Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Infordin

Supports
Barcelona
Is this guy's best position actually a 10? Surely not? He's nowhere near fast nor technically gifted enough for that.

Ashley R1+O

Is this guy's best position actually a 10? Surely not? He's nowhere near fast nor technically gifted enough for that.
At the base as a defensive 6 in a three-man midfield imo, but probably not our best option with the selections that we have available when everybody is fit. Playing him further up seems to be pretty pointless with the way Mourinho plays. Under Van Gaal we had the crippling rigidity which meant positionally we could stay out of his way in the attacking third when he was playing as an 8 but in this more fluid system he seems to get in the way and then dart for the back post when he plays in an attacking position for Jose. I think the 6 role is probably the safest option for his skill-set. Solid, transitions the ball on and can man up and defend.

One of the more baffling quotes I've seen on here. Offers us a vital plan B. Is a good runner, regardless of what you say, better on the ball than people give him credit for and pops up with a goal here and there, along with giving 100%...
Oh don't worry about that user, I wouldn't even read their posts. It is hyperbolic nonsense about Fellaini turned up to 11 at all times. Regardless of the context of a discussion that user just unloads a deluge of bile at Fellaini. Best to skip those posts or pop on ignore, not worth the time engaging.

Special_One

At the base as a defensive 6 in a three-man midfield imo, but probably not our best option with the selections that we have available when everybody is fit. Playing him further up seems to be pretty pointless with the way Mourinho plays. Under Van Gaal we had the crippling rigidity which meant positionally we could stay out of his way in the attacking third when he was playing as an 8 but in this more fluid system he seems to get in the way and then dart for the back post when he plays in an attacking position for Jose. I think the 6 role is probably the safest option for his skill-set. Solid, transitions the ball on and can man up and defend.

Oh don't worry about that user, I wouldn't even read their posts. It is hyperbolic nonsense about Fellaini turned up to 11 at all times. Regardless of the context of a discussion that user just unloads a deluge of bile at Fellaini. Best to skip those posts or pop on ignore, not worth the time engaging.
Thanks for the heads up, mate. I'll still defend him, though, as I say I believe he has a part to play.

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
I don't want to be that guy but at this point maybe banning him from this thread would be a good move. There is criticism and saying he played bad and then there's the constant shitting on one of our own players that he does.

Roboc7

One of the few games this season he has come on and actually played pretty well, the game was slow and scrappy and it suited him.

ovoxo

Looks like him and carrick will probably start on the weekend. He had a good game, hopefully he plays well against Boro.

mu4c_20le

He kept it simple today and distributed well. Had a couple of really good touches, one of his better appearances.

seaNNN

my posts are shite but my gobbles are alright
Better skills and more effective than pogba tonight.

The Hacker

I think unfortunately for him, he'll always be associated with Moyes in the most negative way. Unless he stays for quite some time and wins the league or some European cup, he won't shake off the Moyes shadow during his time with us.

Devil may care

I'd trade a night with Scarlett Johansson to see him sold, the game was awful and then he came lumbering on to make it unbearable, yes he had that one moment of skill but I hate watching him play, it's mostly sideways lolloping, ugly.

snk123

I'd trade a night with Scarlett Johansson to see him sold, the game was awful and then he came lumbering on to make it unbearable, yes he had that one moment of skill but I hate watching him play, it's mostly sideways lolloping, ugly.
One moment? He was brilliant every time on the ball - don't think he put a foot wrong today. I understand that he frustrates a lot of fans but give credit where it's due.

Philadelphian

Few good moments tonight.
This is where I am with the guy. He came on against a tired Rostov team and put in an average performance. Notice that our entire team looked a bit more comfortable late in the game considering how tired they were. I won't take away from him that he works hard and does what he is asked, but I do not think that the supporters of this team are asking for him, or anyone of his skillset, to feature as much as he does. This is because he is everything that is wrong with the club over the last 3 years that Jose is trying to fix. We brought in less quality players and in Moyes' case far less quality managers.

The quality of player simply has to be increased by a lot if we are going to even compete for the league.

Devil may care

One moment? He was brilliant every time on the ball - don't think he put a foot wrong today. I understand that he frustrates a lot of fans but give credit where it's due.

Brilliant? If standards have fallen so low then ok.

Roboc7

I think unfortunately for him, he'll always be associated with Moyes in the most negative way. Unless he stays for quite some time and wins the league or some European cup, he won't shake off the Moyes shadow during his time with us.
It's nothing to do with Moyes, four years of not being very good is what he needs to shake off, if he played well more often the crowd and fans (as they did tonight) would have a different opinion of him, he isn't highly thought of because he is so limited and inconsistent.

facund

He had his dancing shoes on tonight, really good cameo from the big man.

Mystry

Friendship is magic
Some twat on the guardian mbm proclaimed that if rostov could choose any united substitution it would be to swap Pogba for Fellaini. Made it all the more enjoyable when he came on and played well.

Fracture90

Am I the only one who thinks he has a chest hair afro as well? I mean that would explain his sublime chest control.

stevoc

Played a lot better than i thought he would have, few nice touches. Still no idea why he's coming on before Carrick though.

worldinmotion66

Although generally the case, I think that's a harsh assessment of tonight's game. He showed much more directness when he could, didn't give the ball away and drove forward in possession pretty well. His touch was surprisingly good, and though many are blinded by individual skill and can't consider the bigger picture, I do think he did pretty well considering his limitations.

Jones as a left wing back was painful to watch, though.

R'hllor

Afroman in midfield 3 with him being on left side,making that triangle with LB and LAM,sure,him in midfield two to build up play,no thanks,i rather put TFM or any other proper midfielder there.

Status
Not open for further replies.