Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

-Supreme-

Great heart from him to stay on. Fear he may have caused even more damage to whatever his injury is though but hopefully not.

Because he quite clearly was injured? and we had no subs left?
I have my doubts if he was really injured tbf, especially when you see him ran at full speeds at times

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
I have my doubts if he was really injured tbf, especially when you see him ran at full speeds at times
WTF?! I've never seen a more obvious example of a player struggling to stay on through injury.

It was basically the whole game.

Red-17

Right he just decided he couldn't be arsed to run around and track defenders midway through the first half so he faked an injury so he wouldn't have to do it anymore. Sounds just like the Marcus Rashford we've all seen play for the club huh?

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
I’ve done my ankle loads of times. Bit different because his looked more like an impact than a sprain, but I could run at full pelt when I’ve done mine. It’d just hurt a lot and take longer to recover.

HJ12

OGS said in the MUTV post match interview that he's ankle's swollen the size of a balloon - would be very surprised if he played against Palace in midweek.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Whatshisface the sideline guy said when Rashford came down the tunnel to start the second half he was wincing with every step.

OldTrevil

Great outing especially as he was playing with pain for most of the match and yet kept making runs and offering options to his teammates.

R'hllor

He did his part, did enough for them not having mentality that we are man down 100%, they kinda knew he is just a body but those burst of runs kept them at bay at the back, really important.

I’ve done my ankle loads of times. Bit different because his looked more like an impact than a sprain, but I could run at full pelt when I’ve done mine. It’d just hurt a lot and take longer to recover.
It looked like a bit of bruising from an impact rather than a sprain. A sprain that swells to the size of a balloon isn't something you can put weight on let alone run.

Yagami

Good post resistant
He was injured but I get why @-Supreme- is confused as Rashford's work ethic throughout the game was unbelievable for someone injured. Many a player would play at walking pace and whatnot. 90th min and he's charging for an upfield clearance and closing down their gk? Brilliant, but I hope that doesn't cost him/us in the long run.

You wouldn't have blamed him for taking it easy but that shows you his attitude.

Irwin99

Looked in absolute agony when he stopped after a sprint. Massive respect for the work he did.

Fracture90

Huge respect for him playing through the injury even though it's ill advised to do so. Great heart and it just goes to show how much love he's got for the club.

ash_86

Our players were falling down like flies so he could not be taken off. Hats off to Rashford for doing the best he could.

ZupZup

It looked like a bit of bruising from an impact rather than a sprain. A sprain that swells to the size of a balloon isn't something you can put weight on let alone run.
This isn’t always the case. I have done it myself and been able to finish the game because of the adrenalin...

Then about an hour after playing I could no longer put weight on it.

This isn’t always the case. I have done it myself and been able to finish the game because of the adrenalin...

Then about an hour after playing I could no longer put weight on it.
It depends how bad it is, I've done everything from minor sprain to a clean snapping of the ligament. His looks like a couple of weeks out. If it's bad enough you cannot keep yourself upright and its 3+ months.

Canagel

even in injury he won fouls for us and kept pressing. made a big sacrifice for us and pray that he doesn't miss too many games.

ZupZup

It depends how bad it is, I've done everything from minor sprain to a clean snapping of the ligament. His looks like a couple of weeks out. If it's bad enough you cannot keep yourself upright and its 3+ months.
Well, I finished a game and mine was very bad. I was kept in hospital over night as they thought they might need to operate on it in the morning but couldn’t get a conclusive x-ray because of the swelling. In the end I got away without the operation but was still in a cast for six weeks and it wasn’t even a break... just the ligaments.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Yeah the first time I did it that happened and I couldn't walk on it for two weeks. The other 100 times since it's not ballooned and I've powered through.
But yeah, seems a different injury anyway. Hopefully not chipped the bone or anything.

Meep

Clearly in pain from his foot. You could see him taking pain killers for it. Worked hard and opened up space.

Need to look up and pass sometimes instead of just take a shot from impossible positions.

yfoFC

Hopefully we can afford to rest him on Wednesday, loved the spirit he showed today.. magnificent.

snk123

Loved the hard work! Thought he should have hit the cross from Young (i think) first time and didn't need a touch. We needed a special moment today after our injuries and it didn't come from Rashford when he had a decent chance. Great effort none the less

Suedesi

Marcus Rashford was my MOTM for playing through the pain barrier and grinding his teeth for 70 minutes. Liverpool were taking aim at his ankles all game long. Henderson is a rat.

Status
Not open for further replies.