Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

K2K

"Can Manchester United score? They always score"
Some posters are fecking lost causes tbh :lol: Dancing has feck all to do with being or not being focused on football.

It's linking it with being focused or not on football that is nuts. How can something so harmless annoy some fans ?
It's so moronic.

Dancing and having colourful hairstyles does not distract one from football whatsoever. It shows the low level of intellect involved by some when they think that is true.

Evra had an infectious personality and loved dancing too. A lot of people of African decent just love dancing. It's just part of who they are. Doesn't make them any less disciplined. A number of the African teams have over elaborate dance celebrations and its just great to watch.

I know that this just usually falls on deaf ears hence the simple sigh.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
The greatest trick Mourinho has pulled here is to convince United fans that Rashford is anything less than a special footballer.
https://www.redcafe.net/threads/marcus-rashford-2017-18-performances.430532/page-135#post-22633097

Posted this in July this season when he was getting criticised by loads of United fans.

One minor criticism for him is that maybe he doesn't need to close down the goalkeeper every single time and try to conserve/pace his energy better but I'm sure the coaches are working on that.

roonster09

FA Cup Predictions 2023/2024 winner
Scout
https://www.redcafe.net/threads/marcus-rashford-2017-18-performances.430532/page-135#post-22633097

Posted this in July this season when he was getting criticised by loads of United fans.

One minor criticism for him is that maybe he doesn't need to close down the goalkeeper every single time and try to conserve/pace his energy better but I'm sure the coaches are working on that.
Rooney used to be same, yeah it's better to save some energy but closing down the GK like that can also spur other players too.

What a game he had btw. Skill for first goal and the way he attacked for his goal was just brilliant. Even without the goal, he has such a good game.

MDFC Manager

Him and Martial should have been our strikers all along. The previous jackass wasted too much money and effort to alienate them, for no real tangible reason.

jeff gurr

Supports
Leicester City
It's so moronic.

Dancing and having colourful hairstyles does not distract one from football whatsoever. It shows the low level of intellect involved by some when they think that is true.

Evra had an infectious personality and loved dancing too. A lot of people of African decent just love dancing. It's just part of who they are. Doesn't make them any less disciplined. A number of the African teams have over elaborate dance celebrations and its just great to watch.

Really ... What kind of BS generalization is this ???
As a new member I have to be approved but this is acceptable ??

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
It's so moronic.

I can understand not liking dances and funny haircuts (i don't like some of them myself) but it should just stop at that. To go further than that and make crazy theories about x player isn't focused on his job because of that is crazy

I have no problem admitting that I was incredibly and stupidly harsh on him. Idiot me

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
Outrageous performance from him today. Like a man possessed. I love his confidence and willingness to try any skill to beat his defender. That must be unneverving to play against. You're not safe even with his back turned and on the sideline. His decision-making seems to have improved under Ole which is very exciting. Rashford is turning into some player alright! :drool:

Last edited:

BlackBen

@jeff gurr well it's not BS generalization. @K2K didn't say all Africans, he said a lot of people of African decent, which is absolutely the truth.
Dancing is a huge part of African culture and there's absolutely nothing wrong with what @K2K said so take it easy mate. It ain't racism or anything like that. I'm Ghanaian by the way.

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Outrageous performance from him today. Like a man possessed. I love his confidence and willingness to try any skill to beat his defender. That must be unneverving to play against. You're not safe even with his back turned and on the sideline. His decision-making seems to have improved under Ole which is very exciting. Rashford is turning into some player alright! :drool:
Spot on

K2K

"Can Manchester United score? They always score"
@jeff gurr well it's not BS generalization. @K2K didn't say all Africans, he said a lot of people of African decent, which is absolutely the truth.
Dancing is a huge part of African culture and there's absolutely nothing wrong with what @K2K said so take it easy mate. It ain't racism or anything like that. I'm Ghanaian by the way.
I'm South African. We do love dancing. It's part of who we are.

You see it in other people of African decent too like the carribean.

Such an overreaction to a harmless comment by that poster.

A-man

The problem with dances and hair cuts is when you can see it is part of creating a brand around the player. Like Pogba, when he advertised his new emoji etc during the game. The player/brand becomes more important than the team.

Jeffthered

Him and Martial should have been our strikers all along. The previous jackass wasted too much money and effort to alienate them, for no real tangible reason.

Rashford is a better footballer than Martial. Rashford has a better attitude , a more balanced game, works harder, and inspires his team.

Don't confuse the two.

Rashford is a super player, and key for our progress. Great to see him score yesterday, we need him to score all types of goals. He needs that.

LoveFootball

Remember when Mourinho said Martial and Rashford can't play together because it upset the balance of the team and his fans were quick to back this narrative :lol:.

He was great yesterday but he needs to improve his decision making and his finishing. Hope Ole helps him in this regard. Him an Martial remind me of Rooney and Ronaldo, especially the way Ole have them playing, we have just to find the perfect player to partner them at the attack (bring Memphis back?).

cyberman

Well, being a united fan, you should know that young attackers especially strikers will be inconsistent. It is up to him to work it out while he is growing as a player. If he can't, we know he might not make it at highest level.

But, right now when he has been doing good in a few games in a row and still being young, talking about expecting consistency is pretty ridiculous.
Its not his age, its his style.
He won't stop trying to take people on or lacing every shot with power but when he's having an off day those don't come off and his output is non existent.
People say Pogba needs to simplify his game to become more consistent and I think an element of that applies to Marcus as well.
He's amazing when playing like this but he played like this before and suffered when trying to replicate it every week.
Edit Martial was in the same boat and, to my eye at least, he's adapted his game.
He was all about dribbling but he's holding on to the ball a lot more these days, a lot more played passes inside rather than constantly running at the FB and whoever is covering.

ChaddyP

Yeh we fecking love dancing .

Canagel

Rashford is a better footballer than Martial. Rashford has a better attitude , a more balanced game, works harder, and inspires his team.

Don't confuse the two.

Rashford is a super player, and key for our progress. Great to see him score yesterday, we need him to score all types of goals. He needs that.
Don't think so. Martial is the more cultured footballer and better finisher. But Rash has other facets to his game that make him crucial to the way we want to play. His pressing from the front, hold up play, even shooting from range is amongst the best we have . A lot more to come.

STYLOISRED

Remember when Mourinho said Martial and Rashford can't play together because it upset the balance of the team and his fans were quick to back this narrative :lol:.

He was great yesterday but he needs to improve his decision making and his finishing. Hope Ole helps him in this regard. Him an Martial remind me of Rooney and Ronaldo, especially the way Ole have them playing, we have just to find the perfect player to partner them at the attack (bring Memphis back?).
Greenwood if he is a able to step up could be a perfect partner- two footed, fast, aggresive, a natural two-footed dribbler and finisher. thats a huge gamble though, but a man can dream :)'

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
You can apologise to the guy now if you want :D

I am African. We do love dancing. We dance when we are happy. And we dance when are protesting and angry.

That doesn't make us less disciplined per se.

Calm down.

Yeh we fecking love dancing .

jem

Overreaction or attention-seeking ‘outrage’ - either way, that poster let himself down in a major way.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
It's so moronic.

So true.

I’m half African (Uganda) and I actually laughed reading this.:lol:

It’s kind of funny to see you triggered a lot of non Africans from your post i.e 66 year old Jeff from Canada.

John Blund

That sweet elastico. Salguero probably had to see that again in slow-mo to understand what sorcery he witnessed there.

We should really try to get Rashford even more involved. He hardly misses a pass. Against Bournemouth he hit his target on 16 of 17 passes. He only received two passes from Martial and three from Pogba. One off the passes from Martial was the assist. Two of Pogbas passes ended up in a chance for us.

The Mitcher

connoisseur of pot noodles and sandwiches

Dancing is a huge part of almost all human cultures tbh.

But that's off topic and people need to stick to the football, Rashford is immense, screw the haters.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off

Don't confuse the two.

Confuse the two? Comparing them seems rather unecessary given the content of the post you responded to. But if you're dying to compare them, the performances certainly don't agree with your view.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
More than his goals/assists, what has impressed me most in the last couple of weeks is his CF play. The ball seems to be sticking more, there's a purpose to his play rather than the aimlessness we saw before. Long may this continue. When Rashford broke on to the scene he looked like a great 9 in the making. And post LVG, I felt he lost that. He'd pop up with a good piece of play or so, but you couldn't say he was becoming a particular kind of player who would excelled in that respective role. He was just bumbling around trying shit with little happening.

It feels as though he's found some purpose now. Long may it continue.

shahzy

agreed. Its not a thing about pogba being black meaning he likes dancing. Rather that dancing is apart of the culture of african individuals. Personally i think its cool how relaxed and chilled back that is

Bobcat

Behind the curtains, leering at the neighbors

I'll be honest and say i was one of those he (Jose) had fooled. Under Jose, it seemed like everyone was terrified of making mistakes or not following Joses rigid system, and everyone played with high shoulders which seemed to affect Marcus worse than others since hes such a young lad

BlackBen

agreed. Its not a thing about pogba being black meaning he likes dancing. Rather that dancing is apart of the culture of african individuals. Personally i think its cool how relaxed and chilled back that is
Exactly. I think people should just stop the unnecessary criticisms and let the boy enjoy his football and celebrate in anyway he wants.

villain

Hates Beyoncé
100% Ole has been working on his finishing, usually he hits it straight away on instinct, his goal tonight was much more composed.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
He struggled with fitness today, looks tired, not a rocket science since he’s been playing 4 games in a row in less than 2 weeks. But that free kick and the goal show he has a potential to be a world class, a match winner.

Status
Not open for further replies.