang scores all the time but misses boatloads of chances.

bosnian_red

Arguably the favourite for premier league player of the month in December? Had a good run before Mourinho got sacked too, but has gone on another level with Ole.

Actually just looked it up. Shocking stat but since (and including) January 2011, we've only had 5 player of the month winners. Berba in January 2011, RVP in December and April 12/13, Martial in September 2015, Ibra December 2016.

Devil may care

Another very good performance, his touch and all round play are coming on leaps and bounds, he's holding it and linking so well and I loved how cool his finish was as we needed that second goal to clinch that game IMO. Should be the starting #9 for the rest of the season.

Canagel

I'll have to go against the grain here and say that he struggled in the game today, especially in the first half. Rashford needs to improve his game against packed and strong defenses if is to become a top striker. The entire first half I felt that we could have done much better if we had someone like RVP leading this attack.
We had absolutely nothing from the right which made it difficult for both Rashford and Martial. Still he held the ball for us and that laselles should've been booked early . Twice Rashford got fouled and nothing was given.

Status
Not open for further replies.