Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

wolvored

What on earth is that money worth to us? Why would we need it? We're not poor. Certainly not poor enough to sell our best academy prospect in about 20 years.
It could go towards a huge bid for an even younger mbappe. Yes Rashford played decent against Chelsea but you could see the gulf in class against PSG. You are not winning titles or ch LGE with an inconsistent main striker.

Ibi Dreams

It could go towards a huge bid for an even younger mbappe. Yes Rashford played decent against Chelsea but you could see the gulf in class against PSG. You are not winning titles or ch LGE with an inconsistent main striker.
Rashford hasn't really been inconsistent since Ole took over, he's been good in virtually every game and has scored plenty of goals. He has time to become more consistent, too. Also, the idea of selling one of the best young talents in the world, who came through OUR academy, to buy some other hot prospect from abroad is pretty abhorrent. We should be happy we have him and he's the least of our problems at the moment

BlackBen

This doesn't make sense to me. Why sell our best academy prospect in the hopes of attaining another one? If anything at all, we should be adding to the one we have, not selling him.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Agreed, but seems highly unlikely to sign.

If we go for developing a player into the next Mbappe, then Sancho or that Joao Felix guy looks like good matches.
If we're talking realistic options then why is anyone talking about Dybala though?

Felix looks quality but at this stage is just a poacher far as I can see. Not sure if that's a good fit with Rashford right now.

Nhuyb

I can see similarities between Rashford and Mo Salah. I will probably get ripped for this but he has similar raw attributes
I disagree to a certain point.

Technicaly gifted but IMO Rashford is more a Ronaldo C. type of striker, Salah is a Messi one.

I put Mbappe in the same bracket, with Ronaldo and Rashford, each one at different level but with the same attributes.

Last edited by a moderator:

OL29

I can see similarities between Rashford and Mo Salah. I will probably get ripped for this but he has similar raw attributes
Really? I think Salah is better at making space for himself to get a shot off and running at players from wide whereas Rashford's strengths are more about running in behind the defence. Salah's more in the Robben mould for me whereas I believe Rasfhford will develop into an all round CF. Don't really see the comparison to be honest.

Dante

Average bang
Yeah. Benzema could never win a CL.

Stacks

Really? I think Salah is better at making space for himself to get a shot off and running at players from wide whereas Rashford's strengths are more about running in behind the defence. Salah's more in the Robben mould for me whereas I believe Rasfhford will develop into an all round CF. Don't really see the comparison to be honest.
Even up to last season he hadn't scored that many goals just running in behind and had scored plenty from creating space with good footwork. He has scored some nice goals this year too involved good footwork.

deadrevelz

It was a great run by Rashford and a good pass. Not perfect, but Lukaku should have attacked the ball instead of waiting for it to land at his feet.

wolvored

This doesn't make sense to me. Why sell our best academy prospect in the hopes of attaining another one? If anything at all, we should be adding to the one we have, not selling him.
Mbappe is already WC at 19. He would cost £160-200 mill. The Glazers wouldnt come up with that dough unless we sold big. If RM paid £100 mill for Rashford and we could sign Mbappe, well to me its a deal worth doing

wolvored

Rashford hasn't really been inconsistent since Ole took over, he's been good in virtually every game and has scored plenty of goals. He has time to become more consistent, too. Also, the idea of selling one of the best young talents in the world, who came through OUR academy, to buy some other hot prospect from abroad is pretty abhorrent. We should be happy we have him and he's the least of our problems at the moment
Have a look at what I put to Black Ben

wolvored

That's not what you said.
Yeah. Benzema could never win a CL.
I never mentioned Benzema you did. I just said he was carried by Ronaldo. What that has to do with a comparison between Rashford and Mbappe you made up.
Rashford is a decent player but if there was a chance we could get Mbappe but meant Rashford sold I would go for it. Just my opinion.

Dante

Average bang
I never mentioned Benzema you did. I just said he was carried by Ronaldo. What that has to do with a comparison between Rashford and Mbappe you made up.
Rashford is a decent player but if there was a chance we could get Mbappe but meant Rashford sold I would go for it. Just my opinion.
Do you take this back, then?

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
His development and form under Ole has been nothing short of amazing, it's like night and day compared to the player he was under Mourinho.

My Liverpool supporting mates are worried about, tells you how good he has been.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
He’s consistently playing well at the moment. Not even about goals, but Rashford playing well from game-to-game as a default level is brilliant to see. I think in two seasons, he’ll be one of those 40 goal players.

wolvored

Do you take this back, then?
No as you said and I agreed Benzeme is inconsistant. When you are supported by Ronaldo and Bale 2 world class players, you can get away with it. Where are our Bale and Ronaldo to support Rashford as the main striker, to win titles and/or Ch Leagues?

BlackBen

Mbappe is already WC at 19. He would cost £160-200 mill. The Glazers wouldnt come up with that dough unless we sold big. If RM paid £100 mill for Rashford and we could sign Mbappe, well to me its a deal worth doing
You're skipping the fact that Mbappe may choose not to come here and then what would we be stuck with? £100 mil (which I don't believe we need) and neither players. I also don't believe that we need to sell Rashford to fund the transfer of Mbappe. I think the club has shown with the record transfers of Di Maria and Pogba that they're not afraid to spend big if a world class player is willing to join us.

Also, we'd be crazy to sell Rashford. This guy is developing rapidly and nicely since Ole took over. No doubt Mbappe is currently the better player but Rashford will definitely turn out to be a very very special player.

If Real are willing to spend £100 mil on Rashford, why is Woody not out there splashing the cash to get him too? Oh wait! He's already here. Not to pick on you but we tend to hype up players of other clubs whilst downplaying ours.

If Rashford was at another club say PSG, I'm sure a lot of the fans on here would be raving about him and wondering why the board isn't going for him especially when there are not many attacking talents out there who are currently better than Rashford.

Last edited:

Trizy

He’s consistently playing well at the moment. Not even about goals, but Rashford playing well from game-to-game as a default level is brilliant to see. I think in two seasons, he’ll be one of those 40 goal players.
Not sure his finishing is that good tbh. However, if he got 15+ from the wing it'd be a huge return.

Trizy

But he’s a centre forward not a winger.
Back to my original point; his finishing isn't good enough to be a CF. Not yet anywhere. Of course it's something you can practice but the very best strikers/CF just always had the gift of scoring.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Back to my original point; his finishing isn't good enough to be a CF. Not yet anywhere. Of course it's something you can practice but the very best strikers/CF just always had the gift of scoring.
There are so many great players who started scoring freely later in their career. "Always had the gift of scoring" is true for very few players. It wasn't even true for Ronaldo.

Handré1990

Good post. One fecking game, where none of our players stood out and «let’s sell him and get the new M’bappé». I fear for humanity.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
There are so many great players who started scoring freely later in their career. "Always had the gift of scoring" is true for very few players. It wasn't even true for Ronaldo.
Very true. Ronaldo truly transformed himself after the incident in the World Cup 2006 and how every away fans was determined to boo him (with all the disgrace of media pushing it) + SAF and the Man United fans support. Something clicked for him after that World Cup.
I remember Drogba saying after the 06/07 season that Ronaldo was never gonna score at the same rate, little did he know :lol:

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Rashford will improve his finishing, but he’ll become a 40 goal player in my opinion duento his ability to score a variety of goals. He’ll score goals from anywhere within 25 yards, he’ll be a real goal threat from anywhere within 20, he’ll score goals that don’t require ‘service’ and as he improves, he’ll also score a lot of headers.

Racking up goals is more about positioning and being in the right situations than pure finishing ability for me. For a centre forward anyway. The ability to score tap-ins is more down to an ability to find space than a great ability to finish, for example. These things are will improve.

I always thought Ruud was not as great a finisher as he was made out to be, on a side note. In terms of a consistent ability to caress or rifle a shot right into the side-netting from various angles etc. He was good, but not great, to me. Always thought Solskjaer and Scholes were better ‘finishers’ than Ruud, but he had great positioning and hunger for goals. Rashford is technically superior to Ruud I think, and if he can get more of a nose for goals, no telling how many he can score.

Jacob

Work rate, pace and strike technique are his main assets. Hope he improves on finishing (Martial esque) and positioning (Ruud esque)

el3mel

Hopefully playing the full game on a knock doesn't lead to an aggravating injury.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Why was he playing as if he was "injured" yet again?
Because he was. That's second game out of last 3 or 4 that he played throughout injured. If we continue doing this we might do Rooney on him, it's ridiculous how much we depend on him.

Silas

Great effort from him. Hopefully the injury isn't anything serious.

Minimalist

Hope he’s not hurt too badly. Tough situation for him but he’ll be better off for it.

Devil may care

Did all he could but I am worried about the damage we've done to him by having him stay on for the second half.

Santos J

Great heart from him to stay on. Fear he may have caused even more damage to whatever his injury is though but hopefully not.

Why was he playing as if he was "injured" yet again?
Because he quite clearly was injured? and we had no subs left?

Status
Not open for further replies.