Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

izec

Disgrace that he is still at the club stealing a living. Must be said at this point in time.

We paid 27m for him, fecking hell, even as a free transfer it would have been a bad deal. In 80% of our games he was and still is totally useless and just pushes us further down to averageness.

Kush

Hyperbolic and will post where they like!!
Is this true? I have never read any quotes like that before, and I am fairly active at following pressers etc, because that would be absolute horrible.
Yes, I am 100% sure. It was early in Mourinho's reign around Community Shield where he gave away the ball which allowed Vardy to score, some journo asked him a question about Fellaini's future at United and he gave that response.

Barnslig

Yes, I am 100% sure. It was early in Mourinho's reign around Community Shield where he gave away the ball which allowed Vardy to score, some journo asked him a question about Fellaini's future at United and he gave that response.
"Because I told him just simply, 'Forget everything you read, forget everything, with me you don't leave for sure.' Maybe that word of confidence - unexpected for him - maybe changed and I think the more organised the team played the easier for the players to feel confident."

This feels a lot like something he could say to get the best of him, not necissarlily to keep him for a long time, to me.

red4ever 79

Is it some kind of private joke that Mourinho has, the Fellanin sub when we are 1-0 up. The most predictable sub and perfomance in modern football. Awful player stealing a living at the club

m1y2

"Because I told him just simply, 'Forget everything you read, forget everything, with me you don't leave for sure.' Maybe that word of confidence - unexpected for him - maybe changed and I think the more organised the team played the easier for the players to feel confident."

This feels a lot like something he could say to get the best of him, not necissarlily to keep him for a long time, to me.
that was said in the beginning of the season, right now it's clear he shouldn't start and perhaps even make the bench but he's again at least on the bench, actually I quite understand Mourinho, he will not want to write him right away after that mistake keep him hungry and in a game like this with horrible state of pitch he, agree with me or not, can be an option..

Still think Mourinho's thinking he's better in the air than he actually is, he mistimes so many of his jumps and doesnt spring really high, usually elbows players etc.. he's pretty horrible at everything actually but in this game he might be and option..

SO, what's important is that players who get the chance instead of the lieks of Fellaini or Rooney should get the chance because it's nothing more worrying than when you see the the evertonians back in the team these days..

izec

Mourinho forces it too much, it is like he absolutely wants him to succeed.

I dont hink there is any squad player who gets this many chances after fecking up again and again for us. Most players would never be in the squad, nevermind getting regular minutes. Just dont understand it, seems a Mou favourite for some reason.

prath92

Mourinho forces it too much, it is like he absolutely wants him to succeed.

I dont hink there is any squad player who gets this many chances after fecking up again and again for us. Most players would never be in the squad, nevermind getting regular minutes. Just dont understand it, seems a Mou favourite for some reason.
tbf de gea cost us more games than he did this season.

Kag

I really don't want to get on his back, but he was on the pitch for all of one minute and completely lost his man at the (admittedly brilliant) free kick delivery. It's just not good enough.

mu4c_20le

Disappointed that Jose put him in midfield again, he was clumsy and it almost looked like he shoved a Zorya player to the ground during a defensive set piece. He should have came on for Rooney and have Jesse on the wing, at least play him to his strenghs if you're gonna use him.

prath92

:lol: and saved us i dont know how many times the last few years
but mourinho will rightly judge any player based on performances under him. And he has had excellent games this season at that position. Iirc the everton game was the first game where his mistake cost us.

Walters_19_MuFc

Good touch by Jose to put him on tonight, after the other day. Would have done him the world of good to come on and just keep things simple.

iKeano

That and the fact he came on and proceeded to immediately lose his man from a set piece who should have scored.
This. Least aerial competent plus 6 footer in football.

he was fine today. probably needed a shot of confidence after sunday.
He lost his first two defensive headers from set pieces and offered very little other than a flailing header that went well wide. Hardly 'fine'.

tbf de gea cost us more games than he did this season.
Go and stand in the corner and think about what you've done.

prath92

This. Least aerial competent plus 6 footer in football.

He lost his first two defensive headers from set pieces and offered very little other than a flailing header that went well wide. Hardly 'fine'.

Go and stand in the corner and think about what you've done.
You should probably think before posting. Or at least read.

Devil81

Let's get one thing straight, his biggest supposed asset is actually one of his weakest. God knows why he didn't head across goal that chance he had with his head, he's useless in the air.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
The free header Zorya had in the second half came from a guy running off Fellaini.

How does a player as lanky as Fellaini get near so easily in the air?

It would not shock me to learn Herrera has won more aerial duels this season.

There is nothing Fellaini excels at. Nothing.

Boycott

The free header Zorya had in the second half came from a guy running off Fellaini.

Well that's a lie...he's got the greatest chest control of all time.

other than that he's crap

Jaybomb

"Horrible at everything"
"Offers nothing"

Man, some of you guys need to give your head a wobble and actually watch the games sometimes. Fellaini has been vital in some of our bigger matches but it seems like nobody can look past his fecking afro. Thats what every argument against him comes back to. :rolleyes:

He's been a better signing than Memphis, Schneiderlin, Schweinsteiger, Darmian and some others. Nowhere near our worst signing or player ever. These overreactions are pathetic.

kr0nix

"Horrible at everything"
"Offers nothing"

Man, some of you guys need to give your head a wobble and actually watch the games sometimes. Fellaini has been vital in some of our bigger matches but it seems like nobody can look past his fecking afro. Thats what every argument against him comes back to. :rolleyes:

He's been a better signing than Memphis, Schneiderlin, Schweinsteiger, Darmian and some others. Nowhere near our worst signing or player ever. These overreactions are pathetic.
Each of those players look to be on their way out of the club and so too should Fellaini.

Sylar

I understand why Jose brought him on today. To boost his confidence after what happened on the weekend and to show him that he still has faith in him (even if he doesnt long-term).
Its a good move in the case of (touchwood) us getting a few injuries and we are sorta forced to play him against as a starter in midfield.

If that were to happen, Id rather Jose tell him "I have faith in you" rather than neglecting him then throwing him when required.

Saying that, id rather see TFM come on instead of him going forward :D

Loublaze

ATLien

Evra won more aerial duels than this joker

Mike09

The boo is ridiculous. Well, it's not like it was the first time anyway. Booing Fellaini became a habit now.

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
Felt sorry for him and I wouldn't

But supporters pay to go and within reason should be able to voice their approval or disapproval

OB

Well, its not like they booed him the whole time. I don't mind a little booing after what he did. Isn't it fans way of letting him know they aren't happy with him? If they boo him every game, then thats not done yes.

Status
Not open for further replies.