Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Obviously I understand that it might be instructions. On the other hand I can't imagine that someone tells hem to put every single free kick from within 30 meters on goal.

At the moment, it is working he is or they are right to do so. I just think a good bit of luck is involved with the deflected goal and the blunder of the keeper resulting in 2 goals. I just feel it won't work in the long run, but I am happy to be proven wrong. :)
Remember Solskjaer saying how good Rashford's shooting is, so won't be surprised if it was tactical decision.

redshaw

Rashford has been doing great. He was trying hard under Jose and doing well compared to others but had his head down a lot. Now he's back to looking up mostly and linking with players who are pushing forward and fighting for each other out there again. Reminds me of the time he nodded down a cross for I think it was Ibra, great team play.

I believe Rashford is a top player. Such a great outlet and for defenders to worry about. The comparisons to Welbeck are quite off.

This is the problem with trying to rate players under Jose's system and then even more so under the down turn.

Even Matic had another good game, made nice turns and passes, did some good covering. Jose downed the tools and halted the progression.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Christ, talk about finding new ways to criticise the player.
Criticising his free kicks, even though we won a corner after the first one, and scored a goal afer the second one. He also scored two games ago directly from a free kick and had also one very good that resulted in a corner. Some people just don't like Rashford.

BrilliantOrange

Supports
Ajax Amsterdam
I expected him to do well in more attacking high pressure system, where his skills and energy level would be better used, but i have to admit he is doing even better than I hoped for. I expected him to cause chaos in the opponents defense and to stretch the field with his dept, getting us more quickly and nearer to the opponents goal.. He does exactly that, but i'm quite surprised by his level of maturity holding the ball upfront and his calmness at times, in stead of continuous opportunistic play.

Makes you wonder how much further he could have been.. But lets look forward.. I hope he can keep this up!

Andrew~

Thought he has relatively average game, nowhere near great. Physically Newcastle had the beating of him and there was a time at 0-0 or 1-0 when he opted to try and score instead of squaring it for an open team mate.

The finish and free kicks were definitely top class though.

sam147

Good to see him composed in a 1v1. But still far too selfish. Not only in moments he has the ball in open play but in set pieces. He needs to learn that he doesn't have to shoot every single time from every single angle sometimes a cross is better. He has been working hard and its good to see him improve. He is using his body better to shield the ball.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Do you really think so? I am a bit annoyed by his growing egoism. It is without doubt that he has developed further, but he wanta to score so bad that he is taking more and more shots, even in situations where passing is the better solution or when he is in a nearly impossible angle to score.

This is very clear to me with the free kicks. He took one directly at goal the first half from a very wide angle, which was just silly. The one we scored from was also a position from which it is nearly impossible to score. Unless there was some effect on that didn't show on the camera angles I had available, it was just a bad free kick that got promoted to a goal thanks to a amateur error by the goalkeeper.

Don't get me wrong. I think he is an important player that will get much better if he gets to play so often, but I just notice there he is also developing a somewhat negative part. I hope I am wrong of course.
You're probably not wrong and that's quite a down to earth statement what you wrote. His hype is building up since LvG era but sometimes ego reveals itself as a much needed confidence, especially for a younger player who wants to impress in his club badly.

Since the club failed in bringing Hazard, Griezmann, Bale or any other magician on the wing, I think he's simply trying to fill the gap of a player who can score from everywhere and run past anyone. Is he sometimes trying to hard ? Absolutely, without a doubt. So far, I'm just glad he's trying and didn't throw toys out of pram like Memphis & Di Maria did at some point.

staniswin

His decision making and positioning has been better recently.He looks twice the player than he was months ago shows how important to have a footballing brain.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP

A very much deserved nomination. Rashford was brilliant for us throughout November. Even as things were going totally to bits under Mourinho Rashford was still putting in performances. We lose at Southampton without him driving us back into the game, he gave us hope in Valencia, he dominated the Fulham game. Since Solskjaer's come in he's got even better.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
His decision making and positioning has been better recently.He looks twice the player than he was months ago shows how important to have a footballing brain.
Specifically what many on the caf were criticising him for not having not very long ago.

Mr PG

The so called Special one really failed to see his talent. To think he stuck with Lukaku 9 games without scoring...never even subbing him...with Rashford on the bench is the reason he ultimately failed at United. In the end, the rings about Jose destroying youth were true and I hope he learns from this experience.

He was brutal with the youngsters at United either due to having a blind spot or in an effort to improve them but ultimately he failed . No one can doubt both Rashford and Martial went backwards during his stay here.

Walters_19_MuFc

Nice to see one of our players being nominated for player of the month. He's been fantastic of late.

Imagine he'll be rested against Reading. He gets through a lot of running, and with Spurs our next league game, you want him fresh.

ArjenIsM3

Not really. Between him and pogba for player of the month imo
Who's been better then? Martial's scored a couple of goals but overall Rashford was better IMHO. Lukaku hasn't been great, Lingard never really stands out, and Pogba is a midfielder.

UncleBob

Who's been better then? Martial's scored a couple of goals but overall Rashford was better IMHO. Lukaku hasn't been great, Lingard never really stands out, and Pogba is a midfielder.
This season, so far, Martial. As for player of the month, not non-midfielder player of the month, its between him and pogba, perhaps pogba for me

Jezpeza

He’s coming into his own.
I went through a stage of thinking I just liked the fact he was homegrown and local and was just another welbeck or Frazier Campbell. Which wasn’t helped by he seemed to be a type of player who never starts games. But lately he’s been quality from the start of games. Still not entirely sure where his best position is though but him and martial both looking better and getting games now.

Greck

Martial has had a better season but Rashford has closed that gap recently and could easily overtake him
1. pogba
2a. Martial
2b. Rashford

tomaldinho1

I expected him to do well in more attacking high pressure system, where his skills and energy level would be better used, but i have to admit he is doing even better than I hoped for. I expected him to cause chaos in the opponents defense and to stretch the field with his dept, getting us more quickly and nearer to the opponents goal.. He does exactly that, but i'm quite surprised by his level of maturity holding the ball upfront and his calmness at times, in stead of continuous opportunistic play.

Makes you wonder how much further he could have been.. But lets look forward.. I hope he can keep this up!
I take some solace in that I'm sure his experience with Mou improved him massively mentally. Mou loved him because he just put his head down and worked his arse off, in a way the perfect pre season for Ole's new brand of football. He comes in with lower expectations/less pressure, lungs the size of pillow cases and heightened hunger to prove himself at No9.

ottosec

Our most improved player under Ole. He has been phenomenal in these last 4 games.

Smores

Played up front in his natural role against 4 pretty shit teams it's no surprise that he's had a good run of games tbf.

It's the signs of confidence and his last finish that excite me more than his form. I think he'll struggle as we go into a tougher run of games again but as long as he shows gradual improvement at his age its enough.

Amar__

Supports
MK Dons
He was growing into form even in Mourinho's last three ir four games, he was easily our best player in Mourinho's last month too, so it's not just 4 good games this season.

Man Utd 2:0 Reading

yfoFC

He looked complacent today and was laughing even before taking a trip over the ball for that chance

Hope this is the last we see of him on the left when martial is available, Rom didn't do enough to win the ST spot back from him so back to your spot kiddo..

yfoFC

I really don't wanna start another "Rashford vs Martial" gripe... but reading the reactions to Martial's game vs Newcastle and seeing the lack of activity here when our HG lad just had a dreadful match just strikes me as unfair

I wonder what would have happened if martial had a game like this..

Amar__

Supports
MK Dons
I really don't wanna start another "Rashford vs Martial" gripe... but reading the reactions to Martial's game vs Newcastle and seeing the lack of activity here when our HG lad just had a dreadful match just strikes me as unfair

That's silly, Rashford is one of our most criticised players.

ErranMorad

Bit of a piss-take from him. I was hoping Garner would come in, we didn't Marcus comfortably 2-0 up in the game. But may be Ole thought that the Reading faithful deserved to see an "English Icon" on the pitch.

Rash Decision

not to use the cream

On the contrary, Rashford has always received far more stick than Martial.

Cereal

Supports
Colo Colo
He's young and runs fast, that's it. Still brainless.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout

Rashford has been criticised way more than Martial. At one point if you praised him in his own thread or said it's obvious he has talent you'd get jumped by the barmy Martial boys because it was one or the other in their heads.

yfoFC

That's silly, Rashford is one of our most criticised players.
Yes he is, no denying that

However I was just making an observation that martial had ok -decent games the last two outings yet people still had a go at him (and people also defended him)

Just seemed odd after a performance like today no one said anything about Rashford's performance especially with the recent posts on martial as a background

Anyways, it was just an observation of mine and hope to see both of them turn up against spurs and onwards

yfoFC

On the contrary, Rashford has always received far more stick than Martial.
It was a comparison with recent performances, maybe I should have put that in my original post

My theory is that Rashford is in a better form at the moment so is cut more of a slack in today's game compared to before

I agree he has been criticized more than martial before, I am talking about the last two games and the different reactions to poor/okay performances by both

Rash Decision

not to use the cream
It was a comparison with recent performances, maybe I should have put that in my original post

My theory is that Rashford is in a better form at the moment so is cut more of a slack in today's game compared to before

I agree he has been criticized more than martial before, I am talking about the last two games and the different reactions to poor/okay performances by both
See this post.

He's young and runs fast, that's it. Still brainless.
And I don't know why you feel the need to complain about him getting less criticism than Martial on one occasion when you acknowledge that he has been been criticised far, far more than Martial overall.

Amar__

Supports
MK Dons
Yes he is, no denying that

However I was just making an observation that martial had ok -decent games the last two outings yet people still had a go at him (and people also defended him)

Just seemed odd after a performance like today no one said anything about Rashford's performance especially with the recent posts on martial as a background

Anyways, it was just an observation of mine and hope to see both of them turn up against spurs and onwards
I understand, but Rashford's form has been excellent for more than month and a half now, and this was just a cameo against a weak side while we were winning a game.

Status
Not open for further replies.